jettrink has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

New to the forum and need some serious help

Hi all. Thanks for taking a few minutes to read this and provide some guidance. I am 36, used to be in great shape and to be honest, since marriage and children arrived over the past 10 years, inactivity has crept in.
    In addition, i had a serious bout with Cancer 3 years ago that really set me for a heavy loop.
    I am in dire need of getting back to fighting shape!
    I am not interested in hitting the gym anymore. Joined a few, have had to many memberships to mention and now need to focus.
    I want to focus first on cardio to lose the weight i have gained as well as to build up my endurance.
    i have never been a big runner, but am open to anything.
    Any direction would be great.
    What is the best cardio exercise to go after?
    Running, swimming, biking...
    I can do it early AM and want to drop the weight and then start to hit the weight machine again.
    Thanks

glvfmly is on a distinguished road. (+10) glvfmly is on a distinguished road. (+10) glvfmly is on a distinguished road. (+10) glvfmly is on a distinguished road. (+10) glvfmly is on a distinguished road. (+10) glvfmly is on a distinguished road. (+10) glvfmly is on a distinguished road. (+10) glvfmly is on a distinguished road. (+10) glvfmly is on a distinguished road. (+10) glvfmly is on a distinguished road. (+10) glvfmly is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    First..welcome..I would start w/ getting your diet in check first...dont get me wrong, cardio/exercise is great, but u must get your diet right... For cardio, I have a treadmill at home, but anything u mentioned is a start. Also, look into a jumprope...Im thinking of getting one myself...good luck..
    LIFE BEGINS AT 40!!!

Odin1970 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Odin1970 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Odin1970 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Odin1970 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Odin1970 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Odin1970 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Odin1970 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Odin1970 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Odin1970 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Odin1970 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Odin1970 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by jettrink View Post
    Hi all. Thanks for taking a few minutes to read this and provide some guidance. I am 36, used to be in great shape and to be honest, since marriage and children arrived over the past 10 years, inactivity has crept in.
    In addition, i had a serious bout with Cancer 3 years ago that really set me for a heavy loop.
    I am in dire need of getting back to fighting shape!
    I am not interested in hitting the gym anymore. Joined a few, have had to many memberships to mention and now need to focus.
    I want to focus first on cardio to lose the weight i have gained as well as to build up my endurance.
    i have never been a big runner, but am open to anything.
    Any direction would be great.
    What is the best cardio exercise to go after?
    Running, swimming, biking...
    I can do it early AM and want to drop the weight and then start to hit the weight machine again.
    Thanks
    Walking. Go for a brisk walk every morning, that ought to kick start your energy levels. From there I suspect you'll be more invigorated, if possible swimming is an excellent "all arounder" as far as excersise goes.
    Sig = not worth the petty B.S.

Torch has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Torch has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Torch has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Torch has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Torch has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Torch has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Torch has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Torch has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Torch has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Torch has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Torch has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    might try jumprope as well
    An idea is only dangerous if it is the only one you have.

Ramon66 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ramon66 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ramon66 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ramon66 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ramon66 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ramon66 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ramon66 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ramon66 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ramon66 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ramon66 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ramon66 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    diet is the key for fat loss cardio is for health diet is for looks and health.
    also while cardio is great for cariovascular health it does'nt build muscle.
    you need to at least do pushups pullups and sit ups.
    for building legs and calves without wieght wind sprints work well preferebly uphill works glutes quads and calf. and it great for stamina and conditioning.
    Its not the size of the dog in the fight,
    it's the size of the fight in the dog.

Original Poster has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Original Poster has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Original Poster has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Original Poster has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Original Poster has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Original Poster has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Original Poster has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Original Poster has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Original Poster has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Original Poster has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Original Poster has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    The best cardio is the one you enjoy and that you WILL do.

Me, I have a love/hate relationship with the stepmill. LOL

IronIc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IronIc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IronIc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IronIc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IronIc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IronIc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IronIc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IronIc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IronIc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IronIc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IronIc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I echo what Chi_town said. Gotta find a cardio activity that you like! (or at least can tolerate! )

I like the elliptical. It gives a very good workout and is easier on your knees than running.

~I

wubby will become famous soon enough. (+50) wubby will become famous soon enough. (+50) wubby will become famous soon enough. (+50) wubby will become famous soon enough. (+50) wubby will become famous soon enough. (+50) wubby will become famous soon enough. (+50) wubby will become famous soon enough. (+50) wubby will become famous soon enough. (+50) wubby will become famous soon enough. (+50) wubby will become famous soon enough. (+50) wubby will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I agree - find cardio you like - but even more importantly, don't overdo it. FAR to many people try to do too much, too fast and get injured and give up. This is a long term project. Take small steps with your activity changes whatever they may be and make small changes with your diet changes. You will find yourself less likely to drop back into your old ways.

If you choose running, I would be happy to give you specific suggestions on doing it safely and more effectively. Running is not a matter of putting on running shoes and "Just doing it".
    "Don't worry, you'll pass out before you die."

"Somewhere in the world someone is training when you are not. When you race him, he will win."