tomperez1971 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Smile Need ideas and advice..what's new right!!

Hi all!

I've been reading alot of the nutrition threads and feel i'm missing out on some info, or maybe i'm just not getting it.

I'm lactose intollerant and have Ulcerative Colitis. I'm taking Cytosport Muscle Milk 2-3 x a day and eating what i think i should to help gain mass and shed some bodyfat (mass is my goal right now) I've only been back into BB for about 3 months now, (12 year beer bulking period i like to call it!) and ... i know i'm not going to see MAJOR results this early in but would like to get some more advice on what i should be eating.

Some questions i have are:

1) I can't have Whey because it has lactose in it..or at least the ones i've seen do so, is the amount of lactose in Whey enough to cause problems for me with regardes to having UC too? I realy don't want to en up in the Hospital again.

2) Has anyone here delt with UC and what were their diet needs as far as building muscle and fat lose?

I've read some reports that 1-5 men between 19-35 get UC and was wondering how (if any) BB deal with it.

I hope i don't sound like i'm dying or any such thing. I'm just wanting to see FAST results from my lifting.

Thanks in advance for the help and advice!!
    Do or Do Not, There Is No Try-Yoda

Lenny99 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Lenny99 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Lenny99 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Lenny99 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    1. You need patience. Want to see FAST results then go shoot **** in your ass. It takes time to see results.
    2. 1-2 Muslcle Milk per day is plenty. Eat real food.
    3. I had some stomach issues. HAD. Switching to real food and getting away form grains/bread/gluten stopped all my stomach issues. Give real food a go. Milk proteins are nice to have not need to have.

ejthomp is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ejthomp is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ejthomp is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ejthomp is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ejthomp is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ejthomp is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ejthomp is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ejthomp is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ejthomp is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ejthomp is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ejthomp is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by tomperez1971 View Post
    ....I'm taking Cytosport Muscle Milk 2-3 x a day and eating what i think i should to help gain mass and shed some bodyfat (mass is my goal right now) ............. I'm just wanting to see FAST results from my lifting.....
    So what kind of fast results do you want? If you are trying to shed body fat and gain mass AT THE SAME TIME, you can't expect fast results of either.

Originally Posted by ejthomp View Post
    So what kind of fast results do you want? If you are trying to shed body fat and gain mass AT THE SAME TIME, you can't expect fast results of either.
    I'm trying to build more lean mass right now. I know it won't happen over night or even in a few months. i realy am impressed with the results i've achived in 3 months but i KNOW i'm not eating what i should to be BETTER results.

Thanks for the input so far. I'm going to cut out wheat and gluten and see how that goes. I LOVE bananas, apples, oranges and raisens. are these ok snacks during the day? i work in a health food store called Sun Harvest. It's not geared toward weight lifting/body building but it's much better then when i was a restaurant manager. so i have somewhat easy acces to fresh fruits and veggies everyday.

Thanks again!!

ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz
    I'm not qualified to advise you on your medical issues, but can link you to some good general bodybuilding nutrition info:

Nutrition knowledge: http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/bbin...icsofNutrition
    No brain, no gain.

"The fitness and nutrition world is a breeding ground for obsessive-compulsive behavior. The irony is that many of the things people worry about have no impact on results either way, and therefore aren't worth an ounce of concern."--Alan Aragon

Where the mind goes, the body follows.

Ironwill Gym:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpost.php?p=629719403&postcount=3388

Ironwill2008 Journal:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=157459343&p=1145168733

Thanks for the link. i'll check it out tonight after work.