romeo1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

How long do you have to drink a protien shake and get all the nutrients?

For instance if I wanted to make a homemade shake with oatmeal and protein powder,or just a protein power shake ETC. how short of a time frame do I have to drink it?

I have heard of people mentioning drinking their shakes immediately because it says so on some protein powder containers.But is this really neccessary?
    I plan to drink a daily shake of oatmeal and protein powder(until I get tired of it) but I dont want to lose out on any of the carbs or protein.
    For the record,the shortest time I will drink the shake is within three hours after I make it,and the longest is 5 hours.
    Sound okay?

Thanks...

Adam54 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    not possitive but ive read somewhere 90 mins and under.

127.0.0.1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Well, its been my experience that if it sets for more than an hour, it doesnt taste as good as it does freash. Im not sure how it affects the nutrients and protein content.

Why would you wait 5 hours to drink it anyway? School?

If thats the case, just put the powder in a seperate container. A few mins before you drink it just mix with milk/water then shake well. Tada.

NextBestThing is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NextBestThing is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NextBestThing is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NextBestThing is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NextBestThing is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NextBestThing is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NextBestThing is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NextBestThing is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NextBestThing is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NextBestThing is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NextBestThing is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

Re: How long do you have to drink a protien shake and get all the nutrients?

Originally posted by romeo1
    For instance if I wanted to make a homemade shake with oatmeal and protein powder,or just a protein power shake ETC. how short of a time frame do I have to drink it?

I have heard of people mentioning drinking their shakes immediately because it says so on some protein powder containers.But is this really neccessary?
    I plan to drink a daily shake of oatmeal and protein powder(until I get tired of it) but I dont want to lose out on any of the carbs or protein.
    For the record,the shortest time I will drink the shake is within three hours after I make it,and the longest is 5 hours.
    Sound okay?

Thanks...
    Id say its fine, I dont buy into that drink within an hour BS. So you lose a little nutrients, its the price you pay for convenience. If your so worried about losing a little bit of protein, use more powder and it will even out.
    So close to 10k, green is my favorite color nom saiyan?

CheekyKunt Crew
    92Brah

tenhigh has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    It takes you THREE HOURS to finish one protein shake????

nawal will become famous soon enough. (+50) nawal will become famous soon enough. (+50) nawal will become famous soon enough. (+50) nawal will become famous soon enough. (+50) nawal will become famous soon enough. (+50) nawal will become famous soon enough. (+50) nawal will become famous soon enough. (+50) nawal will become famous soon enough. (+50) nawal will become famous soon enough. (+50) nawal will become famous soon enough. (+50) nawal will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    As an undergraduate biochemist, over half of my lectures and lab classes are about protein structure. There is absolutely no reason why a protein should denature in 5 hours if its kept at a moderate temperature

And even if the proteins did denature, their constituent amino acids aren't going anywhere. In fact, the more I think about it, the more certain I am that 5 hours is fine.

Instructions on the package are probably relating to taste or safety. They don't want teens making shakes with milk then leaving them in their school bag for five hours before drinking them! Salmonellosis is a pretty poor marketing strategy!

romeo1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Tenhigh,It takes me more like 4 hours to finish a protein shake. J/K

Actually I plan to make up my shakes in the morning and drink at work. I get a 15 minute break and a 30 minute lunch.I wanted to drink a MRP/homemade MRP during the 15 minute break.After the bell rings for the 15 minute break,I have to wash my hands,gets seated ETC. and its it would be easier to drink a shake then cook and rush to eat it.
    Anyway my break is about 3 hours after I leave the house,so this is why I said 3 hours.I then have a lunch 2 hours later,which is why I said 5 hours.

Thanks.

tenhigh has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    oh oh okay, i get what you're saying now... i was like

"damn my shakes are resting firmly in my stomach three seconds after im done mixing them, this dude must really be nursin em"

haha