mslisa29 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mslisa29 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mslisa29 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mslisa29 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mslisa29 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mslisa29 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mslisa29 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mslisa29 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mslisa29 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mslisa29 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mslisa29 will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Question Light weight/More reps?

I know...me again...asking another question!

I didn't know where else to post this......wasn't sure so I opted for here since I've posted in here already.......

How would one lift according to my post title? How light should the weight be, what should the maximum be, how many reps, how much rest in between...

I don't want to bulk up...I want to know so that when I decide to do some weight training here soon I will know what to do so I can be prepared.

Gr8RedShift has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

BULK UP!

Well, first off, your name is mslisa, so i expect your a female. No need to worry, lifting weights will not make you a freak of nature or goliath. The female body cannot produce the testosterone and other elements to enable this sort of transformation. If anything, lifting weights consistently will turn you into a fat burning machine, and give you good tone. If your a male, this also applies in a sense, as to simply lifting weights will not make you a giant. There are many other factors such as diet and lifting programs.

hotgymchick has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hotgymchick has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hotgymchick has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hotgymchick has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hotgymchick has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hotgymchick has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hotgymchick has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hotgymchick has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hotgymchick has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hotgymchick has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hotgymchick has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Its hard to say, not really knowing your fitness level or anything like that.

For a general, weight-loss kind of beginning program (not for gaining mass or significant strength but rather supporting a more cardio-focused fat loss program), I would suggest 3 sets of around 12 reps. Pick a weight (I cant really tell you what it is, not knowing your current strength) and try to get the last rep in at around 12. This will concentrate on strength/endurance. I would rest about 45 seconds to a minute between sets.

If this lends you any help, I am trying to build my bis/tris, so I pick 2 compound exercises, do 2 warmup sets each, and do 4 heavy sets. (failure around the 6th rep). Then I pick one or two isolation exercises and reach failure for 3-4 sets at around 10-15 reps. However, I am not trying to gain significant mass on my legs, so I do exercises and fail around 10-15 reps as well.

You will notice that some bodyparts, like unweighted ab exercises and calves, respond better to higher reps. However, doing endless reps with light weight will get you no where. After 6-8 weeks on the beginning program, you should be able to move up in weight and feel a difference in strength as well as muscle endurance.

You will not bulk up. Rest assured, you will ONLY bulk up as a female if you: Lift extremely heavy (we are talking like more than the 20lb dumbbells here, haha much more), take testosterone-enhancing things, and eat a bulking diet.
    5'5", 123 lbs., 14% BF