kev1571 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Blood Clot Recovery Advice

Hi Guys,

New to the forum and looking for some advice from anybody who has any experience of these problems.

I'm a 20 y/o male who's had been training for about 3 years. In September 2013 my right arm and lat became swollen and sore to the point I could no longer lift and found out i have a 2 blood clots in that area. I've been on blood thinners ever since. Due to the pain I could no longer lift and never went to the gym for 5 months. Now I have started going back and the pain has gone, however my arm still gets swollen and feels tight causing a dramatic loss in strength. Not to mention the fact that my right arm looks and feels significantly larger than the left one now

Bascically my question to you guys is has anybody had a DVT in their arm before? if so how long did it take for you to go back to normal (if it actually ever does), how did you get around the swelling etc?

ANY advice on this would be much appriciated. I've seen lots of threads/info on the internet about DVT in legs but very little in the arms and even less about bodybuilding and DVT's.

Sorry for the long post and thank's in advance.
    -Kev.