Jchristopher has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Exclamation shoulders pop!!!!

I have been reading about rotator cuff injuries and shoulders popping out of place both on the message board and in the super site but I have not found any info on what I am experiencing.

When I perform a bench press either with dumbells or barbell, incline or flat, my shoulders pop. Sometimes its my right shoulder, sometimes my left. It happens when i am lowering the weight and when my elbows are passing shoulder level.

It does not really hurt, it is just annoying more the less. Does anyone think I am on the road to shoulder problems? Has anyone else experienced this "popping of the shoulders"?

Jeremy L. Christopher
    FOR RENT

invast has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    If it doesn't hurt don't worry about it. If it does then get it looked at.

Saving Muscle Since 2004 SavesTheMuscle's Avatar
    SavesTheMuscle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SavesTheMuscle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SavesTheMuscle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SavesTheMuscle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SavesTheMuscle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SavesTheMuscle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SavesTheMuscle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SavesTheMuscle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SavesTheMuscle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SavesTheMuscle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SavesTheMuscle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    same thing happens to me, but only with my right one.

I was wondering the EXACT same question. Even same thing when my elbows pass shoulders going down.

::tries to do military pressing form::

now that I try it, it doesn't pop as bad as it use to. Never hurt though...

Shiz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    yup same thing happens to me
    No clue what it is though
    shiz...

hyp3r3xt3nsion has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    by pop do you mean crack?

Jchristopher has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally posted by hyp3r3xt3nsion
    by pop do you mean crack?
    Its not really a crack or series of cracks, just one sharp pop.
    But if I rotate my arm with my forearm perpendicular to the floor and my upper arm paralell to the floor then I can feel a series of pops going on in there.

None of this causes pain and neither my right or left shoulder does it all of the time (when pressing). One day the right another day the left. Its jacked up if you ask me.

Its kinda like you fall in a well and your eyes go crossed, get kicked by a mule they go back straight. Go figure!
    "uncle eddie, christmas vacation"
    IF I CAN, I LIFT IT.
    IF I CANT, I WILL TRAIN TILL I CAN.
    SO DONT JUDGE ME.
    TA DA, TA DA, HOW YOU LIKE ME NOW!

Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz
    Same thing happens to me... Has always happened to me... Once upon a time I read an explanation around here for it... But it escapes me at the moment...

I can only tell you that I remember reading it, and thinking... "Oh... Okay... Nothing to worry about!" For me, it's an opening pop, and then a couple cracks here and there... Then everything is fine. No Pain etc...

Nainoa
    6'4"

"There are only two mistakes one can make along the road to truth: not going all the way, and not starting." The Buddha

stuart109 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) stuart109 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) stuart109 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Bump.....

Does anyone know if this shoulder cracking and poping is a problem of sum sort. I get this especially when lowering the weight back down on the bench press .........

Originally posted by stuart109
    Bump.....

Does anyone know if this shoulder cracking and poping is a problem of sum sort. I get this especially when lowering the weight back down on the bench press .........
    on some it's going to be normal. if there's pain attached with it, stop immediately. if there isn't, you can continue, but next time you're at the doctor bring it up for peace of midn

SimonSack has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    My shoulders pop, click and crack if i try and move them in any direction, i get some real funny looks when im benching and doing shoulder exercises because people can hear my shoulders clicking, doesnt hurt tho

aig has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    yes, my shoulders do pop as well. for as long as i can remember, my left shoulder has always cracked,popped when i bench or move it in a circular motion. after a few rotations clockwise and opposite, it finally stops after one big crack. a few months ago, i was squatting the the bar slipped off of my right shoulder, moving backwards, which did something quite bad to that shoulder. after that day for a week or so, i could barely lift that arm. every once in a while after demanding activities, both my shoulders get strong pains in them. i take motrin for them so it does not happen so often but i still cannot totally figure out what is wrong with them. i went to the sports medicine doctor and he told me not to do any exercises which involved moving my arms upward(like a military press movement). this didnt help at all because i have not worked my shoulders due to these pains since before august. anyways, he told me that it was some rotator cuff or joint moving the wrong way. if anyone knows anything i should do(exercises, coracedin shot) please post it.

sorry bout the length

Lumiere has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Lumiere has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Lumiere has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Lumiere has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Lumiere has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Lumiere has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Lumiere has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Lumiere has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Lumiere has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Lumiere has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Lumiere has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally posted by SimonSack
    My shoulders pop, click and crack if i try and move them in any direction, i get some real funny looks when im benching and doing shoulder exercises because people can hear my shoulders clicking, doesnt hurt tho
    yes. i have the same problem too. my shoulder cracks even when i am just stretching/ changing clothes. its kind of embarassing though. so far i have not experienced any pain but i wonder if flexibiity has anything to do with it because i am very flexible...

trap_builder has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    If the pop is caused by the barbell bench press, try doing dumbell bench presses.

This helped me with my shoulder popping/clicking/cracking/snapping etc...
    Being Full Is No Reason Not To Eat

Originally posted by Lumiere
    yes. i have the same problem too. my shoulder cracks even when i am just stretching/ changing clothes. its kind of embarassing though. so far i have not experienced any pain but i wonder if flexibiity has anything to do with it because i am very flexible...
    it's something like nitron being released...or something along those lines, i forget