Thread: new to the gym

spectrexs has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Unhappy new to the gym

hey everyone i know this might seem like a dumb question, but i have no idea where else to ask. right now i'm almost 19 years of age, 6'1" and about 145 lbs. i want to gain alot of muscle, and be ripped as well. i've worked out in the gym before, but back then i was just doing whatever... i have 2 questions; 1)how long should i ideally spend in the gym? i know for a fact i can stay 3 hours at most. 2)i just bought a 5lb thing-a-ma-jig of "Optimum 100% Whey Protein", how the hell are you supposed to take this stuff? thank you all, your help is greatly appreciated =).

Warblade has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Try for 1 to 1.5 hours in the gym. Split up your gym days, and make sure to get a couple of days off to let your nervous system recover.

Whey protein. Take it after your workout, as soon as possible too. It will help you to rebuild and recover quicker since whey digests quickly. After an hour or something have some solid food, make sure its high in protein. But this kinda goes for all meals. Eat right, or you'll never be ripped. Search the boards for suggestions on how to eat and how much to eat.

Try mixing whey with skim milk at night. I think the milk should help to slow down the digestion of whey so that you have more protein released slower while you sleep.

digital_one will become famous soon enough. (+50) digital_one will become famous soon enough. (+50) digital_one will become famous soon enough. (+50) digital_one will become famous soon enough. (+50) digital_one will become famous soon enough. (+50) digital_one will become famous soon enough. (+50) digital_one will become famous soon enough. (+50) digital_one will become famous soon enough. (+50) digital_one will become famous soon enough. (+50) digital_one will become famous soon enough. (+50) digital_one will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I only spend 45 - 60 mins working out and i don't believe you need to spend any longer.