waytoodeep03 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) waytoodeep03 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) waytoodeep03 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) waytoodeep03 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) waytoodeep03 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) waytoodeep03 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) waytoodeep03 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) waytoodeep03 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) waytoodeep03 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) waytoodeep03 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) waytoodeep03 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Why does the track feel different from the treadmill?

I feel so much better when I run on the track. When I first started running on the track I thought I wasn't going to make it then two days later my abs and my shoulders were sore.

I never felt such a burn though when running a treadmill why is that?

Stannian will become famous soon enough. (+50) Stannian will become famous soon enough. (+50) Stannian will become famous soon enough. (+50) Stannian will become famous soon enough. (+50) Stannian will become famous soon enough. (+50) Stannian will become famous soon enough. (+50) Stannian will become famous soon enough. (+50) Stannian will become famous soon enough. (+50) Stannian will become famous soon enough. (+50) Stannian will become famous soon enough. (+50) Stannian will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    My guess would be that probably because you are actually forcing your body forward on the track instead of moving your feet with the treadmill. The treadmill could actually help you run, that is assuming it is one with a motor. I really don't know though, just a guess....

ViolatorJF has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ViolatorJF has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ViolatorJF has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ViolatorJF has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ViolatorJF has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ViolatorJF has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ViolatorJF has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ViolatorJF has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ViolatorJF has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ViolatorJF has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ViolatorJF has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Depending on the type of treadmill, some absorb the shock of your feet hitting it much more than the ground does, which could explain why you're sore. Also, it's possible to run "half-assed" on a treadmill simply because it's doing the moving for you, and you're staying in place. When you run outside, it's the opposite, and feels weird if you're used to a treadmill.

waytoodeep03 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) waytoodeep03 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) waytoodeep03 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) waytoodeep03 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) waytoodeep03 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) waytoodeep03 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) waytoodeep03 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) waytoodeep03 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) waytoodeep03 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) waytoodeep03 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) waytoodeep03 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally posted by ViolatorJF
    Depending on the type of treadmill, some absorb the shock of your feet hitting it much more than the ground does, which could explain why you're sore. Also, it's possible to run "half-assed" on a treadmill simply because it's doing the moving for you, and you're staying in place. When you run outside, it's the opposite, and feels weird if you're used to a treadmill.

Yea I also see results much more faster when I run on the track because of what you said" the treadmill does the moving for me" I just follow the movements. I find that I push harder and run harder on a track anyways which results in faster weight loss

Ripped2shreds has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    If you want to replicate running on ground (or track) on a treadmill it must be at an incline apparently. Running on a treadmill is definately a whole lot easier and therefore not as good as running outside.

teewoods has a spectacular aura about. (+250) teewoods has a spectacular aura about. (+250) teewoods has a spectacular aura about. (+250) teewoods has a spectacular aura about. (+250) teewoods has a spectacular aura about. (+250) teewoods has a spectacular aura about. (+250) teewoods has a spectacular aura about. (+250) teewoods has a spectacular aura about. (+250) teewoods has a spectacular aura about. (+250) teewoods has a spectacular aura about. (+250) teewoods has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Why? Very easy.cos the treadmill assists you and its unnatural and the best way to get an injury. Its should be avoided like the smith machine.

Having sprinted for the UK at University levels. I see many people use horrible form sprinting on the treadmill. For those sprinting, never run flat-footed. Run with the sole (like your tip toe) ever seems a spike shoe used by runners? The spikes are only on the front. Never let the back of your foot touch the floor. If you continually sprint like this expect future problems with your Achilles tendon.

It’s very difficult to run on the treadmill this way. cos of the danger of balance. That’s why I advise anyone who listens not to sprint on the treadmill. Who ever design treadmills did not do so with the idea of some sprinting on it

Do your HIIT on the elliptical or in 5 yrs time end up with a ruptured tendon for life!!!

Ripped2shreds has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    True sprinting is definately not for treadmills thats a bit of a no brainer. and I wouldnt run on your toes the whole time either unless sprinting a maximum distance of 400 mtrs. I also run track and have had achillies problems. I now train in the winter in flats (Racing trainers). If you are running at say 75% effort (striding) the correct form to take is a rolling motion; you have a split second touch of the heel, rock forward onto the balls of your feet and then a toe push (spring off with toes) at the end. This style has been recommended to me by a physio and has helped keep me injury free.

teewoods has a spectacular aura about. (+250) teewoods has a spectacular aura about. (+250) teewoods has a spectacular aura about. (+250) teewoods has a spectacular aura about. (+250) teewoods has a spectacular aura about. (+250) teewoods has a spectacular aura about. (+250) teewoods has a spectacular aura about. (+250) teewoods has a spectacular aura about. (+250) teewoods has a spectacular aura about. (+250) teewoods has a spectacular aura about. (+250) teewoods has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Nothing wrong with sprinting on your toes. I am off course talking about sprinting not jogging. and who can really sprnit for more than 400m? Longer distance running requires shoes with padding for the sole of your feet.

Getting the right running shoes is equally important. Soem people run from heel to toe vice versa. Thats why running shoe were designed for various forms of running.

The fact you have a problem with your achilles emans you had been using the wrong form or shoes.

I know many here are experts on training. But the curse of the HIIT on the treamill would come to hunt many in the near future. Rotrator Cuff injuries would be nothing compared to the achilles tendon injuries of many HIIT bomers who insist on sprinitng on the treadmill.

[i]

I know many here are experts on training. But the curse of the HIIT on the treamill would come to hunt many in the near future. Rotrator Cuff injuries would be nothing compared to the achilles tendon injuries of many HIIT bomers who insist on sprinitng on the treadmill. [/B]

I totally agree. It doesnt feel natural doing hit on any machine. I would rather ride a real bike , run a track, or run up bleachers and stairs. I find the results much more efficient this way

habib has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally posted by Ripped2shreds
    If you want to replicate running on ground (or track) on a treadmill it must be at an incline apparently. Running on a treadmill is definately a whole lot easier and therefore not as good as running outside.
    This makes sense. When you actually run, you have to propel yourself forward and upwards. When a on treadmill, you only need to propel yourself upward, with a VERY slight forward angle to compensate for the rotation of the treadmill. When you incline it, the same effort would result in you stumbling backwards and falling onto your ass. In order to compensate for the increased angle, you are forced to work harder and in a manner more similar to actual running.
    5'7" - 157 lbs - 15% bf
    Cutting

Yeah and dont forget to include...'runner beware'. As people begin to elevate the treadmill in order to increase their heart rates, it increases the stretch on the plantar fascial ligament. It's not natural to walk uphill all of the time. So if they are going to elevate the treadmill for periods of time, they should also lower it back down for a while.

To make things worse your'e sprinting not even jogging. Very bad idea! And we all complain about the smith machine..huh?