JohnR_In_LA has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Casual Dieter, any recommendations?

WEEKDAY DIET:

1. I usually wake up to Oatmeal mixed with whey. Sometimes I just have a milk and whey shake

2. I have a little carb boost before my workout (today it was 3 candies)

I work out at lunch.

3. If I am not too hungry, I will have a protein shake afterwards, with an orange ( dextrose). If I am real hungry, I will have something solid, like a cafateria lunch.

4. Before I leave work, I usually have a bad snack, like a snickers candy bar.

When I get home, I do cardio.

5. Then I eat a regular home made dinner with my kids.

6. Then around 10pm, i often drink red wine..

--------------------

WEEKEND DIET: I loose some control over my diet on the weekends...
    ....sometimes I eat too much, and gain ...
    .....sometimes I hike all weekend and loose ...

--------
    Recommendations? Thanks TONS in advance

weight: 230lbs
    Im 5'11'. 42 years old, big bones, well-muscled (bbig), but have a gut. My ideal weight would probably be 190lbs.
    Last edited by JohnR_In_LA; 04-27-2004 at 04:51 PM.
    JR

Harland will become famous soon enough. (+50) Harland will become famous soon enough. (+50) Harland will become famous soon enough. (+50) Harland will become famous soon enough. (+50) Harland will become famous soon enough. (+50) Harland will become famous soon enough. (+50) Harland will become famous soon enough. (+50) Harland will become famous soon enough. (+50) Harland will become famous soon enough. (+50) Harland will become famous soon enough. (+50) Harland will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Alright breakfast sounds good, only thing I would do is maybe add some eggs down the road.

carb boost, lol..... Try something like Gatorade powder or even a Gatorade drink if you have to.

You NEED a post workout meal. This is a must, best with some whey protein and a high gi food. Honey is the best for high gi, higher then orange or dextrose. Again if you can't have honey, then bring Gatorade powder mixed in with your protein or something.

Now on the cafe lunches and food, I would try making some chicken/turkey/red meat with some vegetables and bring it in a lunch box.

I have nothing to say about the snickers, LOL. You can figure that one out, but I will say if you need something before you leave try a protein bar.

Having some red wine is fine, just keep it in moderation. I'm sure it is high in calories and sugar, not the best before bed. So try to keep it down to special nights, or maybe 1-2 times a week.

Good luck and train hard. Cardio is the place where you will loose the weight. Do the right type of cardio, no low term low intensity stuff. Try to use some high intensity for 16-25 minutes. OR, do low intensity but throw in like 15-20 bursts with high intensity.
    Trying to be the best I can be, without having to do my best.

zackmurphy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) zackmurphy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) zackmurphy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) zackmurphy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) zackmurphy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) zackmurphy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) zackmurphy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) zackmurphy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) zackmurphy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) zackmurphy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) zackmurphy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I'm sure you can figure some of this out, but: (and you can decide which of these suggestions works for you, depending on how seriously you want to ditch the gut)

WEEKDAY DIET:

1. I usually wake up to Oatmeal mixed with whey. Sometimes I just have a milk and whey shake this is good

2. I have a little carb boost before my workout (today it was 3 candies) the pre-workout candy is not good. Candy = sugar = crap. Pre-workout, your body needs protein, and some complex carbs. Fats are not helpful at all. This is 1 of your 2 most important feedings

I work out at lunch.

3. If I am not too hungry, I will have a protein shake afterwards, with an orange ( dextrose). If I am real hungry, I will have something solid, like a cafateria lunch.This is the other one. After workout out, your body REALLY wants some more protein, can greatly benefit from some kind of carb, either dextrose, oats, a complex carb, or some combo of the two. Fats are not helpful here, so if it's a cafeteria lunch, go easy, big fella.

4. Before I leave work, I usually have a bad snack, like a snickers candy bar. stop it. You're killing me here. Find a good snack to replace this.

When I get home, I do cardio. all the more reason to ramp up your protein after working out AND in your snickers meal. ideally you're not doing cardio so quickly after lifting, but I know schedules can be tough. Protein, my friend.

5. Then I eat a regular home made dinner with my kids.kids are good. protein again, whole carbs, watch the fat, but a little is okay

6. Then around 10pm, i often drink red wine..how badly do you want to lose that belly?

JohnR_In_LA has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Thanks all, Ill work on the snickers and the pre post meals ...
    JR