Thorazine is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Thorazine is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Thorazine is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Thorazine is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Thorazine is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Thorazine is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Thorazine is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Thorazine is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Thorazine is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Thorazine is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Thorazine is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

What to eat when you get your wisdom teeth taken out?

I got all 4 pulled today, and I have to say that going under anaesthetics (yes, I can't spell I know) was such a weird feeling.

Anyways, all i'm basically "eating" right now is eggs, milk, and weight gainer shakes (we're talking 1000 cals per shake).

But I need FOOD. Can anyone help me with anything?

I can hardly chew, I can't open my mouth very wide, and I basically have to swallow everything.

Thanks guys, I appreciate it.

Thorazine

Registered User Travis Stenersn's Avatar
    Travis Stenersn is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Travis Stenersn is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Travis Stenersn is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Travis Stenersn is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Travis Stenersn is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Travis Stenersn is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Travis Stenersn is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Travis Stenersn is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Travis Stenersn is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Travis Stenersn is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Travis Stenersn is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    That's funny, guess what I'm gettin' done to me on Monday!!

I'm definately interested in hearing some opinions on how I can keep protein up during my few days high on codeine!

Brian Lafleur has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally posted by Travis Stenersn
    That's funny, guess what I'm gettin' done to me on Monday!!

I'm definately interested in hearing some opinions on how I can keep protein up during my few days high on codeine!
    well stenerson... you've stressed how much you like yogurt... so down a kilo or two a day... drink a shat load of milk...

Tony is just really nice. (+1000) Tony is just really nice. (+1000) Tony is just really nice. (+1000) Tony is just really nice. (+1000) Tony is just really nice. (+1000) Tony is just really nice. (+1000) Tony is just really nice. (+1000) Tony is just really nice. (+1000) Tony is just really nice. (+1000) Tony is just really nice. (+1000) Tony is just really nice. (+1000)

Unhappy

I am getting them out in a month of 2
    Mod at universal-muscle.com

26 July 2001:
    Height - 6'1"
    Weight - 135 pounds
    Bodyfat - 6%

26 July 2005:
    Height - 6'1"
    Weight - 207 pounds
    Bodyfat - 8-9%

Kutulus has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    man i hope i don't hafta do that **** soon

how old r u thor?

Jean Schernoff has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I suggest you ingesting everything in a liquid form if you can.

Thats what I did when I got two of them pulled out. I juiced everything before I would eat it.

Basically, my diet consisted only of vegetables, fruits, milk, juices, and yogurts.

Good luck!

ozcoltsfan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ozcoltsfan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ozcoltsfan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ozcoltsfan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ozcoltsfan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ozcoltsfan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ozcoltsfan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ozcoltsfan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ozcoltsfan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ozcoltsfan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ozcoltsfan is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    try custard and also baby food
    worked for me
    u'll be able to eat tuna soon anyways

BigAssDeltoids has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    i basically survived on protien shake for the first 3 days...after that i was able to eat solid foods...quick recovery

man they used this iv **** on me it was soo cool....i forget the name of the ****, but as soon as they injected it, everything started to blur and the voices were echoing, and then i passed out in like five seconds and when i woke up, it was over....

JuviJuice8 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JuviJuice8 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JuviJuice8 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JuviJuice8 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JuviJuice8 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JuviJuice8 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JuviJuice8 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JuviJuice8 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JuviJuice8 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JuviJuice8 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JuviJuice8 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    ****! does that **** hurt? Somehow I have FIVE wisdom teeth that i have to get out... I suggest eatin some milkshakes or some protein shakes...now if ever is the time for you to cheat!
    An athlete has to go through hell to get to heaven~Vince Lomardi

Current Weight: 225
    Chest: 47 inches
    Waist: 37 Inches
    Neck: 17 inches
    Arms: 16.5 inches

Goals:
    Weight: 185 pounds
    Waist:32 inches
    Chest: 48 inches
    Body Fat: 12%

cramron is just really nice. (+1000) cramron is just really nice. (+1000) cramron is just really nice. (+1000) cramron is just really nice. (+1000) cramron is just really nice. (+1000) cramron is just really nice. (+1000) cramron is just really nice. (+1000) cramron is just really nice. (+1000) cramron is just really nice. (+1000) cramron is just really nice. (+1000) cramron is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally posted by Jean Schernoff

Thats what I did when I got two of them pulled out. I juiced everything before I would eat it.

u put steroids in your food? how can u do that? i heard that dorian yates would drain his bood into bags and inject growth hormones into it and then inject it back in the next day, but ive never heard of anyone injecting steroids into their foods wow lol(I is dumm)

Jean Schernoff has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hahahaha, yeah I put 1-AD in my food.

LOL!

I meant I ate everything in a liquid form (Ever heard of carrot juice?). I juiced everything through a juicer.

Thats funny.

Christopher has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Christopher has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Christopher has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Christopher has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Christopher has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Christopher has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Christopher has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Christopher has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Christopher has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Christopher has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Christopher has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I hit a major slump when I got my wisdom teeth out, took me a few weeks to get back into things.

I suggest
    shakes
    yoghurt
    custard
    soups

CyberGod has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CyberGod has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CyberGod has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CyberGod has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CyberGod has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CyberGod has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CyberGod has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CyberGod has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CyberGod has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CyberGod has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CyberGod has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I think I forgot to take them out...
    "Everything would have been geared for making my body able to withstand another small dose of iron on the bar for each exercise every week or two, even if it was just a few ounces. " -Stuart McRobert.

damnJeff damnJeff damnJeff damnJeff damnJeff damnJeff damnJeff damnJeff damnJeff damnJeff damnJeff
    Originally posted by BigAssDeltoids
    i basically survived on protien shake for the first 3 days...after that i was able to eat solid foods...quick recovery

man they used this iv **** on me it was soo cool....i forget the name of the ****, but as soon as they injected it, everything started to blur and the voices were echoing, and then i passed out in like five seconds and when i woke up, it was over....

eeee, the anesthesia was cool. i recovered fully in 2 days. I was eating solid food the same day I had my teeth removed. granted that it was bloody from the cavities, i kept it down. i didn't have the luxury of weight gainer shakes and etc. I can't believe that it takes some people a few weeks (ie christopher) to recover. I was out and about in 2 days. the key is not to abuse the painkillers. those will knock you out and make the mealtimes hard to keep. found I need painkillers for a few days after the initial recovery so I could sleep.

it's not a pleasant experience.
    "Sometimes you just feel tired, you feel weak. And when you feel weak you feel like you just wanna give up. But you gotta search within you and try to find that inner strength and just pull that **** out of you and get that motivation to not give up and not be a quitter no matter how bad you just wanna fall flat on your face and collapse." - Eminem

tankus has a spectacular aura about. (+250) tankus has a spectacular aura about. (+250) tankus has a spectacular aura about. (+250) tankus has a spectacular aura about. (+250) tankus has a spectacular aura about. (+250) tankus has a spectacular aura about. (+250) tankus has a spectacular aura about. (+250) tankus has a spectacular aura about. (+250) tankus has a spectacular aura about. (+250) tankus has a spectacular aura about. (+250) tankus has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    cottage cheese..protien shakes..ve never been through the experience myself
    "it would be wicked to be an animal, you would'nt even have to worry about making plans."
    -kevin commerford

teen8ger has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) teen8ger has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) teen8ger has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) teen8ger has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) teen8ger has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) teen8ger has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) teen8ger has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    why do ppl get their wisdom tooth out?

dez/null is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dez/null is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dez/null is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dez/null is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dez/null is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dez/null is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dez/null is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dez/null is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dez/null is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dez/null is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dez/null is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    so they dont wrap around your jaw
    dude ice creams the best
    its numbs the area and tastes great!
    It’s right now. It’s hard, fast, and crisp. I’m not dinking around in there. I’m not a ****ing cream puff. I’m a hammer. I’m a lightning bolt.” (Tom Brands - World & Olympic Champion and Assistant Coach U. of Iowa)

Thorazine is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Thorazine is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Thorazine is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Thorazine is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Thorazine is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Thorazine is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Thorazine is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Thorazine is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Thorazine is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Thorazine is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Thorazine is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    The reason you need to get your wisdom teeth out is because back when we were cavement we have bigger jaws (and heads in general) and as we've evolved, we no longer need these teeth, and these teeth no longer tend to fit in our jawline properly.

Mine were all impacted, so they have to cut open my gums, cut into my jaw bone, and pull them out. That's the most painful/difficult thing.

Anyways, here's an update on my situation.

I bought a weight gainer shake that has 60g protein/20g fat and 150g carbs per serving.

It's a little over 1k calories per serving.

So far I've had:

4 of those shakes
    2 bowls of vegetable soup
    8 eggs (2 sets of 4, scrambled, too me an hour to eat b/c I can't chew and my jaw gets sore from all the swallowing).

That's it today.

I'm trying to limit the amount of drugs I have to take. I have to take an anti-inflammatory, penacilin, and I also have t3's w/ codeine. I'm limiting the latter b/c I don't like being groggy and I want to have an appetite.

Also a word of warning. DO NOT eat or drink 7 hours prior, at least. They'll tell you this, but I said it was bull****. When I got home, I found (and yes, this is funny and gross, but learn from me) that I had like 2 squirts of ass juice leak out of my ass during hte surgery (you lose bowel control). It was nothing huge, but I had a nice liquid **** when I got home.

I think tomorrow i'm going to do this:

Eggs/Protein shake x 1
    Soup/Protein Shake x 4

That's all I really can do. My gums are so swollen I can't close my mouth, lol.

Thorazine

dez/null is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dez/null is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dez/null is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dez/null is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dez/null is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dez/null is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dez/null is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dez/null is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dez/null is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dez/null is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dez/null is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    hurts like a bitch huh thor...i had mine taken out and they hurt!
    It’s right now. It’s hard, fast, and crisp. I’m not dinking around in there. I’m not a ****ing cream puff. I’m a hammer. I’m a lightning bolt.” (Tom Brands - World & Olympic Champion and Assistant Coach U. of Iowa)

mickeys is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mickeys is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mickeys is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mickeys is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mickeys is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mickeys is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mickeys is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mickeys is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mickeys is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mickeys is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mickeys is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    weight gainer, milk shakes, smoothies, pudding, jello, scrambled eggs (if you can)

I think I should be fine, it's just a matter of when the swelling will go down so I can chew some chicken again

My friend had trouble for 2 weeks with his and lost 15lbs...I AM NOT going to let that happen to me

Thorazine

comet has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally posted by cramron
    u put steroids in your food? how can u do that? i heard that dorian yates would drain his bood into bags and inject growth hormones into it and then inject it back in the next day, but ive never heard of anyone injecting steroids into their foods wow lol(I is dumm)
    you fool ... he meant he juiced everything he ate ... with a juicer ...

like, you put a carrot in, and it converts it to carrot juice .... stuff like that ... see ?

cramron is just really nice. (+1000) cramron is just really nice. (+1000) cramron is just really nice. (+1000) cramron is just really nice. (+1000) cramron is just really nice. (+1000) cramron is just really nice. (+1000) cramron is just really nice. (+1000) cramron is just really nice. (+1000) cramron is just really nice. (+1000) cramron is just really nice. (+1000) cramron is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally posted by comet

you fool ... he meant he juiced everything he ate ... with a juicer ...

like, you put a carrot in, and it converts it to carrot juice .... stuff like that ... see ?
    yer the fool!!! if u had any intelligence ud know(just like everyone else) that i was being sarcastic

jaknap has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Many good suggestions out there - try & stick with a liquid/semi-solid diet for a while. It's best not to try eat food that needs to be thoroughly chewed. Also make sure you take (but not abuse) the antibiotic/anti-inflamatory/painkiller you've probably been prescribed & you should be good as new in a couple of days.

I had my 2 lower wisdom teeth removed & made that mistake - wound up opening the stitches closing the incision on one of them. Once opened, very few dentists will reccomend putting in fresh stiches as that would negate whatever healing has already taken place. Not only is that painful when when you eat - you also have to be extra careful to make sure no food gets stuck in the 'hole' left behind in your jaw while it's healing - don't want any more tooth-trouble do we now... ?