saw14 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) saw14 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) saw14 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) saw14 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) saw14 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) saw14 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) saw14 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) saw14 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) saw14 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) saw14 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) saw14 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

best form of hiit

i have a question, what do you consider to be the best and most effective cardio form of HIIT? how fast would you change the speed to and then how slow would you bring it down to?

You are not what you own. dookie1481's Avatar
    dookie1481 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dookie1481 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dookie1481 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dookie1481 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dookie1481 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dookie1481 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dookie1481 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dookie1481 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dookie1481 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dookie1481 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dookie1481 will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Re: best form of hiit

Originally posted by saw14
    i have a question, what do you consider to be the best and most effective cardio form of HIIT? how fast would you change the speed to and then how slow would you bring it down to?
    Just move up as you get better at it. Right now, I do 10s sprint, 1:00min jog. I started at 6 sprints, now I'm up to 10. Next week I'll shorten the jog to 50sec. It's infinitely adaptable, so change how you please.
    "When the only tool you have is a hammer, every problem begins to resemble a nail."
    -Abraham Maslow

"Ass busting work + consistency + time = results.
    Burn that into your head and quit looking for quick fixes and secrets. Because they don't exist."
    -Lyle McDonald

"You can't overwhelm idiots with knowledge, but, sadly, the knowledgable can be overwhelmed by idiots."
    -Charlie Francis

Kane Fan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kane Fan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kane Fan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kane Fan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kane Fan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kane Fan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kane Fan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kane Fan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kane Fan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kane Fan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kane Fan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I think it's best on a bike
    second best is probubly running on a track
    treadmill is my least favorit

Bammy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bammy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bammy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bammy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bammy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bammy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bammy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bammy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bammy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bammy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bammy has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Run on a track. Sprint the straight all out, and jog the curves. Do 6 laps like this, then jog one to cool down. If you bust your ass, like the cops are chasing you or something, its enough.

CD4wG has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    is HIT the same or like HIIT? Please explain

I started doing training like that on the tredmill,,,, I keep 50% heart rate for about 13 minutes, and from there pump up all the way for a minute and a half (the gym tredmill goes to 10 mph). I do that twice until 20-25 minutes is up.

However I think a track is a much better method.
    Well that's my 2 cents atleast.
    http://www.exrx.net/AnimatedEx/ErectorSpinae/BBDeadlift.gif (He's been doing dead lifts for hours by my watch!).

jfgii has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Try the treadmill at full speed and full incline. For the 1st 10 minutes do 30 sec sprint 50 sec jog. For the 2nd 10 minutes try 45 sec sprint & 70 sec jog
    on

Macunaima has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

!

Originally posted by CD4wG
    is HIT the same or like HIIT? Please explain

HIT (High Intensity Training) is a form of low volume weight training purported by Mike Mentzer fans, who think they are the most intelligent people in the sport (okay, HIT jedis, I'm saying this tongue in cheek). Although I do disagree with much of Mentzer's thinking and can point to several flaws in it, this form of training has some merit. It also has some drawbacks. Mentzer did have some importance as a writer though, as he cared to question much of old bodybuilding doctrine which people had been more or less mindlessly following.

Mentzer named his own low volume, high intensity stuff Heavy Duty, btw. Rumours abound he didn't always practice what he preached.

Macunaima has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

!

Arthur Jones and his Nautilus variable resistance machines have probably been just as important to HIT as Mentzer, btw.

Tete is a name known to all. (+5000) Tete is a name known to all. (+5000) Tete is a name known to all. (+5000) Tete is a name known to all. (+5000) Tete is a name known to all. (+5000) Tete is a name known to all. (+5000) Tete is a name known to all. (+5000) Tete is a name known to all. (+5000) Tete is a name known to all. (+5000) Tete is a name known to all. (+5000) Tete is a name known to all. (+5000)

Thumbs up

swimming BY far
    "I want...I can...I will" - toe-pickin' guitar player Tony Melendez

*Misc Entrepreneur Crew* http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=160254601

CD4wG has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally posted by Tete
    swimming BY far
    backstroke for low intesity followed by a turn around and do a racing free-styel.
    Well that's my 2 cents atleast.
    http://www.exrx.net/AnimatedEx/ErectorSpinae/BBDeadlift.gif (He's been doing dead lifts for hours by my watch!).