Gareth has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Gareth has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Gareth has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Gareth has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Gareth has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Gareth has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Gareth has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Gareth has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Gareth has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Gareth has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Gareth has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

My method of weight training

Can someone see any flaws in my weight progression? I seem to be getting stronger but not bigger!

Here's one exercise as an example.

Incline DB Press (120s intervals)
    1 x 45lbs x 10reps (Warmup)
    1 x 90lbs x 8reps
    1 x 95lbs x 8reps
    1 x 95lbs x 6reps (just before failure)

once I can reach 8reps on the final set, I increase all the weights (including warmup by 2.5lbs/side)

and do u reckon this would be better?

Incline DB Press (120s intervals)
    1 x 40lbs x 12reps (Warmup)
    1 x 85lbs x 10reps
    1 x 90lbs x 8reps
    1 x 95lbs x 6reps (just before failure)
    Last edited by Gareth; 04-28-2004 at 01:03 AM.

2 victor goes spoils THe WeapoN's Avatar
    THe WeapoN is a jewel in the rough. (+500) THe WeapoN is a jewel in the rough. (+500) THe WeapoN is a jewel in the rough. (+500) THe WeapoN is a jewel in the rough. (+500) THe WeapoN is a jewel in the rough. (+500) THe WeapoN is a jewel in the rough. (+500) THe WeapoN is a jewel in the rough. (+500) THe WeapoN is a jewel in the rough. (+500) THe WeapoN is a jewel in the rough. (+500) THe WeapoN is a jewel in the rough. (+500) THe WeapoN is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    are you eating anuff
    we aim for one thing, to be perfect, yet we will never be.

THe WeapoN is a jewel in the rough. (+500) THe WeapoN is a jewel in the rough. (+500) THe WeapoN is a jewel in the rough. (+500) THe WeapoN is a jewel in the rough. (+500) THe WeapoN is a jewel in the rough. (+500) THe WeapoN is a jewel in the rough. (+500) THe WeapoN is a jewel in the rough. (+500) THe WeapoN is a jewel in the rough. (+500) THe WeapoN is a jewel in the rough. (+500) THe WeapoN is a jewel in the rough. (+500) THe WeapoN is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    whats the rest of your program like, the part you have written looks pretty solid

Gareth has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Gareth has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Gareth has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Gareth has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Gareth has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Gareth has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Gareth has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Gareth has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Gareth has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Gareth has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Gareth has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally posted by THe WeapoN
    are you eating anuff
    I would assume so. I'm taking in 2 x bw (lbs) of protein and my bf has increased. >3300calories.

I only consume 3000calories on off days so I don't know if thats the fault.

But I don't really lack energy in the gym. I just have a hard time keeping muscle mass.

consume the same amount of your off days also, are you doing any form of cardio?

bukem has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    How long have you been training ?

Natural BB ing takes quite along time, you have to be a little patient.

whats the rest of your program like, the part you have written looks pretty solid
    Monday
    ----------
    Incline DB (8-6reps)
    Flat DB (8-6reps)
    Weighted Dips (10-8reps)
    CG Bench (8-6reps)
    Skullcrushers (10-8reps)
    AB Machine (15reps)
    Rope Crunches (15reps)

Wednesday
    ---------------
    Squats (10-8reps)
    Lever Press (10reps)
    Quad Extensions (12reps)
    Lying Leg Curls (10reps)
    Stiff Deadlifts (8-6reps)
    Calves Standing (10reps)
    Calves Seated (50reps)

Thursday
    -----------
    DB Press (8-6reps)
    Lateral Raises(12-10reps), 2sets
    Upright Rows (10-8reps), 2sets
    Reverse Pec-Deck (12-10reps)
    AB Machine (15reps)
    Rope Crunches (15reps)

Saturday
    -----------
    Deadlifts (8-6reps)
    Wide Pullups (10reps)
    Narrow Pulldowns (8-6reps)
    Seated Overhand Rows (10-8reps)
    DB Curls (10-8reps), 2sets
    Preacher Curls (8-6reps), 2sets
    Hammer Curls (8-6reps), 2sets
    Last edited by Gareth; 04-28-2004 at 01:29 AM.

consume the same amount of your off days also, are you doing any form of cardio?
    Ok. I was performing cardio but for the last month i've been 2 tied down with work to do all 3, work, cardio & bodybuild.

Originally posted by bukem
    How long have you been training ?

Natural BB ing takes quite along time, you have to be a little patient.
    Now close to 2 years.

However I started off wrong and most of my mass really came start of this year onwards.

I started off @ 143lbs in June of 2002 and today I'm 175lbs @ 11% BF.

My goals for this year are 185lbs @ 8%.
    Last edited by Gareth; 04-28-2004 at 01:27 AM.

bukem has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Gareth, Your pogramme, diet and progress look really good you might want to try some drop sets or super sets etc for some variety. I think your problem might lie with the perception you have of yourself. Muscle fibres grow minutely over a period of months and you don't really notice any difference in yourself. Start a journal, and take pictures of your progress at regular intervals with measurments, bf%, your routine and diet etc, so you have something to compare to. The vision you have of yourself at 185lb will still be there when you reach 185 but the poundedge will be different, and you will still wonder why you don't look as big as you want to be. Only true gains can be calculated through measurements, wieght and bf%, and not your own eyes.

Civilized has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Civilized has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Civilized has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Civilized has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Civilized has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Civilized has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Civilized has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Civilized has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Civilized has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Civilized has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Civilized has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    yep your routine/diet look solid .....keep the same diet throughout the week....be patient and have confidence in yourself

Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz
    I've recently hit a plateau... Or at least I feel it's a plateau... When I look in the mirror I'm proud of what I've done from where I started almost 6 months ago... But I wish I would have made a lot more progress so far...

The people I hang around with say they barely notice a difference...

Then this last weekend an old friend I haven't seen in 7-8 months came over, and her exact words were "Holy Crap Man, you're lookin good... You been workin' out?"

However if you feel like you truly are physically stuck, and you've tried switching up your routine, with little-to-no-results... I just switched from doing traditional split training to HST... And even though it's only been a week, I can feel the plateau I was stuck on starting to tear at the seams.

But that's just me, and I'm no guru....

Nainoa
    6'4"

"There are only two mistakes one can make along the road to truth: not going all the way, and not starting." The Buddha