Quarterbum has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Cardio for leg workout when losing weight?

Currently im just doing cardio 5-7 times a week and it makes it hard to work my legs. I already have a pretty solid base for my legs from when i was pitching and working them out hardcore, so if i didn't do any leg exercises and just did cardio would i be ok? I plan on doing them as soon as i drop my body fat down a bit...like a month or two from now.

Quantum_Man is just really nice. (+1000) Quantum_Man is just really nice. (+1000) Quantum_Man is just really nice. (+1000) Quantum_Man is just really nice. (+1000) Quantum_Man is just really nice. (+1000) Quantum_Man is just really nice. (+1000) Quantum_Man is just really nice. (+1000) Quantum_Man is just really nice. (+1000) Quantum_Man is just really nice. (+1000) Quantum_Man is just really nice. (+1000) Quantum_Man is just really nice. (+1000)
    If you want muscular legs, doing cardio even that much won't get you there. You will have to push the weights around to develop the muscle in your legs. Otherwise you'll just have good endurance muscle from the cardio.

Quarterbum has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    oh i know that, im just saying that doing leg work means i can't do any cardio and right now im mostly trying to lose weight, so i cut it out of my weight lifting program

Chasedog will become famous soon enough. (+50) Chasedog will become famous soon enough. (+50) Chasedog will become famous soon enough. (+50) Chasedog will become famous soon enough. (+50) Chasedog will become famous soon enough. (+50) Chasedog will become famous soon enough. (+50) Chasedog will become famous soon enough. (+50) Chasedog will become famous soon enough. (+50) Chasedog will become famous soon enough. (+50) Chasedog will become famous soon enough. (+50) Chasedog will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Skip one of your cardio workouts and do legs. The effect on your body is more dramatic than you'll get from a cardio workout.

Steve Tijpels has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Yo Quarterbum,

I do about 4 cardio sessions a week on a treadmill. To add an edge, and mostly to work my legs as hard as possible, I incline the treadmill for about 5%. Bit like running up a soft slope. And you can bet I feel it in my legs after half an hour. Your speed will slow down, but that's just a detail, pumping your heart and boosting your metabolism is all that counts in cardio. If you don't do it on a treadmill, but outside, try adding some stairs or hills in your running. Check the area, you'll find some challenges.

I've also read somewhere that you can run backwards or sideways on a treadmill, but I've never done it. It should work resp. your hams+gluts and inner thighs better. But the fear of falling of the treadmill and looking like a complete fool has prevented me from trying it.

And if I were you, I'ld add some more exercises for my legs. Always focus a little more on your weakest points, even if it is just adding an extra set.

jino is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jino is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jino is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jino is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jino is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jino is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jino is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jino is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jino is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jino is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jino is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Cardio should never substitute resistant training. If you're objective is to gain or maintain mass, you need to lift and that's the end of it. Neglecting your legs may only cause them to atrophy soon despite the cardio. If you can't handle leg training, you could do 3 sets of squats and deadlifts a week to get you through.