al1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) al1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) al1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) al1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) al1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) al1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Problem with chest workout - please help

I did my chest/triceps workout today and decided to start off with barbell bench press instead of my normal dumbells. I found that I lifted less with the barbell than I normally do with the dumbells. Surely it should be the other way round? Am I doing something wrong here?

Also, when I get to my triceps exercises, I find my triceps are so exhausted after doing the chest exercises, that I have to use very light weight on exercises like cgb and skull crushers. Is there any point in me doing direct triceps exercises if my triceps are already fatigued? I did read somewhere that people with arms less that 15 inches shouldn't do direct arm work.

invast has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Barbell bench and dumbbell bench weights aren't really connected. Just keep working at it and the weight will go up.

Quantum_Man is just really nice. (+1000) Quantum_Man is just really nice. (+1000) Quantum_Man is just really nice. (+1000) Quantum_Man is just really nice. (+1000) Quantum_Man is just really nice. (+1000) Quantum_Man is just really nice. (+1000) Quantum_Man is just really nice. (+1000) Quantum_Man is just really nice. (+1000) Quantum_Man is just really nice. (+1000) Quantum_Man is just really nice. (+1000) Quantum_Man is just really nice. (+1000)
    There is no direct correlation to the amount of weight you can press up with either a bb or a db for bench press. I don't think anything is wrong, just maybe you're not used to using a bb for bench presses? But it is good to switch it up every now and then to shock the muscle and make it grow/get stronger.

I find I can do a decent tricep workout right after doing chest, but that's just me. And since I worked my tri's hard doing chest, I'll just do CG bench press and skull crushers. A lot of people though just do arms on a separate day and there's nothing wrong with doing that.

Also that thing about not directly working your arms unless they're >15" is garbage.

Mikey1 is just really nice. (+1000) Mikey1 is just really nice. (+1000) Mikey1 is just really nice. (+1000) Mikey1 is just really nice. (+1000) Mikey1 is just really nice. (+1000) Mikey1 is just really nice. (+1000) Mikey1 is just really nice. (+1000) Mikey1 is just really nice. (+1000) Mikey1 is just really nice. (+1000) Mikey1 is just really nice. (+1000) Mikey1 is just really nice. (+1000)

Re: Problem with chest workout - please help

Originally posted by al1
    Is there any point in me doing direct triceps exercises if my triceps are already fatigued
    NO....why would you continue to train a muscle thats already fully exhausted?