Thread: cable crunches

case226 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

cable crunches

are heavy cable crunches any good for getting toned abs or will it cause the abs to get too bulky?
    cheers

Toffee Nose has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Toffee Nose has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Toffee Nose has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Toffee Nose has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Toffee Nose has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Toffee Nose has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Toffee Nose has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Toffee Nose has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Toffee Nose has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Toffee Nose has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Toffee Nose has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    you can only get 'toned' abs by lowering bf...

case226 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    yeah i know but if i have a low body body fat and do cable crunches will they look the same as doing body weight crunches but develop quicker or will they get too bulky looking

Delgadido is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Delgadido is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Delgadido is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Delgadido is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Delgadido is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Delgadido is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Delgadido is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Delgadido is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Delgadido is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Delgadido is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Delgadido is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by case226 View Post
    yeah i know but if i have a low body body fat and do cable crunches will they look the same as doing body weight crunches but develop quicker or will they get too bulky looking
    i think core shouldnt ever be size developed. only strength. i think 2 minutes rest should be good. do high reps.

take this! HAAAAATERS! johno_66's Avatar
    johno_66 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) johno_66 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) johno_66 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) johno_66 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) johno_66 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) johno_66 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) johno_66 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) johno_66 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) johno_66 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) johno_66 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) johno_66 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by Delgadido View Post
    i think core shouldnt ever be size developed. only strength. i think 2 minutes rest should be good. do high reps.
    Erm - WHY?

Cable crunches are fine, its not like your gona do them and you suddenly get massive bulky abs. You will see faster results from doing weighted ab work.

I do this:

- 3 sets for 25 crunches - Squeze hard on each rep.
    - 2 sets of cable crunches
    - Leg raises untill failure x2

I do this monday, wednesday and friday, but on the friday i swap the crunches for 3 sets of of weighted crunches, i aim for 12-15 reps for these.

STEP INTO THE DEMONS LAIR trivium9's Avatar
    trivium9 is on a distinguished road. (+10) trivium9 is on a distinguished road. (+10) trivium9 is on a distinguished road. (+10) trivium9 is on a distinguished road. (+10) trivium9 is on a distinguished road. (+10) trivium9 is on a distinguished road. (+10) trivium9 is on a distinguished road. (+10) trivium9 is on a distinguished road. (+10) trivium9 is on a distinguished road. (+10) trivium9 is on a distinguished road. (+10) trivium9 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Delgadido View Post
    You contradict yourself. You believe that you should train the core for strength but only use high reps. Using low reps will build more strength.

The abs are muscle. Train them the same way you are training the rest of your body. Wieghted exercises are the best way to develop and strengthen the abdominals.

Chris_1990 is a name known to all. (+5000) Chris_1990 is a name known to all. (+5000) Chris_1990 is a name known to all. (+5000) Chris_1990 is a name known to all. (+5000) Chris_1990 is a name known to all. (+5000) Chris_1990 is a name known to all. (+5000) Chris_1990 is a name known to all. (+5000) Chris_1990 is a name known to all. (+5000) Chris_1990 is a name known to all. (+5000) Chris_1990 is a name known to all. (+5000) Chris_1990 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    To answer the OP's question...heavy cable crunches will do wonders for toning the abs as opposed to low-weight high-rep training.

Here's what I do for abs:
    Weighted crunches (3 sets of 8-10 reps)
    Weighted leg raises(also 3 sets)
    Stomach vacuums...these work wonders, try them.

Registered (ab)user dillingerescp's Avatar
    dillingerescp has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dillingerescp has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dillingerescp has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dillingerescp has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dillingerescp has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dillingerescp has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dillingerescp has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dillingerescp has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dillingerescp has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dillingerescp has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dillingerescp has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by case226 View Post
    are heavy cable crunches any good for getting toned abs or will it cause the abs to get too bulky?
    cheers
    *sigh*
    If only it was so easy to get bulky.

If you stick to a workout routine with weighted exercises on the abs, eventually they will become bigger and more bulky.

too bulky ?? Does that exist ?
    "Friends come and go, but 200 pounds will always be 200 pounds."