Shut The F Up And Lift. justinbrown's Avatar
    justinbrown will become famous soon enough. (+50) justinbrown will become famous soon enough. (+50) justinbrown will become famous soon enough. (+50) justinbrown will become famous soon enough. (+50) justinbrown will become famous soon enough. (+50) justinbrown will become famous soon enough. (+50) justinbrown will become famous soon enough. (+50) justinbrown will become famous soon enough. (+50) justinbrown will become famous soon enough. (+50) justinbrown will become famous soon enough. (+50) justinbrown will become famous soon enough. (+50)

How Often Should I Have A High Carb Day?

title says it all folks

im currently cutting...im 185 at 10% BF

if you need any more/different info...dont hesitate to ask
    "As you know bb'ing takes time, so even though you thought your 60 lbs would be as big as you'd get, now that your there, you realise you can do more. Its a good thing. It keeps you progressing and getting better. Be proud of how far you've come, and from that, be motivated about how much further you can go."
    ~mikeccccc

gfundaro is just really nice. (+1000) gfundaro is just really nice. (+1000) gfundaro is just really nice. (+1000) gfundaro is just really nice. (+1000) gfundaro is just really nice. (+1000) gfundaro is just really nice. (+1000) gfundaro is just really nice. (+1000) gfundaro is just really nice. (+1000) gfundaro is just really nice. (+1000) gfundaro is just really nice. (+1000) gfundaro is just really nice. (+1000)
    If you're doing CKD, carbup every 1 or 2 weeks. I do it every 2 weeks on a cut, but some people can do it more often, it's really a personal thing.

justinbrown will become famous soon enough. (+50) justinbrown will become famous soon enough. (+50) justinbrown will become famous soon enough. (+50) justinbrown will become famous soon enough. (+50) justinbrown will become famous soon enough. (+50) justinbrown will become famous soon enough. (+50) justinbrown will become famous soon enough. (+50) justinbrown will become famous soon enough. (+50) justinbrown will become famous soon enough. (+50) justinbrown will become famous soon enough. (+50) justinbrown will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    ahhh ok...so if i tend to hold water easily due to carbs i should just go for every 2 weeks?

because as far as fat gain from carbs goes...im pretty good
    Last edited by justinbrown; 05-06-2007 at 05:48 PM.
    "As you know bb'ing takes time, so even though you thought your 60 lbs would be as big as you'd get, now that your there, you realise you can do more. Its a good thing. It keeps you progressing and getting better. Be proud of how far you've come, and from that, be motivated about how much further you can go."
    ~mikeccccc

gfundaro is just really nice. (+1000) gfundaro is just really nice. (+1000) gfundaro is just really nice. (+1000) gfundaro is just really nice. (+1000) gfundaro is just really nice. (+1000) gfundaro is just really nice. (+1000) gfundaro is just really nice. (+1000) gfundaro is just really nice. (+1000) gfundaro is just really nice. (+1000) gfundaro is just really nice. (+1000) gfundaro is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by justinbrown View Post
    ahhh ok...so if i tend to hold water easily due to carbs i should just go for every 2 weeks?

Well the carbs will restore the glycogen to your muscles, and water is pulled into your muscles as well. If you can get through two weeks of workouts, then carb up every 2 weeks. If that doesn't work, do it every week. Just keep track of your gains/losses. The water weight and glycogen will be gone in a couple days after you carb up.

Originally Posted by gfundaro View Post
    Well the carbs will restore the glycogen to your muscles, and water is pulled into your muscles as well. If you can get through two weeks of workouts, then carb up every 2 weeks. If that doesn't work, do it every week. Just keep track of your gains/losses. The water weight and glycogen will be gone in a couple days after you carb up.
    thanks for the info!
    ~mikeccccc

intermittent fasting .ridiculous's Avatar
    .ridiculous is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) .ridiculous is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) .ridiculous is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) .ridiculous is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) .ridiculous is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) .ridiculous is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) .ridiculous is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) .ridiculous is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) .ridiculous is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) .ridiculous is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) .ridiculous is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by gfundaro View Post
    If you're doing CKD, carbup every 1 or 2 weeks. I do it every 2 weeks on a cut, but some people can do it more often, it's really a personal thing.
    So what do you eat on the non carb up weekend?

ronz0r has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ronz0r has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ronz0r has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ronz0r has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ronz0r has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ronz0r has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ronz0r has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ronz0r has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ronz0r has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ronz0r has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ronz0r has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I had done one a week for the first 10 weeks of my keto trip. I've adjusted to eating keto so well that I'm going to try for 2 weeks now. I want the accelerated fat loss.

Its a personal thing...if you are dragging in the gym it wouldnt be a bad idea to go once a week. If you can go 2 weeks without it...thats good too.
    Obtaining knowledge is half the battle, knowing how to apply said knowledge is the other half. Executing is the simplest part of success when you have a plan based on sensible well informed choices.

Teacher77 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Teacher77 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Teacher77 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Teacher77 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Teacher77 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Teacher77 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Teacher77 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Teacher77 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Teacher77 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Teacher77 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Teacher77 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by justinbrown View Post

Before tweeking your carbup frequency, i'd sure TRY it first with weekly carbups. After sticking to that recommended frequency for a while, you can adjust.

A sure thing though : holding water won't stop you from burning fat so i wouln't take that into account. Factors are more the following :
    - how is your strenght in the gym ? If you feel faint after a week, then you need to carbup.
    - how is your psychological adherence to the diet ? Spacing carbups too much caused binging during keto days, in my case.
    - Lenght of the carbups is important too. If you have 6 hour carbups, maybe you should have them more often than if they last 2 full days.
    - how long have you been on keto ? The longer your experience, the more carbs it seems to take each time because your body gets more and more fat adapted.

Personnaly, i carbup for 30 hours every week, but i try to stick to 3-3.5g of carbs per lb of LBM. Also, I only cut the calories by 200 on the 5 other days. That's how i got the best results.

Yes, you understood : my weight goes down faster with carbs each week and just a slight cut in calories on keto days than with carbs each 10 or 14 days and less calories on keto days. It i cut too much, it seems my metabolism slows down to adapt in a rather quick manner.

ahhhh ok thanks

i got what i needed

thank you all!
    ~mikeccccc