Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Ali_Z is just really nice. (+1000) Ali_Z is just really nice. (+1000) Ali_Z is just really nice. (+1000) Ali_Z is just really nice. (+1000) Ali_Z is just really nice. (+1000) Ali_Z is just really nice. (+1000) Ali_Z is just really nice. (+1000) Ali_Z is just really nice. (+1000) Ali_Z is just really nice. (+1000) Ali_Z is just really nice. (+1000) Ali_Z is just really nice. (+1000)

I'm eating 5500+ Calories a day and am losing Weight (Need help)

All right so I started a thread the other day which confirmed that I was eating 5500+ calories a day. My diet is as such:

7:00AM : 12 eggs (whole) w/ two peices of whole grain toast
    9:00AM : 2 scoops Dynamitze Elite Whey Protein w/ 1 cup steel cut oats
    11:00AM: 1 can of tuna
    1:00PM : 1 can tuna
    3:00PM : 2 scoops Dynamitze Elite Whey Protein w/ 1 cup steel cut oats
    5:00PM : 14oz Whole Wheat Spaghetti w/ 1 lb ground beef & tomato paste
    8:00PM : 2 scoops Dynamitze Elite Whey Protein w/ 1 cup steel cut oats

(Diet on workout day is similar except I eat brown rice with my tuna.)

Today I weighed myself and I found that I had dropped from 161 to 157 lbs. I can not understand what the problem is. Should I eat more still? If so, how? I go to school and it is very difficult to sneak in my current meal plan.

Any ideas?

djansen has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) djansen has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) djansen has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) djansen has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) djansen has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) djansen has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) djansen has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) djansen has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) djansen has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) djansen has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) djansen has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Eat more and see what happens, pretty simple.
    “You never won’t know what you can’t achieve until you don’t achieve it.”

Sixpack has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sixpack has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sixpack has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sixpack has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sixpack has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sixpack has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sixpack has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sixpack has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sixpack has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sixpack has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sixpack has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    U need more food in meal 11 and 1, carbs and fat or at least some healthy fats, almonds, natural PB etc
    Official Champion Performance Forum Rep
    www.championperformance.com
    @teamchampion
    20%off all Champion products in November!

"Tough Times Don't Last, But Tough People Do"
    POPS 12-17-89
    "IN GOD WE TRUST"

heyzeus909 is just really nice. (+1000) heyzeus909 is just really nice. (+1000) heyzeus909 is just really nice. (+1000) heyzeus909 is just really nice. (+1000) heyzeus909 is just really nice. (+1000) heyzeus909 is just really nice. (+1000) heyzeus909 is just really nice. (+1000) heyzeus909 is just really nice. (+1000) heyzeus909 is just really nice. (+1000) heyzeus909 is just really nice. (+1000) heyzeus909 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Unless that's a 2500 calorie plate of spaghetti, I don't think you're getting 5500+ calories.

I could be wrong though...wouldn't be the first time.
    No supplement has the power that is greater than the power of eatin' clean and liftin' hard.

Quelly is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Quelly is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Quelly is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Quelly is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Quelly is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Quelly is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Quelly is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Quelly is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Quelly is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Quelly is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Quelly is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    12 eggs=840 cals
    3 cups steel cut (thats what your missing moutain man) oats= 1800 cals
    6 scoops dymatize=672 cals
    2 slices whole wheat toast=220 cals
    2 cans of tuna=550 cals

total w/o pasta dish=4082 cals

....the mans eating

well....sorry bud...this is how I had to do it too....EAT MORE...no matter how much you are eating...if you arent growing....eat more

SEAman First Class skinnyboipgh's Avatar
    skinnyboipgh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) skinnyboipgh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) skinnyboipgh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) skinnyboipgh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) skinnyboipgh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) skinnyboipgh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) skinnyboipgh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) skinnyboipgh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) skinnyboipgh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) skinnyboipgh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) skinnyboipgh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Smile It could b that high IMO . . .

Originally Posted by heyzeus909 View Post
    Unless that's a 2500 calorie plate of spaghetti, I don't think you're getting 5500+ calories.

I could be wrong though...wouldn't be the first time.
    Remember man, that ain't no ordinary plate of spaghetti, more like a big platter!!

I figure it this way (using www.fitday.com data), basically it's an amount of spaghetti & meat sauce that would normally feed 4 ppl::

1 lb lean ground beef (cooked) = 1223 cal
    8 oz whole wheat pasta (dry) = 793 cal
    2 cup tomato sauce = 430 cal

total calories = 2447
    Best Regards,

Ed

To the optimist, the glass is half full . . .
    To the pessimist, the glass is half empty . . .
    To the engineer, the glass is twice as big as it needs to be.

Journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?p=336405441#post336405441
    Helpful or encouraging posters in my journal get repped.

Wherever I go, there I am tuberacer49's Avatar
    tuberacer49 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) tuberacer49 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) tuberacer49 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) tuberacer49 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) tuberacer49 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) tuberacer49 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) tuberacer49 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) tuberacer49 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) tuberacer49 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) tuberacer49 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) tuberacer49 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    How the hell is this even possible, even for an ectomorph? Jezuz, that's a lot of effing food. It's as much as I'd take in during one of my full out binge days. I would say that you're a hopeless case - unless you do a straight-out dirty bulk to really pack in those calories. Still.... DAMN.

Registered User mister incredib's Avatar
    mister incredib has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mister incredib has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mister incredib has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mister incredib has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mister incredib has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mister incredib has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mister incredib has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Eat more. I sure as hell wish I could do that. Money would be the only factor, as well as the fact that, were there ever a famine, you'd be first to go.

Ibballard will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ibballard will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ibballard will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ibballard will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ibballard will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ibballard will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ibballard will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ibballard will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ibballard will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ibballard will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ibballard will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I definitely feel you on this one. I've got a crazy metabolism and also work out a lot, including endurance sports training, which means that I have to work hard to just lose fat and not cut too much into muscle when cutting, and even harder when bulking. 6000-6500 is my typical bulking, and I try not to drop below 5000-5500 when cutting. I know how hard it can be to get in the calories and there are two pieces of advice I can offer.

1. Drink vast quantities of water. Most people think I'm lying when I say I drink 4-6 gallons of water a day, and I'm not saying jump straight to this as it can potentially be dangerous (or just annoying to pee all the time), but given the amount of calories you're taking in you can probably do this without flushing your electrolytes out. Just space the water out over the day. What this does is stretch out your stomach so that downing huge quantities of food isn't a problem.

2. Up the fats. Your diet is very healthy, but you can certainly afford to throw some healthy fats in there. My personal favorite is peanut butter. Throwing 2-3 tablespoons into a cup of oats not only jumps the calories by a couple hundred, it's also friggin delicious.

Hope this helps. Best of luck!
    I swear by my life and my love of it that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine.

Our only limitations are the ones we accept.

Seeing how much I can increase strength, endurance, and athletic performance while maintaining approximately 190 lbs and single digit bf.

Ali_Z is just really nice. (+1000) Ali_Z is just really nice. (+1000) Ali_Z is just really nice. (+1000) Ali_Z is just really nice. (+1000) Ali_Z is just really nice. (+1000) Ali_Z is just really nice. (+1000) Ali_Z is just really nice. (+1000) Ali_Z is just really nice. (+1000) Ali_Z is just really nice. (+1000) Ali_Z is just really nice. (+1000) Ali_Z is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Ibballard View Post
    I definitely feel you on this one. I've got a crazy metabolism and also work out a lot, including endurance sports training, which means that I have to work hard to just lose fat and not cut too much into muscle when cutting, and even harder when bulking. 6000-6500 is my typical bulking, and I try not to drop below 5000-5500 when cutting. I know how hard it can be to get in the calories and there are two pieces of advice I can offer.

1. Drink vast quantities of water. Most people think I'm lying when I say I drink 4-6 gallons of water a day, and I'm not saying jump straight to this as it can potentially be dangerous (or just annoying to pee all the time), but given the amount of calories you're taking in you can probably do this without flushing your electrolytes out. Just space the water out over the day. What this does is stretch out your stomach so that downing huge quantities of food isn't a problem.

2. Up the fats. Your diet is very healthy, but you can certainly afford to throw some healthy fats in there. My personal favorite is peanut butter. Throwing 2-3 tablespoons into a cup of oats not only jumps the calories by a couple hundred, it's also friggin delicious.

Hope this helps. Best of luck!
    I suppose I can get some weight gainer shakes and take those inbetween my meals at school. I do not think I would be able to drink 4-6 gallons of water a day. Reason being, I already get tons of strange looks about my food bag and 1 gallon jug. Plus, my teachers are starting to get pissed about my bathroom breaks.

I am actually thinking about steroids now, since I do not think it will be possible to eat like this when I get a job or go to University.

NeedToBeBig is on a distinguished road. (+10) NeedToBeBig is on a distinguished road. (+10) NeedToBeBig is on a distinguished road. (+10) NeedToBeBig is on a distinguished road. (+10) NeedToBeBig is on a distinguished road. (+10) NeedToBeBig is on a distinguished road. (+10) NeedToBeBig is on a distinguished road. (+10) NeedToBeBig is on a distinguished road. (+10) NeedToBeBig is on a distinguished road. (+10) NeedToBeBig is on a distinguished road. (+10) NeedToBeBig is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Hey man, maybe you have a tapeworm! you should get it checked out, I hear those things can really rob you of all kinds of calories...
    ><((*>|----------------------[]-|<*))><
    ``````Cut............................Bulk``````

11-05-2007 --- 193.5pds. ~12%bf

GOAL -

01-01-2008 --- BIG

MOTIVATED - DEDICATED

Ibballard will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ibballard will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ibballard will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ibballard will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ibballard will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ibballard will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ibballard will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ibballard will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ibballard will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ibballard will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ibballard will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Steroids? Uh... no. For about 100 different reasons.

The weight gainer shakes could probably help. And seriously, consider the peanut butter. Just keep upping it until you stop losing weight. If you get to an entire jar a day and are still dropping weight, go see a doctor, because you're about to die.
    I swear by my life and my love of it that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine.

Our only limitations are the ones we accept.

Seeing how much I can increase strength, endurance, and athletic performance while maintaining approximately 190 lbs and single digit bf.

Originally Posted by Ibballard View Post
    Steroids? Uh... no. For about 100 different reasons.

The weight gainer shakes could probably help. And seriously, consider the peanut butter. Just keep upping it until you stop losing weight. If you get to an entire jar a day and are still dropping weight, go see a doctor, because you're about to die.
    All right, thanks.

xamadeix has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xamadeix has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xamadeix has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xamadeix has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xamadeix has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xamadeix has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xamadeix has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xamadeix has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xamadeix has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xamadeix has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xamadeix has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    How about sneaking in a couple of big macs? jeez man 5000 cals and losing!?

Aindreas is just really nice. (+1000) Aindreas is just really nice. (+1000) Aindreas is just really nice. (+1000) Aindreas is just really nice. (+1000) Aindreas is just really nice. (+1000) Aindreas is just really nice. (+1000) Aindreas is just really nice. (+1000) Aindreas is just really nice. (+1000) Aindreas is just really nice. (+1000) Aindreas is just really nice. (+1000) Aindreas is just really nice. (+1000)
    5000 cals is pretty ridiculous. You may have some kind of malabsorption problem. I mean, there are people with fast metabolisms out there, but someone who weighs 157 and requires over 5000 calories a day is extremely out of the ordinary.

xamadeix has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xamadeix has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xamadeix has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xamadeix has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xamadeix has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xamadeix has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xamadeix has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xamadeix has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xamadeix has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xamadeix has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xamadeix has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Aindreas View Post
    5000 cals is pretty ridiculous. You may have some kind of malabsorption problem. I mean, there are people with fast metabolisms out there, but someone who weighs 157 and requires over 5000 calories a day is extremely out of the ordinary.
    x2..unless he's burning over 2000 calories a day.

Originally Posted by Aindreas View Post
    I'm going to go visit my doctor and see what is going on then, whether it is a parasite or some other problem.

heyzeus909 is just really nice. (+1000) heyzeus909 is just really nice. (+1000) heyzeus909 is just really nice. (+1000) heyzeus909 is just really nice. (+1000) heyzeus909 is just really nice. (+1000) heyzeus909 is just really nice. (+1000) heyzeus909 is just really nice. (+1000) heyzeus909 is just really nice. (+1000) heyzeus909 is just really nice. (+1000) heyzeus909 is just really nice. (+1000) heyzeus909 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Quelly View Post
    12 eggs=840 cals
    3 cups steel cut (thats what your missing moutain man) oats= 1800 cals
    6 scoops dymatize=672 cals
    2 slices whole wheat toast=220 cals
    2 cans of tuna=550 cals

total w/o pasta dish=4082 cals
    Yep, that's the part I was missing. My bad. Thanks...

My question for the OP then is, how the hell did you get to be 161 to begin with if you're losing weight on 5500+ calories a day? I mean, how much were you eating before?

Holy crap.
    No supplement has the power that is greater than the power of eatin' clean and liftin' hard.

My question for the OP then is, how the hell did you get to be 161 to begin with if you're losing weight on 5500+ calories a day? I mean, how much were you eating before?
    ^^ lollersk8s

can't see my feet (bulk) c-diddy's Avatar
    c-diddy is on a distinguished road. (+10) c-diddy is on a distinguished road. (+10) c-diddy is on a distinguished road. (+10) c-diddy is on a distinguished road. (+10) c-diddy is on a distinguished road. (+10) c-diddy is on a distinguished road. (+10) c-diddy is on a distinguished road. (+10) c-diddy is on a distinguished road. (+10) c-diddy is on a distinguished road. (+10) c-diddy is on a distinguished road. (+10) c-diddy is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    what kind of cardio are you doing? usually when people are eating that much and still losing weight or not gaining weight they're also running for an hour on the threadmill or playing basketball for several hours.

Yep, that's the part I was missing. My bad. Thanks...

Holy crap.
    I started gaining weight 3 months ago when I weighed around 140. I was eating 3000 calories for a month, then bumped it up to 3500 for the second month and now I am at 5500+ calories at 161.

My dad just told me that my cousin is the same way. He can eat 4 plates of rice before he sleeps and still not gain any weight. I hope I do not have this problem since if I do I will probably have to spend a fortune on food amd spend all of my time eating it.

Originally Posted by c-diddy View Post
    what kind of cardio are you doing? usually when people are eating that much and still losing weight or not gaining weight they're also running for an hour on the threadmill or playing basketball for several hours.
    I walk about a mile almost every day. I have no choice but to do this. After I do the walk I eat my pasta meal.

vipergq is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) vipergq is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) vipergq is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) vipergq is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) vipergq is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) vipergq is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) vipergq is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) vipergq is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) vipergq is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) vipergq is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) vipergq is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I honestly don't see how that is possible.

I think you may have a tapeworm.

I used to eat 5500 calories a day as well just to maintain 169lbs, but I was doing cardio and doing intense training for about 3-5 hours a day...

I would seriously look into the tapeworm issue if you continue to not gain weight on 5500 calories. nobody has that type of metabolism.

fratboi850 is on a distinguished road. (+10) fratboi850 is on a distinguished road. (+10) fratboi850 is on a distinguished road. (+10) fratboi850 is on a distinguished road. (+10) fratboi850 is on a distinguished road. (+10) fratboi850 is on a distinguished road. (+10) fratboi850 is on a distinguished road. (+10) fratboi850 is on a distinguished road. (+10) fratboi850 is on a distinguished road. (+10) fratboi850 is on a distinguished road. (+10) fratboi850 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by vipergq View Post
    I honestly don't see how that is possible.

I think you may have a tapeworm.
    Damn you beat me to it. If its not that then youre just severly overestimating how much you eat... I do it too sometimes.
    People who use the term "FTW" deserve to get their ass kicked.

Okay, well I finally got my blood test results and everything checks out all right for the most part. The problem that I have, which I expected, was that my total Thyroxine is 4.74 where 5.3-11.5 is the reference range. My T7 (FTI) is 4.56 with a reference range of 4.93-13.1.

Do I possibly have a thyroid problem which is affecting my weight gain?

If so what can/ should I do?

Mike83 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mike83 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mike83 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mike83 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mike83 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mike83 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mike83 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mike83 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mike83 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mike83 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mike83 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    that doesnt seem too high?
    Motivation/Dedication/Time=Results

-"Command And Conquer" -

matthor is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) matthor is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) matthor is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) matthor is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) matthor is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) matthor is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) matthor is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) matthor is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) matthor is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) matthor is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) matthor is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    hahaha am I the only one not seeing a problem? Sounds more like a dream than an issue to me with my slow ass metabolism and bulk on 3000kcal w/ ridiculous exercise. Wanna swap lol?
    "There's levels of retardation most people don't even know about"

- Matt's Journal
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?p=84812603#post84812603

"Solid session after all that alcohol intoxication" - Kruczynski

Metabolism>Speed of Light xl Achilles lx's Avatar
    xl Achilles lx is a jewel in the rough. (+500) xl Achilles lx is a jewel in the rough. (+500) xl Achilles lx is a jewel in the rough. (+500) xl Achilles lx is a jewel in the rough. (+500) xl Achilles lx is a jewel in the rough. (+500) xl Achilles lx is a jewel in the rough. (+500) xl Achilles lx is a jewel in the rough. (+500) xl Achilles lx is a jewel in the rough. (+500) xl Achilles lx is a jewel in the rough. (+500) xl Achilles lx is a jewel in the rough. (+500) xl Achilles lx is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    My grandfather had an extremely over-active thyroid gland. No joke, when he was in highschool, he was eating thousands upon thousands of calories each day just to maintain what he had. It got so bad he had to start having a doctors note halfway through his junior year so that he may be excused from school early so that he may go home and eat. This obviously was getting serious, and he eventually had to have surgery on his thyroid (I don't know exactly what happened or what he got removed/altered, but I could ask for you)

Point is, before he passed away I was able to have a small convo about it with him, and he said all he really COULD do was eat to keep whatever bodyweight he had on him. (He was 135 lbs soaking wet)

Bandini has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bandini has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bandini has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bandini has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bandini has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bandini has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bandini has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bandini has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bandini has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bandini has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bandini has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I think centering 3 of your meals around Dymatize protein might be part of the problem. Your body probably is not absorbing this subpar powder. Do you have a lot of gas or other digestive problems?
    I would suggest replacing these Protein powder meals with real solid food (cottage cheese, or natural peanut butter, plain whole fat yogurt, etc.). Also switch Dymatize with a real Whey Isolate product that your body will absorb better, and mix it with cream or raw egg yolks to pack on some size.

The Solution has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    prob incorporate more chicken, turkey , lean beef, shrimp instead of they liquid whey.. thats probably the best advice i can give u..

give me ur damn metabolism..

and do u cheat often on ur diet?

i dont cheat on mine at all thats prob y i dont get gains..e ven tho i eat extremely clean