rob890 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Fat around the lower abs that i just can't get off

To put things in perspective: I'm 16 and at school, and what i want to do is transform my body. I havn't got alot of fat on me.
    I live on the school campus (monday to saturday) and so i have acess to a full gym, with pretty much most of the equipment.

However, my problem is diet. I eat all my meals at school(compulsary); and the food they provide is just awful. I'm not just talking about taste i'm talking about nutrition. There is hardly any protien, and almost everything is coocked in large amounts of fat. There are salads on offer but no cold meats. You look at the food and all you see are carbs.

At the moment i don't use any suppliments what so ever.

I want to loose all my fat before i start bulking up. I want to build muscle, and tone up, but feel i need to loose my fat first.

My problem: i've got fat around my lower abs and sort of small love handles that i just can't get rid of. (there is hardly any fat on the rest of my body) I do cardio(mainly running, very rarely do i do anything else) every night except sundays and alot of situps. I've been doing this for about 3 weeks and have seen no change. I just can't understand it. To tell the truth its no much of a routine, i admit.

I'd really appriciate any helpful advice on exercises, routines, suppliments, or diet for this perticular problem.

Thanks

(Any more detail required to give advise , just ask.)
    Last edited by rob890; 05-06-2007 at 01:42 PM.

Joey Cage has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Joey Cage has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Joey Cage has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Joey Cage has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Joey Cage has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Joey Cage has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Joey Cage has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Joey Cage has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Joey Cage has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Joey Cage has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Joey Cage has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Well Start taking lean proteins and good low carb low fat foods and stop eating that junk they serve. Secondly start doing Cardio on an empty stomach 5 days a week. Eat 6 small healthy meals. start lifting 3-4 days a week might even wanna think about doing supersets. good luck.

Short One has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Short One has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Short One has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Short One has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Short One has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Short One has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Short One has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Short One has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Short One has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Short One has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Short One has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    First of all, you need to lose your fat so that your pants are loose.

Sit ups will NOT spot reduce your lovehandles. Besides, even if you ARE getting a ab workout, you won't see it under your fat.

THe situps is a little too much. As boyscout mentioned, you need to incorporate lifting weights to keep your LBM (Lean Body Mass) whilst dropping your unwanted bodyfat.

Start off with 3x/w weights, and 3x of 30min cardio. THen up it slowly by either intensity or duration. 4x per week is acceptable, but the work will be in making good choices at school. If the meals are too big, do as I do. Eat half for that meal, and then the other after 3 hours (or save until another meal if they're REALLY big)

Here's some reading info for you:
    My BMR calculator with MealPlan and Target Weight Calculator
    Diet, Results Tracking and Translation, Formulae
    Nutrition and Progress guidance
    Neglecting strength no more: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=1000362
    youTube vids: http://youtube.com/profile?user=FitnessNut
    my iPhone apps: http://www.yianni-software.com/