Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    nickdawg will become famous soon enough. (+50) nickdawg will become famous soon enough. (+50) nickdawg will become famous soon enough. (+50) nickdawg will become famous soon enough. (+50) nickdawg will become famous soon enough. (+50) nickdawg will become famous soon enough. (+50) nickdawg will become famous soon enough. (+50) nickdawg will become famous soon enough. (+50) nickdawg will become famous soon enough. (+50) nickdawg will become famous soon enough. (+50) nickdawg will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Why don't my traps grow?????

My traps look flat as ever and i have been working out solid for the last year. My routine for shoulders and traps is:
    3 sets dumb bell shoulder press
    3 sets lateral raises
    3 sets military press
    3 sets (i'm not sure what its called put you grab the cable with your palms facing toward you and you pull it out to your side and up, works the back part of your shoulder). All these exerices i do about 6 reps
    Then for traps, i do shrugs with dumbells 3 sets of 6 reps, and i do barbell shrugs with the 45, and a 25 plate on each side. I do this facing the bar and shrugging it, then i do it with the bar behind me and pull them forward.
    I have not seen crap for results in my traps. Any opnions on what i can do, or criticism on what i'm doin????? Thanks guys!!!!!!

LiL USMC BBer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiL USMC BBer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiL USMC BBer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiL USMC BBer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiL USMC BBer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiL USMC BBer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiL USMC BBer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiL USMC BBer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiL USMC BBer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiL USMC BBer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiL USMC BBer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Do you deadlift?

Toward the end of the lift. Pinch your shoulder blades together while sorta shrugging the weight up. Watch video's of deads you'll get the idea.

As for shrugs. Here's what you do. You may need a belt for this. But grab DB's and lean forward a bit keeping your back inline naturally. And instead of shrugging up and down. Sorta shrug back and up. Not rolling but BACK AND UP. Sorta lift your shoulders up in the air while pinching the traps together. Puts some meat on there.
    The Iron never lies to you. You can walk outside and hear all kinds of talk, get told that you're a god or a total bastard. The Iron will always kick you the real deal. The Iron is the great reference point, the all-knowing perspective giver. Always there like a beacon in the pitch black. I have found the Iron to be my greatest friend. It never freaks out on me, never runs. Friends may come and go. But two hundred pounds is always two hundred pounds. ~Henry Rollins

Mr Nasty has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    military oress and shoulder presses have nothing to do with trap development. Do build goos solid traps try, shoulder shrugs (dumbell and barbell), lateral side raises, and dips.

Yo might also try working out with me from time to tim, im sure I could so show a few things. That is, if your not to scared!!!!!
    And no, he doesnt do dead lifts.....

Let It Be Known!!!!!!!!!! Beansent's Avatar
    Beansent has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Beansent has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Beansent has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Beansent has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Beansent has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Beansent has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Beansent has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Beansent has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Beansent has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Beansent has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Beansent has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    i'm not one to critique since i may be giving out wrong information but one thing is for certain. maybe your not using enough weights to stimulate your traps. muscles grow if you work it hard enough. your muscle should be tired after you finish a set and when you go onto the next set you should have a harder time finishing it. or, maybe you're not consuming enough protein. and the first three exercises you lifted are for shoulders. the 4th exercise is kind of unclear. shrugs is the only exercise that primarily targets ur traps that you are doing.

I forgot to mention UP RIGHT ROWS!!! If thats what the exercises is calld. i forget. I'll look into it though. Wussy!!

LiL USMC BBer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiL USMC BBer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiL USMC BBer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiL USMC BBer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiL USMC BBer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiL USMC BBer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiL USMC BBer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiL USMC BBer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiL USMC BBer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiL USMC BBer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiL USMC BBer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    how about you don't look into it.
    The Iron never lies to you. You can walk outside and hear all kinds of talk, get told that you're a god or a total bastard. The Iron will always kick you the real deal. The Iron is the great reference point, the all-knowing perspective giver. Always there like a beacon in the pitch black. I have found the Iron to be my greatest friend. It never freaks out on me, never runs. Friends may come and go. But two hundred pounds is always two hundred pounds. ~Henry Rollins

With all do respect Respsawn, How about keeping comments like that to yourself. You 145lbs worm. I actually know nick dawg, and advise him accordingly.

You might know a thing or two about exercises, but your in no shape or form to be advising individuals, IMO, especially nickdawg. He's a specialy individual with specialized needs. I wonder sometimes if he's even from this planet. His genes are those which I've never seen. I dont believe he was born with traps.
    Last edited by Mr Nasty; 04-21-2004 at 05:07 PM.

I don't understand what I said to deserve the put downs.

And I understand his problem but was unaware of it as he didn't say it in his post. and of course do apologize for the troubles that can cause.

Now can you state the comment that I said that was bad? Was it the response that I said to him? Or to you... Was it the one where I responded with

"maybe I should look into upright rows"

and I replyed with "how about you don't"

implying that upright rows are bad. And its proven. All the other larger forum junkies will tell you so.

But what do I know? I'm just a 145LB worm...

[EDIT] Why do people say "no offense" or "with all do respect" in the same sentence as "your stupid" or "you 145LB worm". That will forever boggle my mind.

"no offense but your an idiot.."

garrett has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) garrett has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) garrett has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) garrett has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) garrett has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) garrett has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) garrett has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) garrett has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) garrett has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) garrett has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) garrett has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Thumbs up traps

try prioritizing your traps.

for example, do your shrugs first in your shoulder/trap routine.

you might want to try drop sets (aka strip sets) on shrugs.

working in the 8-10 rep range, with a squeeze and hold at the top.

I used to, and sometimes still do, superset my shrugs with upright rows. I am phasing them out of my program little by little due to the potential problems they pose.

I used to have lagging traps for about a year and a half. Try these suggestions for three to four months and watch your traps grow.

And, if at all possible, deadlift...heavy.
    Elite in '08. GFH.

nickdawg will become famous soon enough. (+50) nickdawg will become famous soon enough. (+50) nickdawg will become famous soon enough. (+50) nickdawg will become famous soon enough. (+50) nickdawg will become famous soon enough. (+50) nickdawg will become famous soon enough. (+50) nickdawg will become famous soon enough. (+50) nickdawg will become famous soon enough. (+50) nickdawg will become famous soon enough. (+50) nickdawg will become famous soon enough. (+50) nickdawg will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    thanks for the replies guys i will look into your suggestions and try them in my next work out. As for MrNasty, please don't post your advise any more, unless you are going to get rid of you 24% body fat and do something about that back fat you keep tripping over every day.

hyp3r3xt3nsion has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Thumbs down

Originally posted by Mr Nasty
    With all do respect Respsawn, How about keeping comments like that to yourself. You 145lbs worm. I actually know nick dawg, and advise him accordingly.
    very mean :/

CoolBuu has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally posted by nickdawg
    thanks for the replies guys i will look into your suggestions and try them in my next work out. As for MrNasty, please don't post your advise any more, unless you are going to get rid of you 24% body fat and do something about that back fat you keep tripping over every day.

Dayum... yeah Mr Nasty, you have some really poor advice though. You are telling this kid to do a lot of wrong things, and then you are making fun of others because they are small? That's really sad.

And btw, shoulder presses DO stimulate the trapezius muscle. It is not the primary muscle used in the lift, but it gets worked all the same. LOL try not to trip over your back fat.

Originally posted by CoolBuu
    Dayum... yeah Mr Nasty, you have some really poor advice though. You are telling this kid to do a lot of wrong things, and then you are making fun of others because they are small? That's really sad.

And btw, shoulder presses DO stimulate the trapezius muscle. It is not the primary muscle used in the lift, but it gets worked all the same. LOL try not to trip over your back fat.
    Fair enough. And everyone is intitaled to their own opinion. However, my advice is solid. Shrugs, both dumbell and barbell shrugs put a direct emphasas on the trap muscle. This exercises is probably one of the most effective exercises one can proform. Lateral side raises target the top head of the delt, as well as, the trap. This exercises puts emphases directly on the piont which the delt and trap meet on the top of your shoulder. Up right rows, which might cause RTC (rotator cuff) problems, can be effective and safe if proformed properly. Proper form is important here. If your sloppy and jurky with the weight, you can expect an injury sooner or later.

TUT would best be utilized during up right rows. Time Under Tension, ever heard of it? If not, look into it. Basically, you your doing 3-6 sets 1 rep with a light to moderate weight. The piont here to make that one set last for as long has you can, putting the muscle under tension/stress for the longest peroid of time possible. This will allow adaquate muscle use and fiber tear while preventing chances of injury.

Dips on the other hand might have not been such a wise choice to suggest for the traps, simply because they are not trap specific. When training a muscle, whatever muscle that might be, you want to target that muscle alone. If your using other muscle to help move the weight, your not doing the targetd muscle any good. Its not recieving the full benifit of the lift. Therefore dips (my bad), shoulder presses, and military press (as I mentioned), should not be considered a good trap workout (as you mentioned). One thing the dip does offer though, is a nice sculpting movment which involves the whole shoulder and trap togerther.

Now, I've never claimed to know it all, but to be honest, I live, eat, sleep, and breath this ****. I do know a little something about training and how the body works. A little more than some of you, I'm assuming. (Spawn and Coolpoo).

I'm not here to put people down or be "mean" as you say, but I dont take lightly to commented like "how about you don't look into it" (spawn) and "you have some really poor advice though. You are telling this kid to do a lot of wrong things, and then you are making fun of others because they are small? That's really sad" (coolpoo).

Now I'm game for a debate. Just know your **** before comming to the table. That's all I ask. And my back fat is nicely tuked into the back of my shorts, thank you.

You are not what you own. dookie1481's Avatar
    dookie1481 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dookie1481 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dookie1481 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dookie1481 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dookie1481 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dookie1481 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dookie1481 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dookie1481 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dookie1481 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dookie1481 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dookie1481 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Fair enough. And everyone is intitaled to their own opinion. However, my advice is solid. Shrugs, both dumbell and barbell shrugs put a direct emphasas on the trap muscle. This exercises is probably one of the most effective exercises one can proform. Lateral side raises target the top head of the delt, as well as, the trap. This exercises puts emphases directly on the piont which the delt and trap meet on the top of your shoulder. Up right rows, which might cause RTC (rotator cuff) problems, can be effective and safe if proformed properly. Proper form is important here. If your sloppy and jurky with the weight, you can expect an injury sooner or later.

TUT would best be utilized during up right rows. Time Under Tension, ever heard of it? If not, look into it. Basically, you your doing 3-6 sets 1 rep with a light to moderate weight. The piont here to make that one set last for as long has you can, putting the muscle under tension/stress for the longest peroid of time possible. This will allow adaquate muscle use and fiber tear while preventing chances of injury.

Dips on the other hand might have not been such a wise choice to suggest for the traps, simply because they are not trap specific. When training a muscle, whatever muscle that might be, you want to target that muscle alone. If your using other muscle to help move the weight, your not doing the targetd muscle any good. Its not recieving the full benifit of the lift. Therefore dips (my bad), shoulder presses, and military press (as I mentioned), should not be considered a good trap workout (as you mentioned). One thing the dip does offer though, is a nice sculpting movment which involves the whole shoulder and trap togerther.

Now, I've never claimed to know it all, but to be honest, I live, eat, sleep, and breath this ****. I do know a little something about training and how the body works. A little more than some of you, I'm assuming. (Spawn and Coolpoo).

I'm not here to put people down or be "mean" as you say, but I dont take lightly to commented like "how about you don't look into it" (spawn) and "you have some really poor advice though. You are telling this kid to do a lot of wrong things, and then you are making fun of others because they are small? That's really sad" (coolpoo).

Now I'm game for a debate. Just know your **** before comming to the table. That's all I ask. And my back fat is nicely tuked into the back of my shorts, thank you.
    Wait, wait, wait. You come talking **** to everyone, implying you know more than everybody. First of all, no exercise can "target" a specific part of a muscle (except chest, but that's different). Second, your TUT point is flawed. There is absolutely NO proof that slow movements reduce the risk of injury. In fact, they may be more dangerous than explosive movements due to the duration that force is applied to the tendons and ligaments. And not everybody is born 6'2"200. 24% bodyfat, huh? I'm 155, and I bet I could take you apart.
    "When the only tool you have is a hammer, every problem begins to resemble a nail."
    -Abraham Maslow

"Ass busting work + consistency + time = results.
    Burn that into your head and quit looking for quick fixes and secrets. Because they don't exist."
    -Lyle McDonald

"You can't overwhelm idiots with knowledge, but, sadly, the knowledgable can be overwhelmed by idiots."
    -Charlie Francis

sma has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sma has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Upright rows will end up giving you problems. I think you should tell your novice that before you start shoving them down his throat. Also, you're correct, much of your advice was valid, such as the shrugs. Lateral raises I have never heard of working the trap, but I am open to new information. However, your uprigth row comment and the little thing about shoulder presses not hitting the traps was just wrong, and made your advice seem, at best, flawed. So now you know where I am coming from. And more of us, besides you, eat, sleep, breathe, ****, and puke this stuff, so get off the high-horse.

And it's BUU, not poo. :0

Mr. Widebody has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    My trap routine:

Close-grip shrugs (For Height)
    Dumbell shrugs or trap bar shrugs (For thickness)
    Behind Back Shrugs (For back of the traps)
    3/4 Shrug (For back of the traps, these are perfomed in the same position as a yates row, you are bent over, but not with your back completely rounded and you will shrug the weight with an overhand grip with a straight bar or a hammer grip using dumbells.)

This routine has been excellent for adding height to my traps while also thickening them.

But for most people, results for traps training will all depend on your bone structure. Those of you with squarer shoulders are going to have a bit of a tougher time bringing up your traps but using exercises like the ones I have listed will help out big time. As for people with sloped shoulders or in-between such as myself, the natural arch in your collarbone will greatly help your shoulders respond to traps training much quicker.
    Last edited by Mr. Widebody; 04-21-2004 at 09:07 PM.

Dookie: First of all, calm down brother. No one is trying to be a bad ass here, well except you. I have some things for you to think about ..... When you work traps, whats r u targeting? Traps. When you work Biceps, what r u trageting? Bi's. When you work calves, what r u targeting? Calves. That's my piont. Yes, other muscle are invloved, but you can reduce thier involvment with the proper form and isolated movments. This would lead me to believe the you target a specific muscle group over another in order to untilize the efficiency of that muscle and force it to gorw.

Also, with the TUT piont, I'm implaying that with focused, slow, properly proformed reps a person can reduce the risk of injuried compared to sloppy, jurky, improperly proformed reps. I know you know the guys, I see them in the gym every training session. If your prone to injury, then of coures, your going to hurt yourself, but there are safe gaurds in which a person can practice to help eliminate this risk of injury. TUT, with light to moderate weight, can be one of these safe gaurds. Slow cautious movment can also be one of these safe gaurds. Caution is more my piont, rather than technique.

Coolpoo: Your quit possibly right about the upright rows. However, I like them and have had no such problems with them thus far. For me, I've found that if done properly (form is important), they can be very effective. Different strokes for different folks, obviously. And who knows, there might come a day when my shoulder becomes victim of the up right row.

I'd also like to add that my initial response, out burst, was due to the lovely Mr. Spawns cocky reply to a post which wasnt directed towards him. It has since gone down hill from there. I might have came off cocky too, but had no intentions on flaming any of the other memebers. Now, everyone simma down.....this is only the internet!

Originally posted by Mr. Widebody
    My trap routine:

Close-grip shrugs (For Height)
    Dumbell shrugs or trap bar shrugs (For thickness)
    Behind Back Shrugs (For back of the traps)
    3/4 Shrug (For back of the traps, these are perfomed in the same position as a yates row, you are bent over, but not with your back completely rounded and you will shrug the weight with an overhand grip with a straight bar or a hammer grip using dumbells.)

This routine was excellent for adding height to my traps while also thickening them. But results will all depend on your bone structure. Those of you with squarer shoulders are going to have a bit of a tougher time bringing up your traps but using exercises like the ones I have listed will help out big time. As for people with sloped shoulders or in-between such as myself, the natural arch in your collarbone will greatly help your shoulders respond to traps training much quicker.
    I also use these same trap exercises. Very cool WideBody! lol, hear this nickdawg........

I constantly fight Nick dawg in the gym about these same exercises. So far, all I've gotten out of him when regarding barbell (front and back) shrugs is, "i dont do those, they're for pussies."

dookie1481 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dookie1481 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dookie1481 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dookie1481 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dookie1481 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dookie1481 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dookie1481 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dookie1481 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dookie1481 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dookie1481 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dookie1481 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Dookie: First of all, calm down brother. No one is trying to be a bad ass here, well except you. I have some things for you to think about ..... When you work traps, whats r u targeting? Traps. When you work Biceps, what r u trageting? Bi's. When you work calves, what r u targeting? Calves. That's my piont. Yes, other muscle are invloved, but you can reduce thier involvment with the proper form and isolated movments. This would lead me to believe the you target a specific muscle group over another in order to untilize the efficiency of that muscle and force it to gorw.

Also, with the TUT piont, I'm implaying that with focused, slow, properly proformed reps a person can reduce the risk of injuried compared to sloppy, jurky, improperly proformed reps. I know you know the guys, I see them in the gym every training session. If your prone to injury, then of coures, your going to hurt yourself, but there are safe gaurds in which a person can practice to help eliminate this risk of injury. TUT, with light to moderate weight, can be one of these safe gaurds. Slow cautious movment can also be one of these safe gaurds. Caution is more my piont, rather than technique.

Coolpoo: Your quit possibly right about the upright rows. However, I like them and have had no such problems with them thus far. For me, I've found that if done properly (form is important), they can be very effective. Different strokes for different folks, obviously. And who knows, there might come a day when my shoulder becomes victim of the up right row.

I'd also like to add that my initial response, out burst, was due to the lovely Mr. Spawns cocky reply to a post which wasnt directed towards him. It has since gone down hill from there. I might have came off cocky too, but had no intentions on flaming any of the other memebers. Now, everyone simma down.....this is only the internet!
    I see the points you are making; I suppose it sounded like you said you could target a certain PART of a muscle. We know how that will go over on this board....... And the TUT thing, well, unquestionably good form is better than bad form. I just don't like to deliberately slow down a rep too much. I've learned to listen to my body, and **** starts popping and burning when I go slow, so you can figure out the rest. I personally prefer to use mostly explosive movments.
    "When the only tool you have is a hammer, every problem begins to resemble a nail."
    -Abraham Maslow

Burn that into your head and quit looking for quick fixes and secrets. Because they don't exist."
    -Lyle McDonald

"You can't overwhelm idiots with knowledge, but, sadly, the knowledgable can be overwhelmed by idiots."
    -Charlie Francis

And yes, shrugs do work. Besides deads and cleans, probably the best trap ex. If you have access to a calf raise machine that has a pad for each shoulder, those are awesome. Just load up the weight, stand under there, and shrug (pretty self-explanatory, huh?).
    -Abraham Maslow

-Lyle McDonald

-Charlie Francis

Believe it or not, TUT is proving to be an excellent way to train. Its fairly new from what I understand. Its certainly new to me. I'm just learning the jists of it now. When I get a little more time, I'll find the web site and post up a link here so we can all look it over.

Steveo31 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Steveo31 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Steveo31 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Steveo31 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Steveo31 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Steveo31 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Steveo31 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Steveo31 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Steveo31 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Steveo31 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Steveo31 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I vote deads/clean & press. Shrugs to finish.

Just my vote tho...
    http://www.exrx.net/Lists/Directory.html

-ohashi

Coolpoo: Your quit possibly right ...

It's not CoolPoo, you peen.

It's not CoolPoo, you peen.
    What the hell is a peen?
    -Abraham Maslow

-Lyle McDonald

-Charlie Francis

Yeah, whats a peen?

I dunno, I guess a penis. Sounded cool. Just stop saying CoolPoo, it is really starting to look like disrespect.

impulse3k has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) impulse3k has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) impulse3k has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) impulse3k has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) impulse3k has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) impulse3k has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) impulse3k has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) impulse3k has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) impulse3k has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) impulse3k has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) impulse3k has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I dunno, I guess a penis. Sounded cool. Just stop saying CoolPoo, it is really starting to look like disrespect.
    Hey CoolPoo, take it easy.

Dots has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Dots has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Dots has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Dots has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Dots has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Dots has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Dots has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Dots has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Dots has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Dots has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Dots has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Trapz :)

Hey was up well i have been having the same problem well i had the same problem , my trapz are not where i want them but they have grown pretty big sense i have first started lifting. What i do is take like 80-100lbs db pending on how i feel that day do has many shurgs as i can usally about 15+ then i drop half that weight so say i do 100lbs 15 reps then i would drop down to 50lbs dbs and then do about 17 reps. w/ these reps i hold at the top of my motion and squeeze as hard as i can. Man does this sure hurt, You will feel a nice pain back in your trap area Hope u get what ur looking for p'z

- Dots

my screen name on aol is 'nurdots' if u need any more questions answered

Chemically Imbalanced Wanker527's Avatar
    Wanker527 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Wanker527 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Wanker527 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Wanker527 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Wanker527 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Wanker527 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Wanker527 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Wanker527 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Wanker527 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Wanker527 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Wanker527 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    i would consider my traps to be one of my best bodyparts. lifting heavy (8 reps or less) did absolutely nothing for my traps. my best results come from 4-5 sets of dumbbell shrugs for 15-25 reps per set. i hold the dumbbells in different positions on every set as well. give it a try, high reps are not always the enemy.
    Last edited by Wanker527; 04-22-2004 at 06:38 PM.
    "Oderint dum metuant." -Lucius Accius