View Poll Results: Determine your World's Strongest Man with a option below!

Voters
66. You may not vote on this poll
  • Maximum weight lifted at a single event!

13 19.70%
  • Medium weight squatted for the longest amount of time!

0 0%
  • Highest percentage of one's own bodyweight lifted overhead!

9 13.64%
  • A event combining all three of these methods!

15 22.73%
  • There are other and better ways to determine this silly debate!

29 43.94%
    Jamesullivan is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jamesullivan is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jamesullivan is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jamesullivan is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jamesullivan is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jamesullivan is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jamesullivan is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jamesullivan is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jamesullivan is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jamesullivan is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jamesullivan is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Wink New methods for determining the World's Strongestman!

When I was little I was the strongest I could be. Was I stronger than everyone else at 3 years old, hmm, who knows. Now even though this was the only age where that answer could be made for certain because of a simple factor that all three year olds are relatively the same size, todays way to measure the world's strongest man" is tainted. Its obvious to me, and to many others that if just lifting up deadweight, the 8foot 500pound man will eventually always win. Like Andre the Giant and the Great Khali! So midgets may determine it by some sort of ratio, % of weight lifted overhead to own body weight! The Strongman competitions are close by choosing many different events and using a scoring system! I have my own method which I used as a little child! I would take a knapsack and stuff it with weight. After weighing myself and determining the amount of weight I was holding on my back, I started the stopwatch and started doing squats. Some of you may recall this being done by the "World's Strongest Boy" on a Discovery Health Channel or something! This determines strength, cardio, and other body capabilities. One hour is great, but usually means you can go for a longer time. I really think that this should be used to distribute some sort of title, because it definately proves a person has more muscle strength, even if his max lifts designed for larger in size people is not.
    The best solution would be to put the competitors through a 3 stage event. 1 Stage of maximal lifts at many different events. 2 Stage of medium weight squatted for maximal time. 3 Stage lifting most weight possible over your own weight for largest percentage of one own's bodyweight.
    I hope a lot of you feel the same about this, but hopefully in the future there will be better and more accurate contests. Since I know this I am sorry to say I cannot accept any one man as being the world's strongest, except of course if its me. Hey everyone is entitled to be their own strongest man on Earth!
    I like not talking about how to get stronger, for that is to much talk about life, I just live it!

Lager1 is not very helpful. (-500) Lager1 is not very helpful. (-500) Lager1 is not very helpful. (-500) Lager1 is not very helpful. (-500) Lager1 is not very helpful. (-500) Lager1 is not very helpful. (-500) Lager1 is not very helpful. (-500) Lager1 is not very helpful. (-500) Lager1 is not very helpful. (-500) Lager1 is not very helpful. (-500) Lager1 is not very helpful. (-500)
    thanks

beast69 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) beast69 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) beast69 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) beast69 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) beast69 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) beast69 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) beast69 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) beast69 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) beast69 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) beast69 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) beast69 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    easy on the exclamation marks

also remember that any of those options only test one type of strength. Are you stronger if you can lift a certain weight? or are you stronger if you can speed-walk with that same weight in your hands or on your back?

and so on and so forth...

good day

F2. is a name known to all. (+5000) F2. is a name known to all. (+5000) F2. is a name known to all. (+5000) F2. is a name known to all. (+5000) F2. is a name known to all. (+5000) F2. is a name known to all. (+5000) F2. is a name known to all. (+5000) F2. is a name known to all. (+5000) F2. is a name known to all. (+5000) F2. is a name known to all. (+5000) F2. is a name known to all. (+5000)
    its called worlds strongest man for a reason. not worlds strongest man for their bodyweight.

i assume thats what you were trying to get across anyways.

magicman531 will become famous soon enough. (+50) magicman531 will become famous soon enough. (+50) magicman531 will become famous soon enough. (+50) magicman531 will become famous soon enough. (+50) magicman531 will become famous soon enough. (+50) magicman531 will become famous soon enough. (+50) magicman531 will become famous soon enough. (+50) magicman531 will become famous soon enough. (+50) magicman531 will become famous soon enough. (+50) magicman531 will become famous soon enough. (+50) magicman531 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    World's strongest man is the world's strongest man. Life isn't fair. Gain weight or go home!

Mr Beer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mr Beer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mr Beer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mr Beer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mr Beer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mr Beer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mr Beer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mr Beer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mr Beer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mr Beer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mr Beer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    If proportional strength was the most important thing in these contests, we'd all sit around watching the 'World's Strongest Ant' show.

Jamesullivan is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jamesullivan is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jamesullivan is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jamesullivan is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jamesullivan is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jamesullivan is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jamesullivan is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jamesullivan is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jamesullivan is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jamesullivan is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jamesullivan is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Post What I have noticed so far!

Okay determining the world's strongest! Now even though the "World's Strongest Boy" was titled so by outlasting adults in a continous squat till you quit excercise, noone wants this method to determine the strongest. So we have no support for all the obstacles that were made for this boy, probably from a forum similiar to this. I guess either some people are not convinced or just opinions change!
    Then we have max lift of % of body weight! Some like this, probably because it actually means who has made themself the strongest!
    Opposite from that we have max lift lifted at one event. Many feel this is a good way. Influenced by stongman contests and rightly so. This is definately the greatest SHOW of strength, but lacks to show the strongest man!
    Here it is, strength is how much energy one has inside himself, strength is how much energy one's body can go through, and yes strength is how much energy you can show others you control! There will always be someone who will object, but our role as forum members is to strive forward to improve this until all are satisfied with the trial to determine the strongest!
    Alot of you like all three methods combined as did I, however I must be honest and fair, so even though as of right now I still like this choice, I am certain there are other ways that do not use complex machinery or formulas that are yet to be displayed and are better suited then our strongman contests these days.
    Over 12 of you out there have other ways that are better. Noone knows unless you share, so please share your thoughts here.
    My replies-
    World's strongest ant, well let me say no matter how strong Mario P. is, I still look at those Olympic records of the 100pounders and are far more impressed by what they have accomplished in overhead lifts. Man is a blend of all outer and INNER strengths, and should not be looked down upon especially when speed kills.
    I would deal with whoever is the World's Strongest Man if I could be sure that they would not affect my fitness. When someone with that title blurts out these GNC products they use, they are stating that they do not need to know how they got their strength. That is the same moral argument steroids fight. The truest strongest man will be all natural and make his own advancements in the growth of his body's muscles. So I will never automatically deal with it, they have to get my trust the natural way, earn it!
    Alright thanks for the replies and please reply and answer the poll if you have not already. Have a great workout!8o)
    "World's Strongest Person is the one who survives the fitness test, that is the true survival of the fittest, to be the person you are, strong as you are in the world."-James Sullivan
    I like not talking about how to get stronger, for that is to much talk about life, I just live it!

Perceptionist is on a distinguished road. (+10) Perceptionist is on a distinguished road. (+10) Perceptionist is on a distinguished road. (+10) Perceptionist is on a distinguished road. (+10) Perceptionist is on a distinguished road. (+10) Perceptionist is on a distinguished road. (+10) Perceptionist is on a distinguished road. (+10) Perceptionist is on a distinguished road. (+10) Perceptionist is on a distinguished road. (+10) Perceptionist is on a distinguished road. (+10) Perceptionist is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    not only do you sound like a troll, you look like one too
    The Percepta @ 165ah

The_Brawler has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) The_Brawler has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) The_Brawler has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) The_Brawler has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) The_Brawler has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) The_Brawler has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) The_Brawler has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) The_Brawler has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Jamesullivan View Post
    When I was little I was the strongest I could be. Was I stronger than everyone else at 3 years old, hmm, who knows. Now even though this was the only age where that answer could be made for certain because of a simple factor that all three year olds are relatively the same size, todays way to measure the world's strongest man" is tainted. Its obvious to me, and to many others that if just lifting up deadweight, the 8foot 500pound man will eventually always win. Like Andre the Giant and the Great Khali! So midgets may determine it by some sort of ratio, % of weight lifted overhead to own body weight! The Strongman competitions are close by choosing many different events and using a scoring system! I have my own method which I used as a little child! I would take a knapsack and stuff it with weight. After weighing myself and determining the amount of weight I was holding on my back, I started the stopwatch and started doing squats. Some of you may recall this being done by the "World's Strongest Boy" on a Discovery Health Channel or something! This determines strength, cardio, and other body capabilities. One hour is great, but usually means you can go for a longer time. I really think that this should be used to distribute some sort of title, because it definately proves a person has more muscle strength, even if his max lifts designed for larger in size people is not.
    The best solution would be to put the competitors through a 3 stage event. 1 Stage of maximal lifts at many different events. 2 Stage of medium weight squatted for maximal time. 3 Stage lifting most weight possible over your own weight for largest percentage of one own's bodyweight.
    I hope a lot of you feel the same about this, but hopefully in the future there will be better and more accurate contests. Since I know this I am sorry to say I cannot accept any one man as being the world's strongest, except of course if its me. Hey everyone is entitled to be their own strongest man on Earth!

IDIOT

vican20 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) vican20 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) vican20 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) vican20 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) vican20 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) vican20 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) vican20 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) vican20 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) vican20 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) vican20 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) vican20 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    i deff think it should be a bodyweight lift...there are alot of strong ass people out there that dont have the genetics to be 250+lbs
    Back to build!
    150lbs
    PRS
    Squat 420 2009
    Bench 250 2009
    Deadlift 440 2009
    Total 1100 2009

Uriel_da_man has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Uriel_da_man has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Uriel_da_man has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Uriel_da_man has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Uriel_da_man has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Uriel_da_man has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Uriel_da_man has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Uriel_da_man has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Uriel_da_man has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Uriel_da_man has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Uriel_da_man has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I think the WSM is great just the way it is.

A good variety of events to have most aspects of strength covered, and the one who lifts most wins. Simple and effective.

That weighting in thing works for sports like powerlifting because the records are held within their weight class (like "highest bench press on xxx class: yyy"). On an event called the "World's Strongest Man" it wouldn't make much sense in calling the "strongest man" to a 150lbs guy that can deadlift 600lbs over a guy who deadlifts 1000lbs but weights 300, he'd just be the world's strongest man for his weight, not the world's strongest man period.

theduffman is just really nice. (+1000) theduffman is just really nice. (+1000) theduffman is just really nice. (+1000) theduffman is just really nice. (+1000) theduffman is just really nice. (+1000) theduffman is just really nice. (+1000) theduffman is just really nice. (+1000) theduffman is just really nice. (+1000) theduffman is just really nice. (+1000) theduffman is just really nice. (+1000) theduffman is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Jamesullivan View Post
    Okay determining the world's strongest! Now even though the "World's Strongest Boy" was titled so by outlasting adults in a continous squat till you quit excercise, noone wants this method to determine the strongest. So we have no support for all the obstacles that were made for this boy, probably from a forum similiar to this. I guess either some people are not convinced or just opinions change!
    Then we have max lift of % of body weight! Some like this, probably because it actually means who has made themself the strongest!
    Opposite from that we have max lift lifted at one event. Many feel this is a good way. Influenced by stongman contests and rightly so. This is definately the greatest SHOW of strength, but lacks to show the strongest man!
    Here it is, strength is how much energy one has inside himself, strength is how much energy one's body can go through, and yes strength is how much energy you can show others you control! There will always be someone who will object, but our role as forum members is to strive forward to improve this until all are satisfied with the trial to determine the strongest!
    Alot of you like all three methods combined as did I, however I must be honest and fair, so even though as of right now I still like this choice, I am certain there are other ways that do not use complex machinery or formulas that are yet to be displayed and are better suited then our strongman contests these days.
    Over 12 of you out there have other ways that are better. Noone knows unless you share, so please share your thoughts here.
    My replies-
    World's strongest ant, well let me say no matter how strong Mario P. is, I still look at those Olympic records of the 100pounders and are far more impressed by what they have accomplished in overhead lifts. Man is a blend of all outer and INNER strengths, and should not be looked down upon especially when speed kills.
    I would deal with whoever is the World's Strongest Man if I could be sure that they would not affect my fitness. When someone with that title blurts out these GNC products they use, they are stating that they do not need to know how they got their strength. That is the same moral argument steroids fight. The truest strongest man will be all natural and make his own advancements in the growth of his body's muscles. So I will never automatically deal with it, they have to get my trust the natural way, earn it!
    Alright thanks for the replies and please reply and answer the poll if you have not already. Have a great workout!8o)
    "World's Strongest Person is the one who survives the fitness test, that is the true survival of the fittest, to be the person you are, strong as you are in the world."-James Sullivan

dude you write like you are on some maaajor drugs lol did you drop acid before posting yesterday?

WowWeakForum is not very helpful. (-500) WowWeakForum is not very helpful. (-500) WowWeakForum is not very helpful. (-500) WowWeakForum is not very helpful. (-500) WowWeakForum is not very helpful. (-500) WowWeakForum is not very helpful. (-500) WowWeakForum is not very helpful. (-500) WowWeakForum is not very helpful. (-500) WowWeakForum is not very helpful. (-500) WowWeakForum is not very helpful. (-500) WowWeakForum is not very helpful. (-500)
    highest percentage of bodyweight ? How is that indicative of strength?

/\/\ichael has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) /\/\ichael has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) /\/\ichael has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) /\/\ichael has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) /\/\ichael has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) /\/\ichael has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) /\/\ichael has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) /\/\ichael has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) /\/\ichael has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) /\/\ichael has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) /\/\ichael has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Clean and jerk
    /thread

It starts with a deadlift (legs/back/forearms), goes over to the pull (back/traps), then to a clean (shoulders/traps), squat clean (legs) and the jerk at the end (legs/shoulders). Full body exercise
    ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
    .............................. R.I.P...................................
    .............Aziz "Zyzz" Sergeyevich Shavershian............
    .............. ₪₪₪₪₪₪1989-2011₪₪₪₪₪₪₪...............
    .▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Radok will become famous soon enough. (+50) Radok will become famous soon enough. (+50) Radok will become famous soon enough. (+50) Radok will become famous soon enough. (+50) Radok will become famous soon enough. (+50) Radok will become famous soon enough. (+50) Radok will become famous soon enough. (+50) Radok will become famous soon enough. (+50) Radok will become famous soon enough. (+50) Radok will become famous soon enough. (+50) Radok will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    "the worlds strongest boy" was not the strongest at anything. He didn't hold any records, pound for pound or otherwise, despite the fact that on the show they kept saying that he was the strongest pound for pound. If you devide his lifts by his bodyweight and do the same for pro lightweight lifters, you'll see he wasn't even that strong pound for pound compared to some adults that are much bigger. But hey, they also said "he has more muscle mass than any bodybuilder" when he weighed 65 pounds. Yeah, ok
    "When other people drink my drink, that means I'm not drinking my drink, and that's f-cking bull****."-NugzTheNinja

300x1, 225x10 bench

Powerlifting Goals
    315 bench
    300x10 squat
    375x10 deadlift
    405 squat
    500 deadlift
    [url]http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=349412&amp;page=3[/url]