AnabolicEngine is a name known to all. (+5000) AnabolicEngine is a name known to all. (+5000) AnabolicEngine is a name known to all. (+5000) AnabolicEngine is a name known to all. (+5000) AnabolicEngine is a name known to all. (+5000) AnabolicEngine is a name known to all. (+5000) AnabolicEngine is a name known to all. (+5000) AnabolicEngine is a name known to all. (+5000) AnabolicEngine is a name known to all. (+5000) AnabolicEngine is a name known to all. (+5000) AnabolicEngine is a name known to all. (+5000)

Carbs to go with protein powder...

Hi everyone,

I am about to buy a 5 pound tub of Optimum Nutrition protein powder, instead of going with a very expensive tub of Ultra Size by Beverly.

My question is, since there are hardly any carbs per serving of ON protein, what kinds of carbs would be quick to go with my shake? I plan on adding some olive oil to my shakes, but should i eat an apple or banana with my shakes to go with? 25 grams of carbs to go along with the shake should do it for me.

thanks for your replies

AnabolicEngine is a name known to all. (+5000) AnabolicEngine is a name known to all. (+5000) AnabolicEngine is a name known to all. (+5000) AnabolicEngine is a name known to all. (+5000) AnabolicEngine is a name known to all. (+5000) AnabolicEngine is a name known to all. (+5000) AnabolicEngine is a name known to all. (+5000) AnabolicEngine is a name known to all. (+5000) AnabolicEngine is a name known to all. (+5000) AnabolicEngine is a name known to all. (+5000) AnabolicEngine is a name known to all. (+5000)
    also...are these two products comparable? is ON protein good protein? because i know beverly's proteins are good...please let me know what you think, because you can get like 3 extra pounds of ON for the same price of what Beverly protein is offering.

Loose Cannon has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    ON is the best period... beverly is over priced... mix ground up oatmeal for low gi or dextrose for post workout high gi carbs (gatorade powder) to your protein...

Originally posted by Loose Cannon
    ON is the best period... beverly is over priced... mix ground up oatmeal for low gi or dextrose for post workout high gi carbs (gatorade powder) to your protein...
    no blender here at work, bro. any other ideas? although i guess i could just try to drink down the shake with oatmeal in it...

any other ideas for carb complementation with my protein shake?

thanks

i dont see how im going to manage this...im getting a 5 pound tub. if i keep the tub here at work, then i have none at home. if i keep it at home, then i have none at work. i work out at a gym near home, so i need it at home, but then how do i get my nutrition in at work?

how do some of you do it? should i use a little tupperware container or something?

massive member is on a distinguished road. (+10) massive member is on a distinguished road. (+10) massive member is on a distinguished road. (+10) massive member is on a distinguished road. (+10) massive member is on a distinguished road. (+10) massive member is on a distinguished road. (+10) massive member is on a distinguished road. (+10) massive member is on a distinguished road. (+10) massive member is on a distinguished road. (+10) massive member is on a distinguished road. (+10) massive member is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    put the powder in a shaker cup and add water when you're ready to take it
    "Pavel calls the idea of training yourself in isolated pieces "Frankenstein training" and I don't think I can come up with a better term. The body is one piece." Dan John

Neil_I will become famous soon enough. (+50) Neil_I will become famous soon enough. (+50) Neil_I will become famous soon enough. (+50) Neil_I will become famous soon enough. (+50) Neil_I will become famous soon enough. (+50) Neil_I will become famous soon enough. (+50) Neil_I will become famous soon enough. (+50) Neil_I will become famous soon enough. (+50) Neil_I will become famous soon enough. (+50) Neil_I will become famous soon enough. (+50) Neil_I will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally posted by AnabolicEngine
    no blender here at work, bro. any other ideas? although i guess i could just try to drink down the shake with oatmeal in it...
    Blend up the oats at home and keep them in a tupperware container.

As suggested, put the oats and whey in your shaker then add water when you are ready to drink.
    You just have to chug it down. It doesn't taste bad, but watch for the oats sinking to the bottom when you invert the shaker to drink! My first of these shakes, I almost puked as I was taken by surprise......!
    Is there any fear in this Dojo?

Originally posted by massive member
    put the powder in a shaker cup and add water when you're ready to take it
    wouldnt work because i need more than one shake while at work.

massive member is on a distinguished road. (+10) massive member is on a distinguished road. (+10) massive member is on a distinguished road. (+10) massive member is on a distinguished road. (+10) massive member is on a distinguished road. (+10) massive member is on a distinguished road. (+10) massive member is on a distinguished road. (+10) massive member is on a distinguished road. (+10) massive member is on a distinguished road. (+10) massive member is on a distinguished road. (+10) massive member is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    what about more than one shaker cup?

thats what i do
    "Pavel calls the idea of training yourself in isolated pieces "Frankenstein training" and I don't think I can come up with a better term. The body is one piece." Dan John

Civilized has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Civilized has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Civilized has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Civilized has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Civilized has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Civilized has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Civilized has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Civilized has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Civilized has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Civilized has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Civilized has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    take more than one bottle =]

yea i guess i could do that. so do you think im ok with going with ON instead of beverly? beverly is really expensive

Neil_I will become famous soon enough. (+50) Neil_I will become famous soon enough. (+50) Neil_I will become famous soon enough. (+50) Neil_I will become famous soon enough. (+50) Neil_I will become famous soon enough. (+50) Neil_I will become famous soon enough. (+50) Neil_I will become famous soon enough. (+50) Neil_I will become famous soon enough. (+50) Neil_I will become famous soon enough. (+50) Neil_I will become famous soon enough. (+50) Neil_I will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally posted by massive member
    what about more than one shaker cup?
    LOL, yeah, buy another shaker!
    Is there any fear in this Dojo?

xxghostxx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xxghostxx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xxghostxx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xxghostxx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xxghostxx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xxghostxx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xxghostxx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xxghostxx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xxghostxx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xxghostxx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xxghostxx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    with all the money you are saving not buying beverly, hit up another shaker bottle man. And yes, ON is that much better of whey powder than Beverly.
    Unaffiliated.

euclid is just really nice. (+1000) euclid is just really nice. (+1000) euclid is just really nice. (+1000) euclid is just really nice. (+1000) euclid is just really nice. (+1000) euclid is just really nice. (+1000) euclid is just really nice. (+1000) euclid is just really nice. (+1000) euclid is just really nice. (+1000) euclid is just really nice. (+1000) euclid is just really nice. (+1000)
    I have a protein tub at work and 2 at home. I usually have a shake at 9:30 and 3:30. Instead of grinding up oats, I eat 2 slices of wheat bread with each shake -- comes out to about 300-350 calories depending on the calories of the bread.

Lightbulb

if you'd want to do the oats, grind up a bunch of servings and store them. before work, pour a serving plus your whey into your shaker cup and add water when you're ready for it