enzo1000 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

frustrated i need help dont know what the hell i can do

heres my situation, i have been training since i was 15 im 18 now...at first i was stupid and bought a bowflex, I was an extremely weak kid, prob. 45lb bench press...well anyways i wasted a year w/ bowflex and it didnt do me any good...just a little be of strength gain...then i bought a weight set at around 16 1/2 and i just had a bar and stuff and my workout was not even right i just did curls and some tricep garbage...and then later on i tried doing stuff like bench press and shoulder press and squats etc off the bowflex bench...then i still had no gains and i have this problem that my left arm is longer than my right so i cant curl right or bench right and now im 18 and i got a real bench and stuff but im pathetically weak...my left arm is great at curling and stuff but my curl is 45lbs i cant bench over 115 and my shoulders are pathetic...especially my right one and i have been on a split for about 7 months now that goes

Mon: chest/ bis
    Tue: legs
    Wed: off
    Thu: shoulder/ triceps
    Fri: back

now i still cant get gains and its so damn frustrating because i try to pay special attention to form and make sure im doing stuff right but the damn strength just isnt coming and its soo f####in frustrating it pisses the hell out of me...and i try eating right too 4-5 meals a day and i try to eat things w/ a lot of protein and i dont eat fast food and i dont drink sodas....i dont know anything else i can do...plz help out a guy in need

BIGnaturalBROCK will become famous soon enough. (+50) BIGnaturalBROCK will become famous soon enough. (+50) BIGnaturalBROCK will become famous soon enough. (+50) BIGnaturalBROCK will become famous soon enough. (+50) BIGnaturalBROCK will become famous soon enough. (+50) BIGnaturalBROCK will become famous soon enough. (+50) BIGnaturalBROCK will become famous soon enough. (+50) BIGnaturalBROCK will become famous soon enough. (+50) BIGnaturalBROCK will become famous soon enough. (+50) BIGnaturalBROCK will become famous soon enough. (+50) BIGnaturalBROCK will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Re: frustrated i need help dont know what the hell i can do

Originally posted by enzo1000
    heres my situation, i have been training since i was 15 im 18 now...at first i was stupid and bought a bowflex, I was an extremely weak kid, prob. 45lb bench press...well anyways i wasted a year w/ bowflex and it didnt do me any good...just a little be of strength gain...then i bought a weight set at around 16 1/2 and i just had a bar and stuff and my workout was not even right i just did curls and some tricep garbage...and then later on i tried doing stuff like bench press and shoulder press and squats etc off the bowflex bench...then i still had no gains and i have this problem that my left arm is longer than my right so i cant curl right or bench right and now im 18 and i got a real bench and stuff but im pathetically weak...my left arm is great at curling and stuff but my curl is 45lbs i cant bench over 115 and my shoulders are pathetic...especially my right one and i have been on a split for about 7 months now that goes

Mon: chest/ bis
    Tue: legs
    Wed: off
    Thu: shoulder/ triceps
    Fri: back

now i still cant get gains and its so damn frustrating because i try to pay special attention to form and make sure im doing stuff right but the damn strength just isnt coming and its soo f####in frustrating it pisses the hell out of me...and i try eating right too 4-5 meals a day and i try to eat things w/ a lot of protein and i dont eat fast food and i dont drink sodas....i dont know anything else i can do...plz help out a guy in need
    yo bro, dont give up so easily, post a sample of your diet, your training (exercises,.sets,reps) and how much sleep you usually get, do you do any cardio, etc.
    by the way you need progressive overload to have ur muscles change, so u gotta change stuff up even if its just lifting heavier weight, or adding a set from week to week.

Red-Level is on a distinguished road. (+10) Red-Level is on a distinguished road. (+10) Red-Level is on a distinguished road. (+10) Red-Level is on a distinguished road. (+10) Red-Level is on a distinguished road. (+10) Red-Level is on a distinguished road. (+10) Red-Level is on a distinguished road. (+10) Red-Level is on a distinguished road. (+10) Red-Level is on a distinguished road. (+10) Red-Level is on a distinguished road. (+10) Red-Level is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Well your never gonna get anywhere if your frustrated over the whole thing. Part of BBing is confidence. If you dont have confidence in yourself than your wasting your time. The first mistake was the bowflex. The first weight I picked up was a 10lb dumb bell. I would sit in my room for hours just pumpin those 10's. Soon those 10's turned to 20's, 20's to 30's and so on.

My point is you have to start somewhere. Stay away from all your bowflex bs. Now you say your eating all the right stuff, but be more specific. You have to eat the right foods yah, but not all at one time. Spread it out, and cordinate it with your workouts. When you lift dont do too much, start heavy, do little sets. It takes time, You would of been big if you hadnt started with the bowflex, im tellin ya. Just keep at it, and stick to the free weights.

WESIDA has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WESIDA has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WESIDA has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WESIDA has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WESIDA has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WESIDA has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WESIDA has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WESIDA has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WESIDA has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WESIDA has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WESIDA has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

Re: Re: frustrated i need help dont know what the hell i can do

Originally posted by BIGnaturalBROCK
    yo bro, dont give up so easily, post a sample of your diet, your training (exercises,.sets,reps) and how much sleep you usually get, do you do any cardio, etc.
    by the way you need progressive overload to have ur muscles change, so u gotta change stuff up even if its just lifting heavier weight, or adding a set from week to week.
    Bump to this guy. EVERYTHING gotta be in place to start gaining weight

Training: Do heavy sets, 6-8 reps for sets. or even 4-6
    Nutrition: This is very important man, if you really wanna gain count your calories, PERIOD!. count your calories this way you'll know u r getting enough nutrients
    Sleep and rest: You need to sleep and rest for your muscle to grow.

also you need a good training routine, that one you posted you are neglecting some body parts. do u train at home, gym?

Post a sample of your diet bro, and your routine (exercises..)

RiK is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RiK is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RiK is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RiK is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RiK is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RiK is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RiK is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RiK is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RiK is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RiK is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RiK is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    How much do you weigh, how tall are you?

I train at home, and my diet is kind of like this

Morning:
    pancakes or cereal, fruit, and milk

dont really eat anything at school cuz the food is crap so i eat a bag of chips and have a bottle of water

Afternoon:
    Come home and eat a sandwich, either a turkey sandwich or a grilled burger w/ milk

2 hrs later ill eat a turkey sandwich w/ some fruit and milk

Dinner:

I usually eat a grilled chicken breast or steak, and I have vegetables like potatoes or veggie pasta and some garlic bread

My workouts are like this:

Chest: Bench press, incline bench press usually 3 sets of each

Biceps: Barbell curl, Seated d/bell curls 3 sets each

Legs: Squats, leg curls 3-4 sets each

Shoulders: Military Press ( cant do well because of the difference in arm lenghts), d/b press, 3 sets each

Triceps: Pulldowns, Seated Triceps press 3 sets each

Back: Deadlifts, lat pulldowns 3 sets each

Thats my exercises i usually do, my thing is that most barbell exercises i cant do right because of my arm length difference i mean I concentrate as much as i can on good form but i cant do it perfect cuz my arms arent the same length.

and im 5'11" 165

Diesel likes my sausage EmperialChina's Avatar
    EmperialChina is just really nice. (+1000) EmperialChina is just really nice. (+1000) EmperialChina is just really nice. (+1000) EmperialChina is just really nice. (+1000) EmperialChina is just really nice. (+1000) EmperialChina is just really nice. (+1000) EmperialChina is just really nice. (+1000) EmperialChina is just really nice. (+1000) EmperialChina is just really nice. (+1000) EmperialChina is just really nice. (+1000) EmperialChina is just really nice. (+1000)
    Were you able to gain muscle even when you left the bowflex? If not, then is the bowflex even the culprit? I am not trying to stick up for the Bowflex, but if this guy didn't gain muscle through using other forms of training blaming it all on the Bowflex is b/s and a bit misleading. I mean from what he said, even with the BowFlex I would have expected him to have a bit more of a gain...resistance is resitance (debatle yes of course, but lets not flame)

I have a weight bench in the basement, along with a Crossbow, and that thing is pretty intense, yes its not very good for the legs and such (not saying it is a holy machine at all) but the bench press on that is pretty tight.