Ligbet has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

What food products to improve oxygen utiliazation and increase ATP?

I am an endurance athlete (soccer) and was looking at BB's store and found two intriguing products:

Cordygen5 http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/ms/cord.html
    Optygen http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/first/opt.html

Both of these products increase Oxygen Utilization, increase ATP 30, enhance Aerobic & Anaerobic Recovery, and increase Training Intensity which is especially what I am looking for as a soccer player.

However I really don't want to take these supplements because the side effects and future effects are not known, and it seems too good to be true to get so much without having to sacrifice anything in return. Therefore, I am looking for natural foods that will help me achieve the same effects as these supplements. For example pomegranates improve oxygen flow in the blood. What other fruits out there help with increasing ATP and oxygen utilization?

Thanks

Strongman1980 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Strongman1980 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Strongman1980 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Strongman1980 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Strongman1980 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Strongman1980 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Ligbet View Post
    I am an endurance athlete (soccer) and was looking at BB's store and found two intriguing products:

Cordygen5 http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/ms/cord.html
    Optygen http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/first/opt.html

Both of these products increase Oxygen Utilization, increase ATP 30, enhance Aerobic & Anaerobic Recovery, and increase Training Intensity which is especially what I am looking for as a soccer player.

However I really don't want to take these supplements because the side effects and future effects are not known, and it seems too good to be true to get so much without having to sacrifice anything in return. Therefore, I am looking for natural foods that will help me achieve the same effects as these supplements. For example pomegranates improve oxygen flow in the blood. What other fruits out there help with increasing ATP and oxygen utilization?

Thanks
    creatine monohydrate can but that is a supplement

alexclark will become famous soon enough. (+50) alexclark will become famous soon enough. (+50) alexclark will become famous soon enough. (+50) alexclark will become famous soon enough. (+50) alexclark will become famous soon enough. (+50) alexclark will become famous soon enough. (+50) alexclark will become famous soon enough. (+50) alexclark will become famous soon enough. (+50) alexclark will become famous soon enough. (+50) alexclark will become famous soon enough. (+50) alexclark will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I'd go with creatine monohydrate, those other ones will probably be a waste of time and money.

If you haven't used creatine before read this http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/vinced5.htm

He must be on creatine! slaydox's Avatar
    slaydox is a jewel in the rough. (+500) slaydox is a jewel in the rough. (+500) slaydox is a jewel in the rough. (+500) slaydox is a jewel in the rough. (+500) slaydox is a jewel in the rough. (+500) slaydox is a jewel in the rough. (+500) slaydox is a jewel in the rough. (+500) slaydox is a jewel in the rough. (+500) slaydox is a jewel in the rough. (+500) slaydox is a jewel in the rough. (+500) slaydox is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Creatine FTW great for ATP production

SaintPatty is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SaintPatty is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SaintPatty is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SaintPatty is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SaintPatty is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SaintPatty is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SaintPatty is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SaintPatty is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SaintPatty is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SaintPatty is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SaintPatty is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by slaydox View Post
    Creatine FTW great for ATP production
    Agreed. And if you're looking for real food sources, beef and buffalo meat have the highest natural creatine content of pretty much any type of food, from what I understand.
    I'm not in this for the trophy; I'm in it for the hypertrophy.

Environ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Environ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Environ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Environ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Environ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Environ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Environ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Environ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Environ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Environ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Environ is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Those two supplements are a pile of junk. I did a quick search on the ingredients and found some independent studies which failed to show that they had any benefits for oxygen utilisation. Unfortunately, creatine isn't much use for aerobic activities.

Your training is where you will increase your oxygen utilisation, not your diet. In terms of ATP regeneration, ATP is replenished very quickly provided you have the building blocks available to do so. That means that you are getting adequate amounts of carbohydrates. INcidentally, soccer is not really an endurance event. It's a combination of anaerobic and aerobic activity (e.g. short sprints interspersed with longer periods of less intense activity).
    ***Irish Misc Crew***

Out of my mind, back in 5 minutes.

ISSA CFT, SPN, FT, SSC, SFN
    NSCA CSCS

in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    There's no substitute for working the high-end energy systems hard. To become faster, you need to increase your anaerobic endurance, improve your lactate tolerance / lactate clearance system, and improve your aerobic capacity / VO2MAX.

Even though you don't want supplements, possible supplement options include: Beta-Alanine, Bicarbonates, Phosphates, Citrulline Malate, Rhodiola, Cordyceps, Inosine ...

Non-supplemental options include: Power Lung / POWERBreathe ...
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.