warmonster has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

How should I get rid of body fat???

ok, I'm new to this forum, I'm 15 years old, 210lbs
    body fat % ?? , I can benchpress 235, and my bicep is 16".

So, my problem is, i dunno how i should get rid of fat! I've worked to complete my first goal, which was get strong with big muscles. So now i need to work on my next one and that is, losing body fat. Basically the place my fat is is arround my waist and lower back and abdomen. So how should i get rid of it? Crunches deffinetly didn't work, that just made my abs huge and kept the fat, i'm trying to stay away from almost all fats in foods. But what should I be eating? Also, I want to eat enough to where I still will gain muscle.

Sometimes i get so confused i just say screw exercising and eating right, so i just use my weightlifting program, I don't lose muscle doing that, but I do gain fat. So any suggestions would be great!

And, I'm not a bodybuilder or anything, and I have never, and probly will never compete.

thanks!
    Last edited by warmonster; 04-18-2002 at 06:25 PM.

vespen has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    You need to go on a trimming regiment. Work out with reps of 30 8 to 10 sets or even more if you can do it. A good way to burn up fat is to work out your legs really hard. They make up most of your body mass, so therfore require the most energy. Dont work out with heavy weights because your legs will get disproportionate to your body. work out with lighter weights at high reps. Do reps of 50 if you can. Plus you mentioned that you cut out the fat. Well, when you go on a fat burning regiment you need to lower your carbs also. Eat mainly protien. dont cut out your carbs completely, but get them from fruits and vegetables only. Do not eat junk food and do not eat refined sugars. Also stay away from white bread and things of that nature. It be even better if you cut out bread, but some people can't do that. Try to limit your intake on bread as much as possible and if you have to eat bread eat high fiber bread. You can do some cardio also like running or biking. Also, by some fat burners like hydroxy cut. One thing to remember don't stay on this regiment. You can do it for a month the first time to trim down. Then go back on a strength training diet even if you didn't lose all you wanted. Eat lots of carbs and protien stay away from fat while strength training. Alternate The strenth training and fat burning regiment every two weeks.When you get down to your desired weight you can work out the diet as you see fit. For more detail on the types of carbs and protien you should eat on your strength training diet the internet has alot of body building resources.

If you want some proof as to whether I know what i'm talking about or not. when I was 16 I was benching 300 and leg pressing 850 for three sets of 30. I wore size 31 pants and had almost no body fat. I was fat before I decided to work out. this only took me three months with no steroids or any other type of illegal drugs.

Dont give up. The fact that you can gain weight is good. the same mechanisms that go into storing fat are some of the same mechanisms that go into building muscle. Which means its easier for you to build muscle than some little 100 pound kid who cant seem to gain weight no matter how much they eat. You just have to work harder on watching your body fat. Another thing is you are only 15 and the fact that you lift that much is awesome. you're probably around 4 times stronger than an average 15 year old.
    Last edited by vespen; 04-18-2002 at 07:53 AM.

kmac12 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kmac12 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kmac12 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kmac12 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kmac12 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kmac12 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kmac12 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kmac12 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kmac12 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kmac12 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kmac12 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Whatever you do, do not take this guys advice about the high reps. 50 is way too much!!

For toning, you should do 10-12 and maybe 15. Anything above that is too high.

For bulking, you should do 6-8.

The main way to get the body that you want is too...

Maintain a healthy diet
    Start a total body workout routine that includes cardio
    Maybe include some supps (protein, multi-vitamin definately)

Look through the workout programs and meal plans that some others have posted on this site.

You will do fine.

Warblade has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    He's 15.. You're telling him to buy Hydroxycut? He's a big guy, 200 lbs, but, still. It just seems wrong. Shouldn't be messing with supps except for protein until he's done maturing.

Look, that is very good advice because it works. If you read what I was lifting when I was 16 thats proof enough that i know what I'm talking about. I had to quit working out for personal reasons. I just recently started working out again after a few years. I've been working out for only a few months and I'm already benching 400 and using 70's for dumbell curls. I started out with 40's. I've never touched steroids or anything else illegal either. 50 reps is fine for your legs if you want to trim up. I went from three sets of 10 with 450 to three sets of 30 with 850 in three months when I was sixteen. legs can take whatever you give them. Its almost impossible to overwork them. He needs to use light weights though. Look, just try it for a few weeks and see.
    I didn't mean he should take hydroxy cut specifically. It was the first fat burner that popped into my mind. Actually you should stay away from things that contain ephedrine. It's not too good for your heart. But the other main ingredients are pretty harmless.
    Last edited by vespen; 04-18-2002 at 03:07 PM.

Most of the people on this board are going to disagree with you vespen. Why waste your time doing 50 reps when you can just lift heavy and get it in 6-8. Cutting doesn't require any change in your workout routine, just add cardio 3 times a week for 20-25 minutes and you'll get there. Also don't forget diet. That'll keep you fat no matter how hard you train.

jaknap has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I agree with Warblade.
    Originally posted by vespen
    legs can take whatever you give them. Its almost impossible to overwork them. He needs to use light weights though.
    Saying that legs can take whatever you give them is quite wrong - all muscles need time to recover. And what's the deal with doing 50 reps with light weights? The weight won't be heavy enough to build muscle, and if you're after burning calories it'd be better to stick with an intense cardio session. When you lose fat, you lose it from all over your body - targetting fat-loss in specific areas is really not possible.

I know they might dissagree, but most of the people on this message board are proud because they can bench 200 pounds or you have the steroids pumping freaks. I am all natural, and I see results very quickly. Leg workouts burn more energy than almost any workout, so if he wants to burn fat than doing this will definately get the job done quick. Like i said before legs can take a beating , so he should be fine. Alot of people do things your way and dont see good results. I know because I work out with them. They see results but nothing near what I achieve. All he needs to do is try and see if it works if it doesn't then fine don't do it anymore.

I should know because I had to change pant sizes because my legs wouldn't fit in pants of my waist size. He doesn't want to build muscle he wants to lose fat and this amount of workout will draw on alot of resources in his body causing him to lose fat. I worked the crap out of my legs and they got bigger and bigger. I would put all of the weights on the leg extention machine and do like 6 sets of 20. I would give up because I was getting bored. people would accuse me of using steroids all the time, but i dont. I never have and never will.

warmonster, I have had great success. It worked for me. I don't have big frame either. It was hard work. What i'm telling you will work.

stangs is just really nice. (+1000) stangs is just really nice. (+1000) stangs is just really nice. (+1000) stangs is just really nice. (+1000) stangs is just really nice. (+1000) stangs is just really nice. (+1000) stangs is just really nice. (+1000) stangs is just really nice. (+1000) stangs is just really nice. (+1000) stangs is just really nice. (+1000) stangs is just really nice. (+1000)
    In my opinion, diet/nutrition sounds like what you need to work on here. As for myself, this took a very very long time to get used to, considering i started when I was 15. I noticed you said your not into getting bigger and such, so stick with healthy foods. Don't worry about much else. Now, since you want to lose weight, you may lose muscle in case ya didn't know that. Obviously gains will slow or even decrease in cases. But if you would like to keep your gains/strength, try out protein, its great. Just eat clean, hell maybe try jogging? Up to you ultimately.

As for the 50 reps on the legs, I can go both ways on that. I wouldn't make a habit of it though. Every once in awhile i'll do a lot of reps on leg extensions, but not very often. I'd try around 10-12 reps.

warmonster has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

hmmm

ok, heres my workout program, i know its not that much, but it works for me, or has been anyways, bu ti want your guys advice on how to improve.

1st day,
    military press:4sets of 10-12
    decline bench:3sets of 10-12
    bench press: 3sets of 10-12

2nd day,
    Legs, and diffrent exercises

3rd day,
    bent rows:4set of 10-15
    wide grip curls:3sets of 10-12
    close grip curls:3sets of 10-12

4th day,
    rest

then i start over again, I also take a protein(egg protein) shake with alot of chocolate syrup, everynight, without the syrup it tastes horrible! I put in 2 tablespoons, it say thats like 23 gm of protein, is that enough? Also, I have strechmarks right where my bicep connects to my pecs, I think its because when i lift my muscles get really big when i'm lifting but by the next day they're normal again. Why is that? So tell me wut you think! thanks!!
    Last edited by warmonster; 04-18-2002 at 06:22 PM.

If you're doing 3 days a week, why not split them up to monday wednesday friday? Just an observation. I suppose if you want to do more exercises not based on a week, then this will work.

Personally I don't do decline bench. I've read it doesn't stimulate anything more than flat does. Maybe replace decline with incline?

Aren't we trying to lose weight here? where's the cardio? 2-3 times a week, 20-30 mins a session. That should be good.

How's your diet? You can excersise all you want, but if that diet isn't in shape, neither will you be.

If you want to hold on to muscle (and you will), try getting a whey protein. EAS Simply Whey is pretty good, and relatively cheap. Whey is good because it digests quickly. So, after your workouts, have one of those shakes and you can recover from your workout faster.

Kasyx is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kasyx is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kasyx is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kasyx is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kasyx is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kasyx is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kasyx is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kasyx is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kasyx is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kasyx is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kasyx is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    If you want my 2 cents I say try to implement a little cardio into your workout routine. Watch what you eat (limit intake of starches - rice, bread, potatoes), stick with a steady weight training schedule and try doing 20 mins cardio 3 times a week. You do not have to run, but try to get the heart rate up and sweat. The pounds will come off. Good luck.
    "Of all the things that I have lost......I miss my mind the most."

.::Misc Lurker Crew::.