canuck195 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) canuck195 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) canuck195 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) canuck195 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) canuck195 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) canuck195 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) canuck195 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) canuck195 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) canuck195 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) canuck195 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) canuck195 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

Sharp pain in elbows when doing Tricep Ext.

I experience a lot of pain in my elbows when I am performing tricep extensions (I use dumbells)..is this common?

Are Tricep Extensions hard on teh elbows and what exericses should I perform instead for my triceps? (I already do dips)

cw78 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Talking

have you tried heavy weighted dips done really slow? that should give BIG horse shoes!

MightyMac has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I get a pain in my elbow too, doing the extensions, but it seems to only bother me for the first set. So I do a light warm up set so I don't get the pain with the heavy sets. Maybe give that a try.
    Hope it helps.
    It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog.

gladiator8982 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    It's all about warmin up before your work sets man. I get the elbow pain if I go right into it too

canuck195 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) canuck195 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) canuck195 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) canuck195 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) canuck195 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) canuck195 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) canuck195 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) canuck195 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) canuck195 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) canuck195 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) canuck195 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Do you simply use lighter weights to warm up?

jordangoku is on a distinguished road. (+10) jordangoku is on a distinguished road. (+10) jordangoku is on a distinguished road. (+10) jordangoku is on a distinguished road. (+10) jordangoku is on a distinguished road. (+10) jordangoku is on a distinguished road. (+10) jordangoku is on a distinguished road. (+10) jordangoku is on a distinguished road. (+10) jordangoku is on a distinguished road. (+10) jordangoku is on a distinguished road. (+10) jordangoku is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I had pain in my elbows to from going down to far on the negative phase doing dumbell extension. But, I fixed that problem. When doing over head dumbell extensions only come down to where your hand is in the level with the center part of the back of your head. I haven't had any pain in my elbows since I started doing it this way.
    I can do all things through christ which strentheneth me.

Philippians 4:13

cramron is just really nice. (+1000) cramron is just really nice. (+1000) cramron is just really nice. (+1000) cramron is just really nice. (+1000) cramron is just really nice. (+1000) cramron is just really nice. (+1000) cramron is just really nice. (+1000) cramron is just really nice. (+1000) cramron is just really nice. (+1000) cramron is just really nice. (+1000) cramron is just really nice. (+1000)

Re: Sharp pain in elbows when doing Tricep Ext.

Originally posted by canuck195
    I experience a lot of pain in my elbows when I am performing tricep extensions (I use dumbells)..is this common?

Are Tricep Extensions hard on teh elbows and what exericses should I perform instead for my triceps? (I already do dips)
    LISTEN TO ME!!!! DO NOT DO ANY MORE EXTENTIONS IF YOU WANT TO CONTINUE BODYBUILDING!!!!! most people can do extentions without any sharpe pain in elbows, and then there are some people that just cant do them, we cnat do them, i dont do extentions at all, i get a very sharpe pain in my elbows jsut like you, only do close grip benches and dips, thats all u need for mass anyways, besides extentions are for pussies!!!

SyNeRgY has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SyNeRgY has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SyNeRgY has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SyNeRgY has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SyNeRgY has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SyNeRgY has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SyNeRgY has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SyNeRgY has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SyNeRgY has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SyNeRgY has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SyNeRgY has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Re: Sharp pain in elbows when doing Tricep Ext.

Originally posted by canuck195

Drink more water... Water plays a huge roll on your joints... Cant think of the scientific name off the top of my head, but try drinking more water through-out the day and during your work-out.
    *spot for sale- low monthly rates*

Nayl is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Nayl is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Nayl is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Nayl is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Nayl is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Nayl is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Nayl is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Nayl is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Nayl is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Nayl is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Nayl is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    stop doing them, it's not like you need that exercise.