Becks23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

sports / reduced carbs

I play a pretty high level of sports, and as i read these articles, many state that you should reduce carbs.

But won't this have a negative effect on my sports performance (decreased energy etc)?

rmatic1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    atkins crazed fans state you should eat a diet based on very little carbs. However, thats just a bunch of horse ****, unless your using a low carb diet for cutting (which isant gonna last forever)you need carbs to function.

If your very active you need carbs, just make sure their healthy. I.e Oatmeal, brown rice, 100 percent wholegrain breads, yams, veggies and whatnot.

bkman4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bkman4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bkman4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bkman4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bkman4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bkman4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bkman4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bkman4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bkman4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bkman4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bkman4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    goals?
    Hit the Wall, Tear it Down!! - Wildman

speda1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) speda1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) speda1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) speda1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) speda1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) speda1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) speda1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) speda1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) speda1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) speda1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) speda1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    The benefits of carbohydrates on sports performance has to be one of the most studied/best documented issues in nutrition. If sports performance is your primary goal, take your carbs.

Though you could reduce carbs offseason for improved body composition...