Thread: shin splints

mroc888 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Thumbs down shin splints

i got shin splints when i went running...annoying and hurt like hell...anything i can do so that it wont happen again?

lifter_dude has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    try working the shin muscles, weight your feet then lift your toes.

that fixed mine.
    if you dont even try for one more rep, what is the point?

Scandinavian Strength Haider254's Avatar
    Haider254 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Haider254 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Haider254 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Haider254 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Haider254 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Haider254 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Haider254 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Haider254 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Haider254 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Haider254 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Haider254 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    theres something on tv about it here in the UK right now, we got a show where "celebraties" (Z list) are competing in olympic things, they have a guy on from boy zone who has it. i don't think there is much you can apart from stretch and bare the pain short term, belows a link on some info i found tho, i didn't read it so if my above statement was BS jus ignore it.

http://mi.eng.cam.ac.uk/~kmk/shin_splint.html

http://www.pponline.co.uk/encyc/0279.htm

http://www.runnersworld.com/home/0%2...-529%2C00.html
    " 'Hey buddy, my daddy died for that flag.'
    'Really? I bought mine. Yeah, they sell them at K-Mart and ****.'
    'He died in the Korean War.'
    'Wow, what a coincidence. Mine was made in Korea.'
    No one – and I repeat, no one – has ever died for a flag. See, a flag ... is just a piece of cloth. They may have died for freedom, which is also the freedom to burn the ****in' flag, see. That's freedom."

- Bill Hicks
    1961-1994

Does this look infected? italian stallio's Avatar
    italian stallio is on a distinguished road. (+10) italian stallio is on a distinguished road. (+10) italian stallio is on a distinguished road. (+10) italian stallio is on a distinguished road. (+10) italian stallio is on a distinguished road. (+10) italian stallio is on a distinguished road. (+10) italian stallio is on a distinguished road. (+10) italian stallio is on a distinguished road. (+10) italian stallio is on a distinguished road. (+10) italian stallio is on a distinguished road. (+10) italian stallio is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Re: shin splints

Originally posted by mroc888
    i got shin splints when i went running...annoying and hurt like hell...anything i can do so that it wont happen again?
    stop being a pussy?

mroc888 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Re: Re: shin splints

Originally posted by italian stallio
    stop being a pussy?
    ya ok you ****ing ***

Registered User KillswitchNgage's Avatar
    KillswitchNgage is just really nice. (+1000) KillswitchNgage is just really nice. (+1000) KillswitchNgage is just really nice. (+1000) KillswitchNgage is just really nice. (+1000) KillswitchNgage is just really nice. (+1000) KillswitchNgage is just really nice. (+1000) KillswitchNgage is just really nice. (+1000) KillswitchNgage is just really nice. (+1000) KillswitchNgage is just really nice. (+1000) KillswitchNgage is just really nice. (+1000) KillswitchNgage is just really nice. (+1000)
    Get on the edge of a stair and rapidly lift your toes and flex your shin. Don't even bother counting reps, just do it as fast as you can until you fatigue. I usually do this when I do calves.
    If this is what the world has made me, then let it live with the consequences - Undying

One chance is one too much, honor isn't cheap and trust comes tough - The Promise

[CURRENT STATS]

[Age] - 20
    [Weight] - 192
    [Height] - 5'8"
    [Bench] - 374.5 (comp)
    [Deadlift] - 500 (gym)
    [Squat] - 415 x 3 (gym)

Mod @ www.gorillabarbell.net/forums
    Refuel Test Log - http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?p=16274031#post16274031

Oliveira689 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Oliveira689 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Oliveira689 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Oliveira689 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Oliveira689 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Oliveira689 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Oliveira689 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Oliveira689 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Oliveira689 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Oliveira689 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Oliveira689 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    just run more.. everyone will get them as soon as anyone starts any new cario/running exercise
    Age - 14
    Height - 5'6"
    Weight - 182

Box Squat - 475x4
    Bench Press - 200
    Power Cleans - 185
    40 Yard Dash - 4.97

STUPIDIEST STATEMENT AWARD

"Lifting weights will shrink your muscles..."

MEASURMENTS

I have only been able to measure arms and legs

Arms - About 15"
    Legs - 26"

Registered User KillswitchNgage's Avatar
    KillswitchNgage is just really nice. (+1000) KillswitchNgage is just really nice. (+1000) KillswitchNgage is just really nice. (+1000) KillswitchNgage is just really nice. (+1000) KillswitchNgage is just really nice. (+1000) KillswitchNgage is just really nice. (+1000) KillswitchNgage is just really nice. (+1000) KillswitchNgage is just really nice. (+1000) KillswitchNgage is just really nice. (+1000) KillswitchNgage is just really nice. (+1000) KillswitchNgage is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally posted by Oliveira689
    just run more.. everyone will get them as soon as anyone starts any new cario/running exercise
    Long distance running is the cause of it. Your calves are trained a ton when you do long distance running, so if they don't train the shins in return, the calf gets a lot larger than the shin muscle and causes the shin splint. I remember one day I did interval running on the track at school, I would sprint on the straight aways and jog around the corners, my shins were sore for the longest time after that.
    If this is what the world has made me, then let it live with the consequences - Undying

One chance is one too much, honor isn't cheap and trust comes tough - The Promise

[CURRENT STATS]

[Age] - 20
    [Weight] - 192
    [Height] - 5'8"
    [Bench] - 374.5 (comp)
    [Deadlift] - 500 (gym)
    [Squat] - 415 x 3 (gym)

Mod @ www.gorillabarbell.net/forums
    Refuel Test Log - http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?p=16274031#post16274031

Registered User Pump that iron!'s Avatar
    Pump that iron! is just really nice. (+1000) Pump that iron! is just really nice. (+1000) Pump that iron! is just really nice. (+1000) Pump that iron! is just really nice. (+1000) Pump that iron! is just really nice. (+1000) Pump that iron! is just really nice. (+1000) Pump that iron! is just really nice. (+1000) Pump that iron! is just really nice. (+1000) Pump that iron! is just really nice. (+1000) Pump that iron! is just really nice. (+1000) Pump that iron! is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally posted by KillswitchNgage
    Long distance running is the cause of it. Your calves are trained a ton when you do long distance running, so if they don't train the shins in return, the calf gets a lot larger than the shin muscle and causes the shin splint. I remember one day I did interval running on the track at school, I would sprint on the straight aways and jog around the corners, my shins were sore for the longest time after that.
    Well, this makes a lot of sense. My calves just overmatch my shins by far. My shins take a beating whenever I do running for an extended period of time.
    I rep back for those with 1k+ rep power.

Aetolos has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Re: Re: shin splints

mroc888 - Yeah they suck and hurt really bad. I have them too. Make sure you keep icing them and do a lot of calf/shin strengthening exercises. Try "duck walks" to warm your shins up before you run. Duck walks are when you walk on your heels and keep your toes in the air.
    2005 PIAA Track & Field State Championships - Lane 4, here I come.

Go Eagles!

Waxesponge49 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Waxesponge49 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Waxesponge49 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Waxesponge49 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Waxesponge49 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Waxesponge49 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Waxesponge49 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Waxesponge49 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Waxesponge49 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Waxesponge49 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Waxesponge49 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I hear that you can just run it out once you get shin splints and it will eventually go away.
    And she says it natural, I feel I've come of age, when she peaks I start to run