Dan101 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dan101 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dan101 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dan101 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dan101 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dan101 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dan101 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dan101 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dan101 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dan101 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dan101 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Training related crap you have been told...

Hi guys and girls,

Please post any 'stories' you have heard from people regarding training. In other words, what crap have you had to listen to from people relating bodybuilding.

Heres my example. A few months back I was giving bodybuilding advice on a comic message board (dont ask why) and I advised someone to take up training and told him the basics. Then, at most one week later he replied saying he had started bodybuilding and is already gaining mass and his arms and chest are looking pumped and full. This is in less than a week. He was actually saying he grew and got alot stronger in a week and get this, the only supplement he was taking was amino acids. Now if you can make gains like that in a week using amino acids, I want some.

I know beginners always can more at the start, but his claims were ridiculous.

So come on, lets hear your stories.
    Original board member since 1999

Username is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Username is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Username is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Username is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Username is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Username is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Username is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Username is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Username is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Username is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Username is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I heard you must throw chalk over your right shoulder every time you cut one in the gym. Bad Voo-Doo if you don't.

But for real...

Some guy wanted to ban the rocker in my old gym because he said it was the same as lifting with your back. I guess we should ban the bench since it is the same as lifting with your chest.

Hahaha...gotta love it
    I got an ow-ie.

LIFT HARD!!!

hopper is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hopper is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hopper is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hopper is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hopper is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hopper is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hopper is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hopper is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hopper is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hopper is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hopper is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

here ya go

this kid is used to friends with (but now i cant stand him) and i were talking on the phone once...and we were talking about BB cuz i was just getting into it...not he had a better built tahn me cuz he is much shorter and has a differnt body type (not from being Mr fit or anything just naturally bigeer tahn me) now i have done my share of reading up and was on my way to train correctly ....every body part once per week...and the whole nine yards....this retard starts telling me taht i am working out way too little to make any gains and this is not how you build muscle...so i go " why dont you tell me how to build muscle" he said something along the lines of that you build muscle by working out in the gym and TURNING FAT INTO MUSCLE literary!!! he is also one of those people who believes that you grow strictly from lifting weights and EATING has nothing to do with it....and by the sound of things he prolly believes taht you grow in the gym!!!
    anyways i pretty much hung up the phone right there...
    cant stand taht kid !
    hopper

joehagyHH has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    lol... well this isnt crap, but my grandpa said i am getting to big today( currently 255 at 6'2")before thanksgiving dinner. i love him to death, but he talked about it for 30 minutes about how lifting is bad. i wanted him to go stuff something other than the turkey.

Dorian has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    And at his age I am sure he would ahve een happy even get the gumption to go stuff something else.
    Joe dang it all consarn you , you young whippersnapper you are getting to big. don't you know that **** will make you retarded?

John G has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) John G has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) John G has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) John G has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) John G has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) John G has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) John G has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) John G has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    lolol...man you do that well

damnJeff damnJeff damnJeff damnJeff damnJeff damnJeff damnJeff damnJeff damnJeff damnJeff damnJeff

Talking

255 at 6'2? Geezus Christ! Hopefully I'll be that weight around 2-3 years from now

Jeff
    "Sometimes you just feel tired, you feel weak. And when you feel weak you feel like you just wanna give up. But you gotta search within you and try to find that inner strength and just pull that **** out of you and get that motivation to not give up and not be a quitter no matter how bad you just wanna fall flat on your face and collapse." - Eminem

Ruthless4Life is a name known to all. (+5000) Ruthless4Life is a name known to all. (+5000) Ruthless4Life is a name known to all. (+5000) Ruthless4Life is a name known to all. (+5000) Ruthless4Life is a name known to all. (+5000) Ruthless4Life is a name known to all. (+5000) Ruthless4Life is a name known to all. (+5000) Ruthless4Life is a name known to all. (+5000) Ruthless4Life is a name known to all. (+5000) Ruthless4Life is a name known to all. (+5000) Ruthless4Life is a name known to all. (+5000)
    lol......my friend always say something like "turn fat into muscle" too.... thats just...annoying.... if he was right how come he didn't turn his fat into muscle??

Latts has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Latts has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Latts has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Latts has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Latts has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Latts has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    One of my favorites is when people that you train to much is you lift five days a week. I guess they don't realize that by subdivideing the muscles you work you get a better work out and then you have more time to recover. Instead of hitting the same muscle group every other time you lift.

Latts has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Latts has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Latts has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Latts has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Latts has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Latts has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I almost forgot. I love it when people say that you can train you abs every day since they recover faster than other body parts. What kinda crap is that. Muscle's muscle. Period

Stabroz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stabroz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stabroz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stabroz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stabroz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stabroz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stabroz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stabroz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stabroz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stabroz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stabroz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    - if you keep working out , soon your not going to be able to move
    your arms and legs

-dont lift too heavy , you will kill yourself

-dont lift heavy unless your takeing steroids

-what do you want to get big for??

n when your working out n u see some d00d doing , barbell curls followed by concentration curls , followed by preacher curls , followed by cable curls , followed by alternate curls
    n they do 4 sets each

lol!!!!

n u ask them why they are doing soo much n they tell u that coz they only work them once a week that they are some kind of hardcore person n there biceps need that much work , then after all that u see them go train their legs n they end up in the gym for over 2 n a half hours

600lbs is a name known to all. (+5000) 600lbs is a name known to all. (+5000) 600lbs is a name known to all. (+5000) 600lbs is a name known to all. (+5000) 600lbs is a name known to all. (+5000) 600lbs is a name known to all. (+5000) 600lbs is a name known to all. (+5000) 600lbs is a name known to all. (+5000) 600lbs is a name known to all. (+5000) 600lbs is a name known to all. (+5000) 600lbs is a name known to all. (+5000)
    " Don't ever look like one of big muscles guy who poses. if you get like that you will get saggy tits when you get old "

" Dont lift big because you'll break your neck "

" If you strain your muscles more they will break "

All comments from my grandma.

I still love her tho
    train hard and you will get results!

i dont know about my grandpa Dorian.... hes a minister( chaplin for the PD) but hes a PIMP. everywhere i go all the girls, young and new, like talk to him and crap. maybe he is stuffing something else.........

dorian, i dont need to worry bout that. im already retarded.... my parents will find this out too when my grades are sent home! ( lol 2-c's a B and an A wont cut it in my house for some reason).

i was also told one time to workout my legs everyday cause they were my largest muscle group.... hehehe... man i am suprise i remember that. that was BACK IN THE DAY!