Location: Plymouth, South West England, United Kingdom (Great Britain)
    Chris-Plymouth has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Chris-Plymouth has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Chris-Plymouth has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Chris-Plymouth has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Chris-Plymouth has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Chris-Plymouth has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Chris-Plymouth has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Chris-Plymouth has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Chris-Plymouth has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Chris-Plymouth has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Chris-Plymouth has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

What do you think of my upper body routine?

I've been training on and off for years but i've finally got my own place and a gym room so heres my routine i've just started. 1 minute rest between each set:

Bench press: 12, 10, 8, 6, 12 (putting the weight up after each set apart from last where i go back to starting weight)
    Flat flying: 12 (2 mins rest then next bodypart)

Military press: 12, 10, 8, 6, 12
    Sideraises: 12 (2 mins rest then next bodypart)

Bent over rowing: 12, 10, 8, 6, 12
    Pullovers: 12 (2 mins rest then next bodypart)

Barbell Curls: 12, 10, 8, 6, 12
    Dumbell Curls: 12 (2 mins rest then next bodypart)

Situps: 30, 30, 30.

This is pretty intense and i love it, takes about 50-55mins. Mon-Weds-Fri.

I forgot to say every rep i do is 4 seconds down 2 seconds up.
    Last edited by Chris-Plymouth; 11-26-2009 at 09:38 PM.

bigtallox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bigtallox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bigtallox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bigtallox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bigtallox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bigtallox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bigtallox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bigtallox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bigtallox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bigtallox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bigtallox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Chris-Plymouth View Post
    (snip)
    This is pretty intense and i love it, takes about 50-55mins. Mon-Weds-Fri.

Since you asked...

What do you think of my upper body routine?
    ... To be nice, all I can say is that it would never be my routine.

I forgot to say every rep i do is 4 seconds down 2 seconds up.
    EVERY REP? Are you serious? There is a lot of benefit in training dynamic effort, ie for speed.
    Qualifying for long drive contest with 328 yard drive
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DKrGuFlqhaA

2017 Utah State Longest drive. This one went 328 and got me into finals
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lx-_3HrZzI4

2017 Rockwell challenge. 325 yards
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VeuB2rPMcBA

TheElephantman is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheElephantman is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheElephantman is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheElephantman is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheElephantman is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheElephantman is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheElephantman is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheElephantman is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheElephantman is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheElephantman is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheElephantman is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    i guess the question you want to ask is, How is it working for you?
    "Restlessness is discontent, discontent is the beginning of all progress, show me a thoroughly satisfied man and i'll show you a failure" -Thomas Edison

Smartpart will become famous soon enough. (+50) Smartpart will become famous soon enough. (+50) Smartpart will become famous soon enough. (+50) Smartpart will become famous soon enough. (+50) Smartpart will become famous soon enough. (+50) Smartpart will become famous soon enough. (+50) Smartpart will become famous soon enough. (+50) Smartpart will become famous soon enough. (+50) Smartpart will become famous soon enough. (+50) Smartpart will become famous soon enough. (+50) Smartpart will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Bad for building muscle imo... If you are lifting hard, like you should be if you have been training for "years," you shouldn't be benching three times a week. And it also looks like chicken legs to me.

Nick1971 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Nick1971 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Nick1971 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Nick1971 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Nick1971 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Nick1971 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Nick1971 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Nick1971 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Nick1971 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Nick1971 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Nick1971 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    The exercise selection isn't bad, but what do you do on the lower body days? I hope that's not it. I'd also recommend straight sets, as it's easier to deal with the weight, not having to change anything up between sets.
    --- Nick ---

Location: Plymouth, South West England, United Kingdom (Great Britain)
    Chris-Plymouth has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Chris-Plymouth has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Chris-Plymouth has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Chris-Plymouth has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Chris-Plymouth has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Chris-Plymouth has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Chris-Plymouth has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Chris-Plymouth has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Chris-Plymouth has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Chris-Plymouth has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Chris-Plymouth has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by bigtallox View Post
    Since you asked...

... To be nice, all I can say is that it would never be my routine.

EVERY REP? Are you serious? There is a lot of benefit in training dynamic effort, ie for speed.
    Yeh im serious, its from this book called "body for life".

Heres a link: bodyforlife.com/exercise/weighttraining.asp

And to the guy who said i've got "chicken legs" i said i've been training for years off and on, now i can finally train properly cause i have the equipment in my house so i will keep it up.

You can try and taunt me but it doesnt work, one of the reasons i started training was because of people like you.

Smartpart will become famous soon enough. (+50) Smartpart will become famous soon enough. (+50) Smartpart will become famous soon enough. (+50) Smartpart will become famous soon enough. (+50) Smartpart will become famous soon enough. (+50) Smartpart will become famous soon enough. (+50) Smartpart will become famous soon enough. (+50) Smartpart will become famous soon enough. (+50) Smartpart will become famous soon enough. (+50) Smartpart will become famous soon enough. (+50) Smartpart will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Yeh im serious, its from this book called "body for life".

Heres a link: bodyforlife.com/exercise/weighttraining.asp

And to the guy who said i've got "chicken legs" i said i've been training for years off and on, now i can finally train properly cause i have the equipment in my house so i will keep it up.

You can try and taunt me but it doesnt work, one of the reasons i started training was because of people like you.
    I would be "the guy" and I never said you had chicken legs. Although if you never workout legs you will. Also, you shouldn't really be working out for others. You'll feel much better about it when doing it for yourself.