Thread: ROM Question

Rush has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rush has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rush has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rush has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rush has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rush has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rush has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rush has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rush has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rush has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rush has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

ROM Question

Hey guys, i recently saw ronnie coleman the unbelievable for the first time and saw that on some exercises he was using a limited ROM. Im gonna use military press as my example. Like he would go down until it touched his chest then up about halfway to full extension of his arms. At first i dismissed this as just poor form. Then i thought about it, the man is huge, he must be doing something right. Now my question that came out of this is one of targeting the tension. For military press would it be beneficial to do it the way ronnie was for targeting your shoulders only, as i seem to feel it more in the triceps the further i extend. Anywho i didn't really know who else to ask, as i am sure many of you have seen the video. Any thoughts would be great!
    "I went Hard, I went Heavy and I didn't stop" - Ronnie Coleman on how he gained 40 lbs lbm in one year.

Mortality is the greatest gift that god gave to man

Bodybuilding is consistency, that and balls of rock!
    Peace
    _Rush_

hyp3r3xt3nsion has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    don't follow ronnie's form in some of the lifts.

RiNgMaSteR will become famous soon enough. (+50) RiNgMaSteR will become famous soon enough. (+50) RiNgMaSteR will become famous soon enough. (+50) RiNgMaSteR will become famous soon enough. (+50) RiNgMaSteR will become famous soon enough. (+50) RiNgMaSteR will become famous soon enough. (+50) RiNgMaSteR will become famous soon enough. (+50) RiNgMaSteR will become famous soon enough. (+50) RiNgMaSteR will become famous soon enough. (+50) RiNgMaSteR will become famous soon enough. (+50) RiNgMaSteR will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Full ROM is best.
    Link to my journal.....

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=359604

Stats=currently injured ankle

best lifts at 180

bench 225/10 275/2
    Deadlift 405/5 455/1
    Full oly style Squat 325 w/belt

scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz
    Originally posted by RiNgMaSteR
    Full ROM is best.
    ye... he was using the vid to make money... he however is already huge and just needs to maintain or add the only little bit...

but on the other hand... there is no one person who uses perfect form on every lift...

Damien is on a distinguished road. (+10) Damien is on a distinguished road. (+10) Damien is on a distinguished road. (+10) Damien is on a distinguished road. (+10) Damien is on a distinguished road. (+10) Damien is on a distinguished road. (+10) Damien is on a distinguished road. (+10) Damien is on a distinguished road. (+10) Damien is on a distinguished road. (+10) Damien is on a distinguished road. (+10) Damien is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    It was probably
    a) for the camera
    and b) to target the delts more and leaving out most triceps work.

There are quite a few guys who do it like this (with any pushing exercise).
    But as far as i remember Ronnie also did some full ROM reps in the set.
    It's not as hard as you think it is.
    Educate yourself, but stop thinking too much...

Rush has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rush has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rush has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rush has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rush has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rush has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rush has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rush has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rush has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rush has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rush has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Yeah damien, thats what i was thinking is that he was putting more stress on the delts by leaving out the tricep portion of the lift, i don't think i'll be shrinking my rom anytime soon(to alay those fears above) but i was just wondering why he did that.
    "I went Hard, I went Heavy and I didn't stop" - Ronnie Coleman on how he gained 40 lbs lbm in one year.

Mortality is the greatest gift that god gave to man

Bodybuilding is consistency, that and balls of rock!
    Peace
    _Rush_

Originally posted by Damien
    It was probably
    a) for the camera
    and b) to target the delts more and leaving out most triceps work.

There are quite a few guys who do it like this (with any pushing exercise).
    But as far as i remember Ronnie also did some full ROM reps in the set.
    he sure as all heck didn't do full/good ROM On his bent over rows (but hey, who can blame him when he's rowing almost 500, heh)

lgp9999 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lgp9999 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lgp9999 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lgp9999 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lgp9999 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lgp9999 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lgp9999 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lgp9999 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lgp9999 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lgp9999 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lgp9999 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Just because someone is huge doesn't mean that they are doing anything right. They usually have good genetics/juice.
    6'3'' 220lbs
    305 Bench Press
    225 Military Press
    400lb Dead Lift

Damien is on a distinguished road. (+10) Damien is on a distinguished road. (+10) Damien is on a distinguished road. (+10) Damien is on a distinguished road. (+10) Damien is on a distinguished road. (+10) Damien is on a distinguished road. (+10) Damien is on a distinguished road. (+10) Damien is on a distinguished road. (+10) Damien is on a distinguished road. (+10) Damien is on a distinguished road. (+10) Damien is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally posted by hyp3r3xt3nsion
    he sure as all heck didn't do full/good ROM On his bent over rows (but hey, who can blame him when he's rowing almost 500, heh)
    Actaully he had full ROM on Rows, but it was more like a power row.
    It's not as hard as you think it is.
    Educate yourself, but stop thinking too much...

Originally posted by Damien
    Actaully he had full ROM on Rows, but it was more like a power row.
    notice the full/good part