Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Epee00 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Most Calorie Dense Food?

Hey bros,

I was wondering what the most calorie dense food is per 100grams. I would think it woul be something like peanut butter or some kind of nuts. I am talking about food by the way not oils etc.

Peace

Gary
    Bulking

Week 1 - 60.6kg
    Week 2 -

taffer is just really nice. (+1000) taffer is just really nice. (+1000) taffer is just really nice. (+1000) taffer is just really nice. (+1000) taffer is just really nice. (+1000) taffer is just really nice. (+1000) taffer is just really nice. (+1000) taffer is just really nice. (+1000) taffer is just really nice. (+1000) taffer is just really nice. (+1000) taffer is just really nice. (+1000)
    probly pure animal fat, since fat is the most calorie dense macronutrient, it would have to be a fat of some kind!

Originally posted by taffer
    probly pure animal fat, since fat is the most calorie dense macronutrient, it would have to be a fat of some kind!
    Hey,

Sorry i should have been more specific.

Does anyone know the most calorie dense, eatable food that you can buy from a supermarket or something.

Thanks

Peace
    Bulking

Week 1 - 60.6kg
    Week 2 -

norco_one25 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) norco_one25 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) norco_one25 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Hey dude, i see ur bulking

me too.. its been bout 8 weeks and ive gained 4 1/2 kgs

good luck mate,

anthonyfel is a jewel in the rough. (+500) anthonyfel is a jewel in the rough. (+500) anthonyfel is a jewel in the rough. (+500) anthonyfel is a jewel in the rough. (+500) anthonyfel is a jewel in the rough. (+500) anthonyfel is a jewel in the rough. (+500) anthonyfel is a jewel in the rough. (+500) anthonyfel is a jewel in the rough. (+500) anthonyfel is a jewel in the rough. (+500) anthonyfel is a jewel in the rough. (+500) anthonyfel is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    We can see 2 kinds of calorie dense foods.

>>Those with a high calorie but poor vitamin, mineral intake.
    >>Those rich in calories and vitamins and minerals.

The second choice seems to be better than first.

So, in that case, I would say wheat germ and all other whole grain cereals.

Rassler will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rassler will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rassler will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rassler will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rassler will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rassler will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rassler will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rassler will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rassler will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rassler will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rassler will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Peanuts Butter is very calorically dense.
    Height: 5'5"
    Weight: 176lbs.
    Powerlifting Class: 165

Bench Press: 330 raw, w/pause, in competition @165
    (2X BW!)
    Squat: 275x20 (not a breathing set)
    Deadlift: 415+
    Weighted Dips: BW + 160x1
    BW + 135x5
    BW + 90 x 12-15

WreC has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    its probably peanut butter but it gets all its cals from fat which u really dont want but if u dont care about fat then its peanut butter if u care about fat then its something probably more along the lines of pasta because of all the carbs in it
    New bulking Faze Check out Wrec Quest of 04'
    "You can get anywhere from anywhere"
    "what doesnt kill you can only make you stronger..."
    "pain is just weakness leaving the body"
    wildman536 is my hero

anthonyfel is a jewel in the rough. (+500) anthonyfel is a jewel in the rough. (+500) anthonyfel is a jewel in the rough. (+500) anthonyfel is a jewel in the rough. (+500) anthonyfel is a jewel in the rough. (+500) anthonyfel is a jewel in the rough. (+500) anthonyfel is a jewel in the rough. (+500) anthonyfel is a jewel in the rough. (+500) anthonyfel is a jewel in the rough. (+500) anthonyfel is a jewel in the rough. (+500) anthonyfel is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Indeed, fat are the most dense calorie foods because it' yields 9 calories per gram while a gram of either carbohydrates or protein yields 4 calories.

However, when you're on a bulking plan, I don't guess eating more fat is a good idea because fat fill and satisfied you longer than carb & protein.
    Therefore, if you are full, you can not eat as often as that is not a good idea.

That is the reason why I always recommend to people trying to carry more body mass to choose carbs first instead of adding extra fat.

Professional Eater Dedicatedforlife's Avatar
    Dedicatedforlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dedicatedforlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dedicatedforlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dedicatedforlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dedicatedforlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dedicatedforlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dedicatedforlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dedicatedforlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dedicatedforlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dedicatedforlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dedicatedforlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    NUts in general are VERY calories dense

MAcadamia have the most fat, hence the most calories.
    Almonds, are high in calories, but high in value. Best nut around. Calcium, protein, fibre, vitamins and minerals...you name it, its got it and they taste so damn good.!

Salford Reds has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Well, olive oil...it is a food you know

devman27 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) devman27 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) devman27 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) devman27 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) devman27 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) devman27 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) devman27 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) devman27 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) devman27 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) devman27 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) devman27 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally posted by Dedicatedforlif
    NUts in general are VERY calories dense

MAcadamia have the most fat, hence the most calories.
    Almonds, are high in calories, but high in value. Best nut around. Calcium, protein, fibre, vitamins and minerals...you name it, its got it and they taste so damn good.!
    Yeah, almonds are the ****. I love those suckers.
    Do every act in your life as if it were the last - Marcus Aurelius

xxghostxx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xxghostxx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xxghostxx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xxghostxx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xxghostxx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xxghostxx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xxghostxx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xxghostxx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xxghostxx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xxghostxx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xxghostxx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I would also have to say that Almonds are the most calorie dense. They are also such a perfect convenient snack. However, if you'd really like to add some calories quick, you can lick the drip tray of your foreman grill.
    Unaffiliated.

BBMATT has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    If your deciding to get peanut butter.....get Adams 100% Natural Peanut Butter because it doesn't add in the hydrogenated oil

Originally posted by norco_one25
    Hey dude, i see ur bulking

me too.. its been bout 8 weeks and ive gained 4 1/2 kgs

good luck mate,
    Hey bro,

**** thats some nice gains. you are gaining about 1lb per week - pretty damn good.

Good luck to you also.

Peace

Gary

PS Thanks for all the replies. I thought it would have been something like peanutbutter + the fats in it are good fats.

Thanks again

Peace
    Bulking

Week 1 - 60.6kg
    Week 2 -

Buff bride to be imperfectly_lou's Avatar
    imperfectly_lou is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) imperfectly_lou is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) imperfectly_lou is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) imperfectly_lou is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) imperfectly_lou is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) imperfectly_lou is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) imperfectly_lou is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) imperfectly_lou is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) imperfectly_lou is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) imperfectly_lou is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) imperfectly_lou is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I would say nuts, followed by something like rice or pasta which have a lot of cals for fairly small servings.

rvngu has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) rvngu has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) rvngu has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) rvngu has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) rvngu has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) rvngu has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) rvngu has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) rvngu has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) rvngu has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) rvngu has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) rvngu has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    what about salmon? good fats and rich in protein?
    To become a monster, you gotta eat like a monster.

xamadeix has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xamadeix has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xamadeix has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xamadeix has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xamadeix has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xamadeix has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xamadeix has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xamadeix has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xamadeix has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xamadeix has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xamadeix has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    1g of fat = 9 calories.

http://www.sugapablo.net sugapablo's Avatar
    sugapablo is on a distinguished road. (+10) sugapablo is on a distinguished road. (+10) sugapablo is on a distinguished road. (+10) sugapablo is on a distinguished road. (+10) sugapablo is on a distinguished road. (+10) sugapablo is on a distinguished road. (+10) sugapablo is on a distinguished road. (+10) sugapablo is on a distinguished road. (+10) sugapablo is on a distinguished road. (+10) sugapablo is on a distinguished road. (+10) sugapablo is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Epee00 View Post
    Hey,

Does anyone know the most calorie dense, eatable food that you can buy from a supermarket or something.

Thanks

Peace

Lard Sandwich (common in many rural communities). Very edible.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lard

900 cals in the lard per 100g.

(People ask why I'm vegetarian...)

siamesedream is just really nice. (+1000) siamesedream is just really nice. (+1000) siamesedream is just really nice. (+1000) siamesedream is just really nice. (+1000) siamesedream is just really nice. (+1000) siamesedream is just really nice. (+1000) siamesedream is just really nice. (+1000) siamesedream is just really nice. (+1000) siamesedream is just really nice. (+1000) siamesedream is just really nice. (+1000) siamesedream is just really nice. (+1000)
    Hey,

Thanks

Peace
    probably pure animal fat

Professional Eater Dedicatedforlife's Avatar
    Dedicatedforlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dedicatedforlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dedicatedforlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dedicatedforlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dedicatedforlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dedicatedforlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dedicatedforlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dedicatedforlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dedicatedforlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dedicatedforlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dedicatedforlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Wow this thread started 3 years ago...lard and animal fat, lol....jokes...i think he was referring to healthy dense foods...like we said before, nuts, olive oil, steaks, yams, avocados...all very good choices.

tbush will become famous soon enough. (+50) tbush will become famous soon enough. (+50) tbush will become famous soon enough. (+50) tbush will become famous soon enough. (+50) tbush will become famous soon enough. (+50) tbush will become famous soon enough. (+50) tbush will become famous soon enough. (+50) tbush will become famous soon enough. (+50) tbush will become famous soon enough. (+50) tbush will become famous soon enough. (+50) tbush will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by anthonyfel View Post
    Indeed, fat are the most dense calorie foods because it' yields 9 calories per gram while a gram of either carbohydrates or protein yields 4 calories.

However, when you're on a bulking plan, I don't guess eating more fat is a good idea because fat fill and satisfied you longer than carb & protein.
    Therefore, if you are full, you can not eat as often as that is not a good idea.
    Fat has over twice as many calories as carbohydrates, you would have to eat twice as many grams of carbs or protein to make that up. What's more filling, a spoonful of peanut butter or a cup of oatmeal? The sheer volume of carbohydrates, and fiber in healthy foods, will keep a person more full than fat.

edit: i didn't notice the date on the original post... nevermind.

LI GUY 1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) LI GUY 1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) LI GUY 1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) LI GUY 1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) LI GUY 1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) LI GUY 1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) LI GUY 1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) LI GUY 1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) LI GUY 1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) LI GUY 1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) LI GUY 1 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    1 cup of heavy cream has 800 calories. Mix it with some hershey's syrup and it's great. Some people may feel sick from it but I feel fine.

Calvin770D has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hey bros,

I was wondering what the most calorie dense food is per 100grams. I would think it woul be something like peanut butter or some kind of nuts. I am talking about food by the way not oils etc.

Peace

Gary
    I'm pretty sure that macadamia nuts are. For each 100g there are 718 kcals

MetilHed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MetilHed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MetilHed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MetilHed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MetilHed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MetilHed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MetilHed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MetilHed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MetilHed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MetilHed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MetilHed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Calvin770D View Post
    I'm pretty sure that macadamia nuts are. For each 100g there are 718 kcals
    Hopefully the OP hasn't been waiting for ~10 years for your help, slowly withering away to nothing as he waits for the one post that will really help him.

Hopefully you didn't just join the forum to make that post, either.

beastlymandude is just really nice. (+1000) beastlymandude is just really nice. (+1000) beastlymandude is just really nice. (+1000) beastlymandude is just really nice. (+1000) beastlymandude is just really nice. (+1000) beastlymandude is just really nice. (+1000) beastlymandude is just really nice. (+1000) beastlymandude is just really nice. (+1000) beastlymandude is just really nice. (+1000) beastlymandude is just really nice. (+1000) beastlymandude is just really nice. (+1000)
    What's with the ancient thread bumps lately?

MetilHed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MetilHed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MetilHed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MetilHed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MetilHed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MetilHed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MetilHed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MetilHed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MetilHed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MetilHed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MetilHed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by beastlymandude View Post
    What's with the ancient thread bumps lately?
    People getting a jump on the New Years resolutions, I imagine. In 3-4 days this place will be hell.

MrBillson is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MrBillson is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MrBillson is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MrBillson is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MrBillson is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MrBillson is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MrBillson is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MrBillson is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MrBillson is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MrBillson is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MrBillson is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Almost a decade.

I think this might be the most epic bump I've seen.

And yes I agree we've got a rough few weeks ahead of us around here.

cls91 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cls91 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cls91 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cls91 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cls91 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cls91 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cls91 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cls91 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cls91 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cls91 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cls91 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by MetilHed View Post
    People getting a jump on the New Years resolutions, I imagine. In 3-4 days this place will be hell.

Brace yourselves.

Im even less excited to see what my gym is going to turn into...

mussina123 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mussina123 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mussina123 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mussina123 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mussina123 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mussina123 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mussina123 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mussina123 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mussina123 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mussina123 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mussina123 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    pop tarts...

MrBillson is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MrBillson is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MrBillson is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MrBillson is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MrBillson is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MrBillson is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MrBillson is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MrBillson is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MrBillson is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MrBillson is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MrBillson is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by mussina123 View Post
    pop tarts...
    It's generally a good idea to skim through the other posts in the thread before responding to the original question. Just FYI.