Chicks dig the long ball GreenAdam's Avatar
    GreenAdam has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Routine question while dieting

I posted a message here several weeks ago and got some great responses. I'm a little further down the road now and think it's time to take another look at my workout plan.

I'm 32 and currently at about 166 pounds (I'm 5'9" tall). I started out a very squishy 183 pounds about 8 weeks ago, so I'm making pretty good progress. My BF is down considerably, but I think I still have a ways to go - still have a modest spare tire and a little extra fat below my armpits. I current goal weight is 155 pounds - will have to re-evaluate at that point. 155 might sound low, but I have pretty thin legs.

Let me say that getting lean is my big priority right now. I didn't get lean enough last time before adding some muscle and the results didn't show very well with the extra BF. I want to start at the bottom and work my way up this time around.

My current program is an upper body/lower body split: upper body on Monday and Thursday and lower body on Tuesday and Friday. My diet is a normal low calories diet (I shoot for 1600-1700 per day) with protein a priority.

Here's the question (finally): Is this lifting schedule appropriate with my goals in mind? I have been considering switching to a 4 day routine like chest/tris, back/bis, legs/abs, shoulders. Should I just stick with my current program until I hit my target weight and THEN switch?

I made very good strength gains initially, but have stalled lately. I'm sure this in no surprise with the low cal diet - I'm at least maintaining and I'm perfectly happy with that.

Any advise is appreciated.

JH13 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Full body or upper lower body splits are usually for gaining mass.You can try a push /pull split,training opposing muscle groups together superset style with higher reps(12-15).I would pair a large group with a smaller one(eg.-pecs/bi's or lats/tri's).You probably won't gain mass like this but you should hold on to your current gains & lose some fat.

Charger is just really nice. (+1000) Charger is just really nice. (+1000) Charger is just really nice. (+1000) Charger is just really nice. (+1000) Charger is just really nice. (+1000) Charger is just really nice. (+1000) Charger is just really nice. (+1000) Charger is just really nice. (+1000) Charger is just really nice. (+1000) Charger is just really nice. (+1000) Charger is just really nice. (+1000)
    Well, with your goals I would say change is good. Make a change and add volume and lower rest periods. On your day 4(shoulders) hit arms again. Do shoulders/bi's/tris.
    starting over!!!!!!!!!!