Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Piracetam?

Tryco Slatterus has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Piracetam?

Has anyone here taken Piracetam?

What kind of results have you gotten from it?

This store used to sell Neuroflow from s.a.n..But they discontinued it...

It's supposed to make you focus and think better...Does it do this?

How well?

also...Where can I buy this?

Piracetam..where do they sell it cheap?

and what works better?

dsade is a name known to all. (+5000) dsade is a name known to all. (+5000) dsade is a name known to all. (+5000) dsade is a name known to all. (+5000) dsade is a name known to all. (+5000) dsade is a name known to all. (+5000) dsade is a name known to all. (+5000) dsade is a name known to all. (+5000) dsade is a name known to all. (+5000) dsade is a name known to all. (+5000) dsade is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Piracetam is one of the few supplements that I could not cut out of my daily regimen without noticing a huge hinderance.

I can say that Piracetam, and a few other nootropics, helped my mental and intellectual recovery following a nasty car wreck.

It is VERY reasonably priced.
    "Blood, Sweat, and Tears doesn't mean crying while you struggle to put your tampon in." ~dsade

ThermoGum...Just Chew It!

---ACCELERATED gains * increased MASS = unstoppable FORCE--- Know your physics for maximum performance.
    "Don't you know there ain't no Devil, there's just God when he's drunk" -Tom Waits

"The only question is...which is to be Master? That is all." - Lewis Carroll

"Who is John Galt?" - Ayn Rand

Originally posted by dsade
    Piracetam is one of the few supplements that I could not cut out of my daily regimen without noticing a huge hinderance.

I can say that Piracetam, and a few other nootropics, helped my mental and intellectual recovery following a nasty car wreck.

It is VERY reasonably priced.
    Ok...Do you personaly use this?...This particular product?

Can you direct me on it..tell me how to use it and when?

and what other nootropics do you use?

dsade is a name known to all. (+5000) dsade is a name known to all. (+5000) dsade is a name known to all. (+5000) dsade is a name known to all. (+5000) dsade is a name known to all. (+5000) dsade is a name known to all. (+5000) dsade is a name known to all. (+5000) dsade is a name known to all. (+5000) dsade is a name known to all. (+5000) dsade is a name known to all. (+5000) dsade is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Yep. This is the stuff I use.

I picked up a CapMQuick, size 00, and cap up a bunch of them at a time.

I take around 1.6 grams, 2-3 times a day along with Choline Citrate, DMAE, ALCAR, Vinpocetine, and L-Tyrosine.

Once every few weeks to a month, I will throw back a large dose of 4-5 grams as a kicker. It seems to kick things back up.

No matter what, though, be sure you use a form of Choline along with the piracetam.

We also featured a 2 part article in Mind and Muscle magazine (mindandmuscle.net) on Piracetam in the last 2 issues you should check out.
    "Blood, Sweat, and Tears doesn't mean crying while you struggle to put your tampon in." ~dsade

---ACCELERATED gains * increased MASS = unstoppable FORCE--- Know your physics for maximum performance.
    "Don't you know there ain't no Devil, there's just God when he's drunk" -Tom Waits

Ok....

1. how does that capemquick work?

2.what is ALCAR? what does it do?

3.what is DMAE? what does it do?

4.what is Vinpocetine? what does it do?

5. why use a form of Choline along with the piracetam?

RippedUp is a name known to all. (+5000) RippedUp is a name known to all. (+5000) RippedUp is a name known to all. (+5000) RippedUp is a name known to all. (+5000) RippedUp is a name known to all. (+5000) RippedUp is a name known to all. (+5000) RippedUp is a name known to all. (+5000) RippedUp is a name known to all. (+5000) RippedUp is a name known to all. (+5000) RippedUp is a name known to all. (+5000) RippedUp is a name known to all. (+5000)
    6. What is the search function? What does it do?

"Strive for perfection,
    Nothing less"

RippedUp is a name known to all. (+5000) RippedUp is a name known to all. (+5000) RippedUp is a name known to all. (+5000) RippedUp is a name known to all. (+5000) RippedUp is a name known to all. (+5000) RippedUp is a name known to all. (+5000) RippedUp is a name known to all. (+5000) RippedUp is a name known to all. (+5000) RippedUp is a name known to all. (+5000) RippedUp is a name known to all. (+5000) RippedUp is a name known to all. (+5000)

DMAE

1. What are they and where do they come from?

DMAE - Dimethylaminoethanol - is an antioxidant and a precursor of the neurotransmitter Acetycholine (ACh). Acetycholine is responsible for feelings of well-being and relaxation.

It plays an important role in the onset of a dreaming state. DMAE is available in supplement form. It can be consumed orally, or used as a cream topically.

2. What does it do and what scientific studies give evidence to support this?

Although the science has not yet reached a conclusive, supportable, position on the exact function(s) of DMAE, anecdotal evidence suggests that DMAE supplementation is very beneficial. For example, anecdotal evidence indicates that DMAE may be appropriate for cosmetic purposes, due to its ability to reduce facial sag. DMAE may be helpful in improving memory and learning ability.

DMAE supplementation has been known to increase energy levels, as well as alleviate the symptoms typically following the consumption of large quantities of alcohol. Supplementing with DMAE can also offset the symptoms associated with long-term use of antipsychotic drugs.1 It may also have positive benefits for dreaming and mood stabilization.2,3

3. Who needs it and what are some symptoms of deficiency?

There are no known symptoms of deficiency. Everyone can benefit from supplementing with DMAE. Populations that may benefit most from the supplementation of DMAE include: The Elderly, Athletes, persons on antipsychotic medication, children suffering from down syndrome and attention deficit disorder (ADD), and individuals who wish to use DMAE for its cosmetic applications.

Elderly persons are at an increased risk of developing depression. The onset of depression in elderly populations can be caused by a number of factors. DMAE can help alleviate or prevent symptoms of depression because of its ability to stabilize emotions and increase energy.

Increased energy levels are something that athletes require. High-intensity physical activity is very demanding. By supplementing with DMAE, athletes may notice shorter recovery times and improved athletic performance. DMAE also plays a role in muscle contractions (by being a precursor to ACh).4

Person suffering from psychiatric conditions, children with attention deficit disorder and persons with down syndrome, may find that, due to its ability to stabilize moods and improve behavior, DMAE is a worthwhile substance to add to their treatment programs.

DMAE, as mentioned, also has a cosmetic application. While it is not a "facelift in a bottle", DMAE can serve to tighten the skin when applied topically. This may reduce signs of aging. Individuals with a PABA (Para-Amino-benzoic-acid) allergy should avoid supplementing with DMAE because DMAE is a chemical relative of PABA.

4. How much should be taken? Are there any side effects?

DMAE is non-toxic and is safe for human use. However, it is recommended that label directions always be followed. Overdosing with DMEA can result in insomnia, headaches and muscle tension. Persons suffering from Alzheimer's disease, depression, or other psychiatric conditions should consult a physician prior to supplementing with DMAE.

5. Where can I get it?

There are different brand names that manufacture supplemental DMAE. Below is a listing of all available DMAE products for sale on Bodybuilding.com.

Written by Bodybuilding.com writer, Clayton South.
    Last edited by RippedUp; 04-10-2004 at 05:02 AM.
    "Strive for perfection,
    Nothing less"

ok...Thanks ripped up..

But don't forget my questions dsade...Be sure to answer them all...Excluding the one ripped up just answered.

Originally posted by Tryco Slatterus
    Be sure to answer them all...Excluding the one ripped up just answered.
    Originally posted by RippedUp
    6. What is the search function? What does it do?
    "Strive for perfection,
    Nothing less"

Piracetam.
    Attached Images
    "Strive for perfection,
    Nothing less"

blackdream71 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) blackdream71 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) blackdream71 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) blackdream71 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) blackdream71 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) blackdream71 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) blackdream71 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) blackdream71 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) blackdream71 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) blackdream71 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) blackdream71 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally posted by Tryco Slatterus

But don't forget my questions dsade...Be sure to answer them all...Excluding the one ripped up just answered.
    All you have to do is type those words into GOOGLE and it will give you all the information your little heart desires, mmmmmkay?
    Attached Images

Jay1982 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jay1982 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jay1982 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jay1982 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jay1982 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jay1982 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jay1982 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jay1982 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jay1982 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jay1982 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jay1982 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally posted by blackdream71
    All you have to do is type those words into GOOGLE and it will give you all the information your little heart desires, mmmmmkay?
    LOL, that is too funny. I open up the pic and I couldn't stop laughing.

But on topic, there are tons of stuff on google, I don't want to be an ass, but I'm too lazy to actually look it up and tell you where to find the info u are looking for.
    Winners never quit and quitters never win!

I'll give you the benefit of the doubt on the CapMQuick....

You take the tops off of empty capsules, fill the machine, dump enough piracatem to fill all the capsules onto the tray and push it around until it fills up the caps.

Then, you rotate out some spacers which drops the tray down a little bit - then you put the tops back on the capsules....one by one.

It is tedious, but you get the hang of it. You can do 50 at a time. With some things it is a total pain in the ass (like ALCAR), but Piracetam is very easy to cap.

x_muscle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    here is my stack:

3 g piracteam
    50mg Idebenone
    Huperzine-a 50-100 mcg
    Gnkgo biloba extract 120 mg
    20mg vinpocetine
    500mg DL-phenylalanine
    500mg choline bitartrate /citrate or DMAE
    3 g Alcar
    500-1000 mcg vitamin b-12

chris587 is on a distinguished road. (+10) chris587 is on a distinguished road. (+10) chris587 is on a distinguished road. (+10) chris587 is on a distinguished road. (+10) chris587 is on a distinguished road. (+10) chris587 is on a distinguished road. (+10) chris587 is on a distinguished road. (+10) chris587 is on a distinguished road. (+10) chris587 is on a distinguished road. (+10) chris587 is on a distinguished road. (+10) chris587 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally posted by x_muscle
    here is my stack:

3 g piracteam
    50mg Idebenone
    Huperzine-a 50-100 mcg
    Gnkgo biloba extract 120 mg
    20mg vinpocetine
    500mg DL-phenylalanine
    500mg choline bitartrate /citrate or DMAE
    3 g Alcar
    500-1000 mcg vitamin b-12
    How is that working for you?

x_muscle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    i just started taking it for a week now. i noticed that im starting to dream a lot more. my dreams are clear and for first time i can remember what was my dream in the morning. i also noticed slight increase in my focus, im less disturbed by noise while studying. i used not to be able to study if there is any noise around me.
    Last edited by x_muscle; 04-10-2004 at 12:54 PM.

dito has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dito has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dito has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dito has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dito has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dito has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dito has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dito has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dito has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dito has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dito has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Dito loves the audio and visual perception enhancement from piracetam.
    Dito is like pussy. Either you love it or you're gay.

Turn around bright eyes

KillerATP is not very well liked. (-100) KillerATP is not very well liked. (-100) KillerATP is not very well liked. (-100) KillerATP is not very well liked. (-100) KillerATP is not very well liked. (-100) KillerATP is not very well liked. (-100) KillerATP is not very well liked. (-100) KillerATP is not very well liked. (-100) KillerATP is not very well liked. (-100) KillerATP is not very well liked. (-100) KillerATP is not very well liked. (-100)
    I wonder who brought piracetam in the the bodybuilding realm?

It's about total life enhancement - physical, "spiritual", as well as intellectual.

Piracetam helps intellectual development, which can also improve mind/muscle connection and concentration. It's not just about looking good naked, it's about pushing the evolutionary envelope and developing further as both species and individual.

mtruther has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I just started taking piracetam and have noticed it working. I hear it is supposed to take up to three weeks to really kick in, though.

I'm taking the MCAT in less than a week and have found that since I've started taking nootropics that I can sit down for like five or six hours and not move while I'm studying. I just bring a few bananas and a protein shake with me and sit down and take practice tests with complete focus. A little coffee, too. Can't help it; I'm addicted.

Basically, I'm taking in intervals throughout the day:

3 g piracetam
    2 g ALCAR
    400 mg R-ALA
    1.5 g choline bitartrate
    1 tablespoon fish oil

Wish I could add vinpocetine, but money is a bit short (others note enhanced focus and extra sense of color with this one).

I don't worry about capping. Just hold your nose, dissolve the powder in a little water, gulp, and chase it with more water. No problem. Just don't try mixing it with a shake. You'll almost certainly regret it.

For ALCAR (as it relates to R-ALA), read up on the anarchy stack. You may want to try the boards at anabolic minds.

As for what this stack has done for me, well, the morning cobwebs seem to clear up much quicker. I'm able to concentrate with distractions and for longer intervals. General improvement in my mood on life. I can sit down and read poetry, which I've been doing as Easter approaches (lots of religious poets: Donne, Milton...not easy reading). Also, my dreams have become incredibly lifelike and I most definitely remember them. Nothing scary. Just normal weird dreamstuff. Also sleep like a rock and need less sleep to feel rested.

sources: this 400 guy is quite fast. Also centurions carry lots of powders.

philly007 is on a distinguished road. (+10) philly007 is on a distinguished road. (+10) philly007 is on a distinguished road. (+10) philly007 is on a distinguished road. (+10) philly007 is on a distinguished road. (+10) philly007 is on a distinguished road. (+10) philly007 is on a distinguished road. (+10) philly007 is on a distinguished road. (+10) philly007 is on a distinguished road. (+10) philly007 is on a distinguished road. (+10) philly007 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I mix a cocktail of Piracetam/ALCAR/Tyrosine/Gatorade. I can feel it going to my brain after I drink it. Good stuff.

How would this work?

piracetam
    choline

And Just take out the ALCAR?

What would you suguest the best stack is on a low budget?

Im not looking to spend more than about 30$ on it all together...maybe 40.

So whould piracetam and choline just work together?

I don't want to use anything that may not have any effect...So what is it exactly that had the best effects on you all?
    For the cheapest price?

So if you could suguest a low budget stack for me that does not cost more than 40$ I would appreciate it.

thanks

dito has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dito has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dito has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dito has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dito has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dito has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dito has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dito has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dito has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dito has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dito has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Go with piracetam, choline and l-tyrosine. That would probably cost you about $32.
    Dito is like pussy. Either you love it or you're gay.

Turn around bright eyes

Originally posted by dito
    Go with piracetam, choline and l-tyrosine. That would probably cost you about $32.
    Thanks...

What does tyrosine do to the stack?

KillerATP is not very well liked. (-100) KillerATP is not very well liked. (-100) KillerATP is not very well liked. (-100) KillerATP is not very well liked. (-100) KillerATP is not very well liked. (-100) KillerATP is not very well liked. (-100) KillerATP is not very well liked. (-100) KillerATP is not very well liked. (-100) KillerATP is not very well liked. (-100) KillerATP is not very well liked. (-100) KillerATP is not very well liked. (-100)

The reason why...

Piracetam is even talked about on bodybuilding forums.

Is due to a man who went by the handle "BrooklynJuice"

Try to find ANY post on ANY bodybuilding site before the date of this thread...

http://www.animalkits.be/phpBB/viewt...2&forum=35&213

Started 2002-10-06 2:40pm.

Good job brooklyn...

Re: The reason why...

Originally posted by KillerATP
    Piracetam is even talked about on bodybuilding forums.

Is due to a man who went by the handle "BrooklynJuice"

Try to find ANY post on ANY bodybuilding site before the date of this thread...

http://www.animalkits.be/phpBB/viewt...2&forum=35&213

Started 2002-10-06 2:40pm.

Good job brooklyn...
    No way im reading all of that....

I will just go on what the other guy said...Piracetam choline and tyrosine or whatever.

Best stack Ive used that doesnt include PRAMIRACETAM as its not around (uh Instynct, if enough people bother him he'll get it!) is:

Piracetam anywhere from 800mg all the way up to 10,000mg a day (play with it see what works)

Vinpoceptine 30-40mg (big steep bell curve with this one, taking too much is the same as taking too little).

Huperzine A 5-10mcg (i like Vitamin Shoppe brand that comes with ginko)

Alpha-GPC or Choline-CDP

I like DMAE others dont.

Tryosine works well as a stimulant with this stack as does Cocoamine (other sources of caffiene as well but cocoa also hits PEA).

Nicotine gum/Yohimbe are other options.

Stimulants seem enhanced by nootropics as do recreational drugs.

Lemme know if ya need more...

How does piracetam, choline sound?..as a start?

Will I see real effects do you think?

Im cheap,and Don't plan to spend more than like 40$...so all of that you listed is too much.

How would piracetam any dosage and choline any dosage sound?

Exclusing everything else

Vinpo is cheap
    HupA is cheap

Regular choline is garbage IMO.

Tryosine is cheap
    Chocoamine is reasonable

Yohimbe is cheap
    Nic Gum can get expensive

Piracetam dosing usually goes something like 2400-4800mg for 3-7 days then maintained at 800-2400mg a day thereafters. After about 2-3months effects will diminish all you need to do is come off, no weaning necessary, for about a 6-8 weeks and they re-attack.