Luke_the_Duke has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Does anyone else have no energy on this diet?

I have been trying out this diet for the last several weeks and it just does not agree with me. It made me realize how important carbs are to me. Before today, while I was still following the diet, I hadn't been to the gym in over a week because I felt like working out about as much as I felt like hammering my toe with a giant sledge. And even before that, when I worked out with no carbs in my system, I felt like crap during the whole workout and it drained my motivation. It's like lack of carbs have been causing laziness for me.

And then I decided to experiment. I ate some apple sauce as a simple carb meal before a workout like I used to do and WAALAA I suddenly felt like going to the gym and giving my body some long-due punishment! And I did and my energy level remained high the whole time. So I'm definitely going back to my 40-40-20 diet because energy is extremely important to me. Even more important than fat loss.

I'm just wondering if anyone else had a similar experience going so low carb.

Wowsers has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I had the same thing, upped my fat intake a bit and voila everything was fine again.

Atavis is a name known to all. (+5000) Atavis is a name known to all. (+5000) Atavis is a name known to all. (+5000) Atavis is a name known to all. (+5000) Atavis is a name known to all. (+5000) Atavis is a name known to all. (+5000) Atavis is a name known to all. (+5000) Atavis is a name known to all. (+5000) Atavis is a name known to all. (+5000) Atavis is a name known to all. (+5000) Atavis is a name known to all. (+5000)
    What was your diet like Luke?

Not getting enough fat will definately cause some energy issues....
    "Arterial plaque is primarily composed of unsaturated fats particularly polyunsaturated ones." (Felton, C V, et al, Lancet, 1994, 344:1195)

How to bulk: http://70sbig.com/food/

Diet = http://i52.tinypic.com/21bhop.png
    ...or something like this daily. Problem? ;)

FFMI = 24

fitnessman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fitnessman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fitnessman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fitnessman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fitnessman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fitnessman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fitnessman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fitnessman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fitnessman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fitnessman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fitnessman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

Yup

Too much of a calorie deficit and not enough CLEAN fats.
    Psalm 121

Luke_the_Duke has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    yeah I guess that was it. My diet was mostly eggs, salad, chicken, and tuna with lots of mayonnaise. I used a lot of parmasan cheese and cream cheese but there was still a lot more protein than fat I suppose.