jak has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jak has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jak has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jak has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jak has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jak has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jak has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jak has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jak has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jak has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jak has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

Can Powerlifting improve speed?Olympic Lifting

Well,can Powerlifting increase speed?How about Olympic Lifting?

-Also,if you do plyometrics,and get flexible,and are a Powerlifter,will you be very fast?
    And what components affect speed?

Powerlifter16 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Powerlifter16 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Powerlifter16 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Powerlifter16 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Powerlifter16 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Powerlifter16 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Powerlifter16 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Powerlifter16 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Powerlifter16 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Powerlifter16 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Powerlifter16 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Somthing that has taken me a very long time to understand was that what u do in the weightroom doesnt always carry over to the field of play. What i mean is if u pulled 500lbs has it made u a better athlete then when u did 400? Ud have to be the judge of that. I do believe that oly lifting and plyometric's "DO" have some type of carry over in most parts.

Their are many compounds that determine one's speed. They could be strength related or mechanical related. Could have weak hamstrings.. or u could have crappy form. Their are some many.

jak.... i think u need to do a search on Mel Siff... and read as much as u can of what he has wrote. I promise its well worth it.

lifter

aztman is a jewel in the rough. (+500) aztman is a jewel in the rough. (+500) aztman is a jewel in the rough. (+500) aztman is a jewel in the rough. (+500) aztman is a jewel in the rough. (+500) aztman is a jewel in the rough. (+500) aztman is a jewel in the rough. (+500) aztman is a jewel in the rough. (+500) aztman is a jewel in the rough. (+500) aztman is a jewel in the rough. (+500) aztman is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I think that was an outstanding post PL16! Too many times athletes think only in terms of weight room numbers and it is really the coaches fault for that. While lifting definately can be a very effective tool, it is just that, a tool. Like PL16 said you could have other problems in football.
    1. You aren't technically sound at your position.
    2. You are very flat footed.
    3. You are weak in important muscle groupls like the trunk, and hips
    4. You aren't flexible
    These are just a few examples,the best thing to do is ask your coach where he thinks you need to improve and start there.

jak has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jak has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jak has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jak has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jak has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jak has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jak has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jak has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jak has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jak has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jak has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally posted by aztman
    I think that was an outstanding post PL16! Too many times athletes think only in terms of weight room numbers and it is really the coaches fault for that. While lifting definately can be a very effective tool, it is just that, a tool. Like PL16 said you could have other problems in football.
    4. You aren't flexible
    These are just a few examples,the best thing to do is ask your coach where he thinks you need to improve and start there.
    what u mean by flat footed?

pure_power has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    It's all about explosion and speed. Think about it this example: A 295lbs offensive tackle against a 225lbs linebacker. The offensive tackle benches 400lbs and squats 500, the linebacker on the other hand benches let's say 340lbs and squats 450. In most cases people would beieve that the weaker player would lose out. However, if the linebacker is quicker and more explosive in his action, he will overpower the offensive tackle. That's why Westside methods, in my opinion, are very helpful in football (it's all about speed and explosion). And yes, powerlifting definitely can increase speed, it just depends though on how fast you do your plyometrics and your lifts. Also think of it like this, you have two athletes who both max out at 400lbs on the bench press. One does it it 4 seconds, while the other only takes just under 2. The one that just takes under 2 seconds is creating a lot more force and thereby can overpower the other athlete just because of his speed difference. I know this kind of draws away from "does powerlifting help with speed?" but I just thought I needed to say that. But, yes, powerlifting can increase your speed tremendously, if it is focused on speed, and not just a pure power type foundation.
    What motivates you?

Powerlifter16 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Powerlifter16 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Powerlifter16 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Powerlifter16 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Powerlifter16 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Powerlifter16 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Powerlifter16 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Powerlifter16 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Powerlifter16 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Powerlifter16 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Powerlifter16 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally posted by aztman
    4. You aren't flexible
    Hmmmm....I wonder who tought me that....

lifter