mp_ has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Doing the splits

Everynight at karate we do stretching and since I started it about 1yr and 6 months ago, my flexibility has increased dramatically, but I still can't do the splits. My kicks are high though.

Is there anything else i can do to do the splits? My goal would be to be able to at any time just drop into the splits without needing to warm up or chance of injuring myself.

I'm hoping from this, it will also help my kicks, allowing me to kick higher, harder, faster with more control.

Whats some good exercises to really rip my legs apart?
    ► Current Stats: 180cm, 81.6KG, 10BF%

spytech is just really nice. (+1000) spytech is just really nice. (+1000) spytech is just really nice. (+1000) spytech is just really nice. (+1000) spytech is just really nice. (+1000) spytech is just really nice. (+1000) spytech is just really nice. (+1000) spytech is just really nice. (+1000) spytech is just really nice. (+1000) spytech is just really nice. (+1000) spytech is just really nice. (+1000)
    Your dojo might have a splits machine (ie: you sit in it, and it pushes your legs apart into a split). If you have this then start gradual at 120degrees and sit there for 10-15 seconds, then increase 10 degrees. Do this until you get to 180. It will take you a while, so dont try it right away.

If you do not have this machine then face a wall in a V-sit and put your feet against the wall. Slide your ass towards the wall so it pushes your legs out ina splits motion (or have someone push you towards the wall). When your legs are perfectly 180 and your chest touches the wall then you are ready to go Perform stretches in this fashion the same way you would do splits machine I mentioned above.

RBEshadow will become famous soon enough. (+50) RBEshadow will become famous soon enough. (+50) RBEshadow will become famous soon enough. (+50) RBEshadow will become famous soon enough. (+50) RBEshadow will become famous soon enough. (+50) RBEshadow will become famous soon enough. (+50) RBEshadow will become famous soon enough. (+50) RBEshadow will become famous soon enough. (+50) RBEshadow will become famous soon enough. (+50) RBEshadow will become famous soon enough. (+50) RBEshadow will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Have you asked your karate teacher? I'm sure he could help you out a great deal.

RiNgMaSteR will become famous soon enough. (+50) RiNgMaSteR will become famous soon enough. (+50) RiNgMaSteR will become famous soon enough. (+50) RiNgMaSteR will become famous soon enough. (+50) RiNgMaSteR will become famous soon enough. (+50) RiNgMaSteR will become famous soon enough. (+50) RiNgMaSteR will become famous soon enough. (+50) RiNgMaSteR will become famous soon enough. (+50) RiNgMaSteR will become famous soon enough. (+50) RiNgMaSteR will become famous soon enough. (+50) RiNgMaSteR will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Ouch, last time i tried the splits i almost tore my groin.
    Link to my journal.....

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=359604

Stats=currently injured ankle

best lifts at 180

bench 225/10 275/2
    Deadlift 405/5 455/1
    Full oly style Squat 325 w/belt

Darren Keynes

Smile Try this .....

There is a book and video by Thomas Kurz.
    Everything you want to know about the splits you will find here I promise you!
    Excellent book and video.
    You can get them at www.stadion.com
    The book is called Stretching Scientifically.
    The video is called The secrets of stretching.

You can also learn how to do high kicks with little or no warm up!

Hope this helps.