zzaazz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) zzaazz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) zzaazz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Brown Bread - How bad is it?

I am aiming now to lose fat around the stomach area(the hardest area i know)... So im cutting out on all the white bread and trying to divert away from simple carbs as much as i can...

So i'm trying to find out how bad brown bread is as a complex carb alternative... For me, its the easiest to prepare and you can find it in almost all restaurents...

So is it good? Bad? How much brown bread is good? How much is considered bad?

Thanks in advance!

siamesedream is just really nice. (+1000) siamesedream is just really nice. (+1000) siamesedream is just really nice. (+1000) siamesedream is just really nice. (+1000) siamesedream is just really nice. (+1000) siamesedream is just really nice. (+1000) siamesedream is just really nice. (+1000) siamesedream is just really nice. (+1000) siamesedream is just really nice. (+1000) siamesedream is just really nice. (+1000) siamesedream is just really nice. (+1000)
    What exact shade of brown are we talking?

zzaazz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) zzaazz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) zzaazz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    hehe... thats a tough one...

I dunno... its looks really brown... hehehe

Quelly is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Quelly is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Quelly is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Quelly is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Quelly is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Quelly is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Quelly is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Quelly is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Quelly is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Quelly is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Quelly is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    if your strategy is to spot reduce your abdominal fat by cutting out white bread and going for "brown bread" and avoiding simple carbs....heres what you need to do....

spend more than 4 minutes in the nutrition section....read some articles, and seriously....learn what brown bread is, what makes it not white bread, and learn that you can't spot reduce....if you don't have the discipline to learn you won't have the discipline to get serious and make physique progress

SaintPatty is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SaintPatty is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SaintPatty is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SaintPatty is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SaintPatty is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SaintPatty is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SaintPatty is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SaintPatty is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SaintPatty is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SaintPatty is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SaintPatty is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I've never heard the term 'brown bread' before. Interesting. If by brown you are actually talking about 'whole grain' then my response is that it's OKAY but you could do way better. If you have to eat it at all (and I say at all because anything made of flour is instantly very processed and therefore 'refined') just make sure it isn't 'enriched' or loaded with high-fructose corn syrup. Try your best to get your complex carbs from oats, sweet potatoes, brown rice, etc when you can, but when you can't the brown bread will do. Cheers.
    I'm not in this for the trophy; I'm in it for the hypertrophy.

Originally Posted by Quelly View Post
    if your strategy is to spot reduce your abdominal fat by cutting out white bread and going for "brown bread" and avoiding simple carbs....heres what you need to do....

spend more than 4 minutes in the nutrition section....read some articles, and seriously....learn what brown bread is, what makes it not white bread, and learn that you can't spot reduce....if you don't have the discipline to learn you won't have the discipline to get serious and make physique progress
    My bad... i did not mean lose fat from the midsection only, its just the only place left with so much visible fat in it... The point from my post was not where to lose fat from, the point was to know if "whole grain" bread is good or bad and how good is it for you...

SaintPatty: thanks for the response...

Quelly is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Quelly is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Quelly is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Quelly is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Quelly is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Quelly is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Quelly is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Quelly is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Quelly is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Quelly is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Quelly is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by zzaazz View Post
    My bad... i did not mean lose fat from the midsection only, its just the only place left with so much visible fat in it... The point from my post was not where to lose fat from, the point was to know if "whole grain" bread is good or bad and how good is it for you...

SaintPatty: thanks for the response...

whole grain bread is more nutrient dense, has fiber, no hfcs, and thus will provide you with longer quailty energy because it is digested slower and gives you a more moderate blood sugar response, which is better for stable insulin levels, which is optimal for fat loss....switch to 100% whole grain, its a good move

Jamesstout is just really nice. (+1000) Jamesstout is just really nice. (+1000) Jamesstout is just really nice. (+1000) Jamesstout is just really nice. (+1000) Jamesstout is just really nice. (+1000) Jamesstout is just really nice. (+1000) Jamesstout is just really nice. (+1000) Jamesstout is just really nice. (+1000) Jamesstout is just really nice. (+1000) Jamesstout is just really nice. (+1000) Jamesstout is just really nice. (+1000)
    brown bread is not wholegrain it'll say wholemeal if its wholemeal
    http://eatnakd.com/ - natural balance -real food real energy (and really fast cyclists)

it doesnt get any easier you just go faster,
    if winning was easy everyone would do it,
    the pain stops at the chequered flag

i thought abdominal cruch was a breakfast cereal

THE HOW TO COOK THREAD http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=4311423

my blog www.ridelikeamuppet.blogspot.com

SaintPatty is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SaintPatty is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SaintPatty is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SaintPatty is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SaintPatty is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SaintPatty is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SaintPatty is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SaintPatty is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SaintPatty is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SaintPatty is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SaintPatty is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I agrre with Quelly to a point. Many bread manufacturers (especially the big ones, Sara Lee, etc) put out products touting themselves as 100% enriched whole grain, when really they're not. The 'enriched' part means that the flour has been processed so far that they need to add iron, and softeners to the bread to make it more appetizing. Enriching when it comes to bread is not a good thing. And there are TONS of breads that are '100% whole grain' that are loaded with HFCS and other crap. To this end those breads are literally what you called them 'brown bread'. Nothing different from white but a whisper of bran coating from the wheat to give it that color. Anyway, just read the ingredients carefully. Or try flourless bread liek Ezekiel. Takes a little getting used to but I'm hooked on the stuff.
    I'm not in this for the trophy; I'm in it for the hypertrophy.

DavidL913 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DavidL913 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DavidL913 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DavidL913 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DavidL913 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DavidL913 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DavidL913 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DavidL913 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DavidL913 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DavidL913 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DavidL913 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    What are some good brands of whole grains to buy @ markets such as Ralph , Vons and etc?

Gizmosbro2 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Gizmosbro2 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Gizmosbro2 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Gizmosbro2 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Gizmosbro2 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Gizmosbro2 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Gizmosbro2 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Gizmosbro2 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Gizmosbro2 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Gizmosbro2 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Gizmosbro2 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    sounds like ur talking pumpernickle

jamesc23 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    wat exactly is so bad about bread? does bread have more calories or something?