Phillzig has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

NEW way to work traps...

I THINK that your traps come into play once (when doing db laterals) the db's come past your head... so couldn't u swing up till your upper arm touches ur head, and stop when making a 180degree angle with arms??

scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz
    what do side laterals for medial delts and shrugs etc for traps... better... imo...

RiNgMaSteR will become famous soon enough. (+50) RiNgMaSteR will become famous soon enough. (+50) RiNgMaSteR will become famous soon enough. (+50) RiNgMaSteR will become famous soon enough. (+50) RiNgMaSteR will become famous soon enough. (+50) RiNgMaSteR will become famous soon enough. (+50) RiNgMaSteR will become famous soon enough. (+50) RiNgMaSteR will become famous soon enough. (+50) RiNgMaSteR will become famous soon enough. (+50) RiNgMaSteR will become famous soon enough. (+50) RiNgMaSteR will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    The traps work anytime you press your arms overhead. No need to do that. They get hit plenty on other exercises.
    Link to my journal.....

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=359604

Stats=currently injured ankle

best lifts at 180

bench 225/10 275/2
    Deadlift 405/5 455/1
    Full oly style Squat 325 w/belt

hyp3r3xt3nsion has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    don't swing your arms helter-scelter on laterals

reFLEX has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally posted by hyp3r3xt3nsion
    don't swing your arms helter-scelter on laterals
    bump

The way the muscle fibres run in the traps, that really wouldn't be the most effective way to train them.
    Leg day is a good day

russjasp has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    the reason you arent supposed to lift your arms above parallel in laterals is because it decreases the acromiom space in your shoulder joint and crunches down on the supraspinatus tendon (something to that effect) which = bad...and can lead to impingement, etc

russ

htownsb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) htownsb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) htownsb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    if u want a compound movement that hits the traps hard. Learn to power clean. I do 2 sets of 3 reps and I go as heavy as possible. I do this once a week alternating each week between power cleans and heavy shrugs. Unlike shrugs, in power cleans u dont hold the contraction, instead when ur power cleaning the weight up ur contracting ur traps forcefully which means ur traps get a better workout. Just dont overdo these tho.

TarvMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TarvMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TarvMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TarvMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TarvMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TarvMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TarvMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TarvMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TarvMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TarvMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TarvMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

Snatches.

Snatches and Clean and jerks will accomplish what you are after, safely. And will make you a better athlete.

It was (the question) just something that was bothering me. I only do my laterals up to eye level anyway.

I recently bought arnold's encyclopedia and noticed that an exercise named i think 'reverse overhead dumbell laterals' which is almost a complete replicate of my description above!! Coincidence! It says it targets side and rear delts as well as traps and is a favourite with british bodybuilders.
    So i've got sldl and shrugs on back day, and wanna do these on shoulder day (traps need growth). Is this exercise somewhat safe or worth doing as arnold still mentions in the 2nd edition that for dumbell laterals to do a 'pouring water' motion which is bad for the r/c i believe?

hyp3r3xt3nsion has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally posted by Phillzig
    as arnold still mentions in the 2nd edition that for dumbell laterals to do a 'pouring water' motion which is bad for the r/c i believe?
    very bad for the r/c