Josh37 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Josh37 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Josh37 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Josh37 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Josh37 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Josh37 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Josh37 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Josh37 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Josh37 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Josh37 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Josh37 will become famous soon enough. (+50)

How I Made Cottage Cheese Taste Good....

Alright, this is one of the most common topics on here, so I thought I'd share some tips for making cottage cheese palatable.

Some people love it. Many more despise it. Its generally agreed, however, that the curd is one of the best muscle foods. Personally, I don't mind the taste and texture, and often eat it with just salt and pepper. But there are ways to make it taste much better, so for those of you who cant choke the stuff down in its original form, read on.

First, the taste of different brands of cottage cheese varies greatly, so experiment with different types. Borden is one of my favorites, but itâs a little on the expensive side, so I often settle for some of the generic brands. Also, the lowfat varieties are often much more palatable than the nonfat ones, and the difference is only 1 gram of fat per half cup.

Alright, now for the tips. Adding just a couple of ingredients can dramatically alter the taste of cottage cheese, and many of these are simple and quick. These are all my favorites, but all of them certainly wonât appeal to everyone. Just cycle through them until you find one you like, and dont be afraid to try one because it sounds odd. You might be pleasantly surprised.

With Splenda
    Add Splenda. Simple as that. It tastes sort-of like yogurt, and if I have some nonfat plain yogurt, I often add that into the mix. Cinnamon can also be used to add a twist.

With Pineapples
    Add chopped pineapples. For some reason, the taste of cottage cheese and pineapples compliment each other very well, so just mix them together in a bowl and spoon them up.

As a salad dressing
    Put a dollop on the side of your salad. The cottage cheese often compliments the taste of various veggies in the salad, especially tomatoes.

With Oatmeal
    Do-up your oatmeal as usual, and add ½ cup of cottage cheese at the end. If you know how to make a tasty bowl of oatmeal regularly, this addition will make it even better.

Eastern Mediterranean Style
    I have Israeli friends who wolf down more of the curd than your average Strongman competitor. Heres a mixture that I learned from them. Spread some cottage cheese in a bowl, add chopped cucumbers and tomatoes around the edge, then drizzle olive oil over everything. Top with a can of tuna and enjoy.

Tortilla picante loca del pollo
    This one is more of a main dish, so roll-up your sleeves, throw on your chefs hat, and step up to the kitchen. Slice one grilled chicken breast in strips, then mix the following in a bowl: ½ cup cottage cheese, ½ cup salsa, 1 chopped roma tomato, 2 slices of onion (chopped), and a dash of salt, pepper, and ground cumin. Lay out 2 whole wheat tortillas, and layer them first with the chicken, then the mixture. Wrap them up, and put them in the oven for 5-10 minutes at 400-degrees, or nuke them in a pinch.

Dessert Fudge Shake
    Throw these in a blender: ½ cup cottage cheese, 1 scoop chocolate protein powder, a dash of spenda, 1 cup of ice, ½ cup water. Blend for 30 seconds, open the lid, throw in 1 oz. walnuts, and chop for a few seconds. It tastes like an ice cream dessert, no kidding.

EFA Shake
    This one kills two birds with one stone: flax oil and cottage cheese. Separately, they can cause repulsion dry-heaving. But throw them in a shake and their magic. Put these in an electric blender: one scoop chocolate protein powder, 2 tablespoons whole flax seeds, ½ cup cottage cheese, 1 cup ice, couple of dashes Spenda. Blend on high for about a minute, until all of the flax seeds have been ground.

Fruit Shake
    Take frozen berries (blueberries, strawberries, raspberries, or a mixture thereof), and mix them in an electric blender with 1 scoop vanilla or strawberry protein powder, 1 cup ice, ½ cup cottage cheese, some Splenda, and ½ cup of nonfat milk (or vanilla soymilk if youre feeling kinky). Blend for 30 seconds to 1 minute.

Cheesecake Shake
    Go buy some lowfat Jell-O cheesecake mix, and add one tablespoon to this mix: 1 scoop vanilla protein powder, ¾ cup of cottage cheese, 1 cup ice cubes, a dash of Splenda, and just enough water to mix it in a blender. To make this really special, add a couple of drops of vanilla extract and a graham cracker. Blend on high for 30 seconds to 1 minute.

Blueberry Cheesecake
    Use another tablespoon of the cheesecake Jell-O, and mix with the following in an electric blender: ¾ cup frozen blueberries, ¾ cup cottage cheese, 1 scoop vanilla protein powder, 1 cup ice, and ½ cup water. Blend on high for 30 secs, then pour into a bowl and top with about ½ inch of raw oat bran. Lightly press the oat bran into the mix , until it looks like a crust, then refrigerate for an hour.

Peanut Butter Cup Pudding
    Put 1 scoop chocolate protein powder, 2 tablespoons chocolate fudge Jell-O mix, 2 tablespoons natty peanutbutter, ¾ cup cottage cheese, 1 cup ice cubes, and ½ cup water in a blender, blend on high for 1 minute. Pour it into a bowl, sprinkle with chopped walnuts, and refrigerate for an hour.
    Last edited by Josh37; 04-06-2004 at 05:55 PM.
    Knowing is not enough; we must apply.
    Willing is not enough; we must do.

n0 liMitZ has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) n0 liMitZ has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) n0 liMitZ has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) n0 liMitZ has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) n0 liMitZ has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) n0 liMitZ has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Good recepies but lets just leave cottage cheese plain
    Future Goals:

1. 180-185 LBS 8% BF
    2. Start boxing
    3. Canada Games (With a bodybuilders physique)

Flex Wheeler is the man.

Currently:
    1. 195 10% BF

there are no shortcuts sword chucks's Avatar
    sword chucks has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sword chucks has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sword chucks has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sword chucks has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sword chucks has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sword chucks has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sword chucks has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sword chucks has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sword chucks has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sword chucks has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sword chucks has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

Thumbs up

Awesome post, man. This should be an article on the main site.

Im gonna have to try the cinnamon tonight. Everythign else seems kind of extensive to me.

bul kup has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    a quality post, looks tasty, i like the stuff mixed with just some cooked egg noodles in a bowl. scrumptious

D-Money is on a distinguished road. (+10) D-Money is on a distinguished road. (+10) D-Money is on a distinguished road. (+10) D-Money is on a distinguished road. (+10) D-Money is on a distinguished road. (+10) D-Money is on a distinguished road. (+10) D-Money is on a distinguished road. (+10) D-Money is on a distinguished road. (+10) D-Money is on a distinguished road. (+10) D-Money is on a distinguished road. (+10) D-Money is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Man those look pretty good. That blueberry cheescake sounds really good. I will make that this weekend when my strawberrie protein powder gets here.

One more kinda like the desert shake I make some times

1 scoop chocolate pp
    1 cup cottage cheese
    2 tbs peanut butter
    1/2 cup milk
    Ice to taste

Adding cottage cheese to protein shakes make them taste like milkshakes.
    For we know in part and we prophesy in part, but when perfection comes, the imperfect disappears. When I was a child, I talked like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I put childish ways behind me. Now we see but a poor reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known.
    - I Corinthians 13:9-12

LFOBES1213 will become famous soon enough. (+50) LFOBES1213 will become famous soon enough. (+50) LFOBES1213 will become famous soon enough. (+50) LFOBES1213 will become famous soon enough. (+50) LFOBES1213 will become famous soon enough. (+50) LFOBES1213 will become famous soon enough. (+50) LFOBES1213 will become famous soon enough. (+50) LFOBES1213 will become famous soon enough. (+50) LFOBES1213 will become famous soon enough. (+50) LFOBES1213 will become famous soon enough. (+50) LFOBES1213 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    ok

Josh37 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Josh37 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Josh37 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Josh37 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Josh37 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Josh37 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Josh37 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Josh37 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Josh37 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Josh37 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Josh37 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally posted by Lee Fobes
    ok
    huh?
    Knowing is not enough; we must apply.
    Willing is not enough; we must do.