SoButteR has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SoButteR has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SoButteR has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SoButteR has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SoButteR has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SoButteR has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SoButteR has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SoButteR has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SoButteR has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SoButteR has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SoButteR has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

back pain while squatting

i get back pains while doing atg squats. i've only done those types of squats for two workouts. and both times i've been getting lower back pain.

anyone know why? it's probably my form, should i start using a belt?
    ALOHA

Stimpy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    not sure what you mean by atg squats but anyway, if you're hurting your lower back really bad when squatting then its most likely your form isn't so good and your leaning in too forward when you go down in the squat. Nothing out of the ordinary, it used to happen to me when i first started squatting, but with experience my form got better and better and my back was being strained less and less.
    if you really want you could use a belt, but i feel my range of motion is restricted when i wear a belt, besides, no belt works your back stabilisers which is also an advantage of using no belt. But, you could use a belt on the really heavy lifts if you wanted.
    Weight: 205lbs
    height: 6'

current max benchpress of 297lbs
    current max deadlift of 396lbs
    current max squat of 341lbs
    been seriously training since mid 2003.

scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz
    whats atg squats...

forklift has a spectacular aura about. (+250) forklift has a spectacular aura about. (+250) forklift has a spectacular aura about. (+250) forklift has a spectacular aura about. (+250) forklift has a spectacular aura about. (+250) forklift has a spectacular aura about. (+250) forklift has a spectacular aura about. (+250) forklift has a spectacular aura about. (+250) forklift has a spectacular aura about. (+250) forklift has a spectacular aura about. (+250) forklift has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    ass to ground?

2 victor goes spoils THe WeapoN's Avatar
    THe WeapoN is a jewel in the rough. (+500) THe WeapoN is a jewel in the rough. (+500) THe WeapoN is a jewel in the rough. (+500) THe WeapoN is a jewel in the rough. (+500) THe WeapoN is a jewel in the rough. (+500) THe WeapoN is a jewel in the rough. (+500) THe WeapoN is a jewel in the rough. (+500) THe WeapoN is a jewel in the rough. (+500) THe WeapoN is a jewel in the rough. (+500) THe WeapoN is a jewel in the rough. (+500) THe WeapoN is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    dont use a belt watch your form
    we aim for one thing, to be perfect, yet we will never be.

scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz
    Originally posted by forklift
    ass to ground?
    genius....

concentrate on form and work on flexability...

hyp3r3xt3nsion has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally posted by forklift
    ass to ground?
    ass to grass

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hreadid=252836