Jrd has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Does smoking affect weight loss/muscle gain?

?

Registered User Matthew Shepard's Avatar
    Matthew Shepard is on a distinguished road. (+10) Matthew Shepard is on a distinguished road. (+10) Matthew Shepard is on a distinguished road. (+10) Matthew Shepard is on a distinguished road. (+10) Matthew Shepard is on a distinguished road. (+10) Matthew Shepard is on a distinguished road. (+10) Matthew Shepard is on a distinguished road. (+10) Matthew Shepard is on a distinguished road. (+10) Matthew Shepard is on a distinguished road. (+10) Matthew Shepard is on a distinguished road. (+10) Matthew Shepard is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    It's never good to take smoke into your lungs. Try to cut down as much as possible.
    RIP Matthew Shepard--gone but NEVER forgotten!

Check Out My Transformation Photos! (305lb-159lb) : http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=152603323&p=1043189043&viewfull=1#post1043189043

Yea I know its not :P I've cut down from 8mg to 2mg so far, I plan to keep going

Registered User Matthew Shepard's Avatar
    Matthew Shepard is on a distinguished road. (+10) Matthew Shepard is on a distinguished road. (+10) Matthew Shepard is on a distinguished road. (+10) Matthew Shepard is on a distinguished road. (+10) Matthew Shepard is on a distinguished road. (+10) Matthew Shepard is on a distinguished road. (+10) Matthew Shepard is on a distinguished road. (+10) Matthew Shepard is on a distinguished road. (+10) Matthew Shepard is on a distinguished road. (+10) Matthew Shepard is on a distinguished road. (+10) Matthew Shepard is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I don't know how much nicotine there is per cigarette

Smoking 5 or less every day is much better than a pack a day smoker tho.
    RIP Matthew Shepard--gone but NEVER forgotten!

Check Out My Transformation Photos! (305lb-159lb) : http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=152603323&p=1043189043&viewfull=1#post1043189043

The smoke from each cigarette contains, on average:

0.2 milligrams or less of nicotine

thats on a 2mg smoke packet

razorhigh has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) razorhigh has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) razorhigh has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) razorhigh has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) razorhigh has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) razorhigh has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) razorhigh has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) razorhigh has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) razorhigh has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) razorhigh has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) razorhigh has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    This has to be, by far, the dumbest question ever asked in the history of mankind.

Read man and read good lol smoking is bad ok...whenever u digest and or put anything harmful in your body, it will hurt you physically, thus hinder your results.

1+1 =2

taffer is just really nice. (+1000) taffer is just really nice. (+1000) taffer is just really nice. (+1000) taffer is just really nice. (+1000) taffer is just really nice. (+1000) taffer is just really nice. (+1000) taffer is just really nice. (+1000) taffer is just really nice. (+1000) taffer is just really nice. (+1000) taffer is just really nice. (+1000) taffer is just really nice. (+1000)
    there is no way you can perform at your peak when smoking
    everything will be harder, and your body wont grow as much, its horrible for you

wanna lose weight? you got the dedication to quit drinking alcohol, soda, junk food, and start exercising regulary, add quitting smoking to that list!

there are patches to help you, so go see a doctor about it!

JonZ has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JonZ has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JonZ has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JonZ has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JonZ has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JonZ has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JonZ has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JonZ has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JonZ has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JonZ has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JonZ has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Taffer is correct.

I smoked for about 13 years.

After quitting,my leg presses and squats went up over 150 pounds. Everything went up. - I can lift heavier and longer in the gym. I dont get tired as quickly.

Also smoking put your body in a "hypertension" mode making recovery difficult. In other words, it DIFINITELY effects your bodybuilding.

Since I quit smoking, Ive made more gains in the past few months than I have in the past few years.

Im also sleeping LOT better. I used to get by on 4 hours a night and since Ive quit smoking, its almost doubled. Im now getting 7-8 on average.

If you smoke, quit now. Use the money you were spending on cigarettes on food, train and grow.

PS - You may notice some weakness in strength at first. Its your body going thru withdrawl. Just keep eating and training and itll fade and youll be on the road to some real gains.

It may take you a few trys. It did with me. If you fail just keep trying. Keep trying until u can quit for good. But once I saw the benefits and gains, smoking isnt worth it and I rather have the gains (and SONY HDTV I just bought with the money saved) than the cigarettes.

Once you see the results, itll be hard to put a cig in your mouth again. I also recommend avoiding those who smoke for awhile if u have friends that wont respect ur decision. After a few weeks, the smell of smoke qwill DISGUST you. Exsmokers are alot more sensative to the smell that people who never smoked.
    Last edited by JonZ; 04-05-2004 at 07:05 AM.
    " The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog"
    - Mark Twain

Registered User johnnyironboard's Avatar
    johnnyironboard is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) johnnyironboard is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) johnnyironboard is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) johnnyironboard is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) johnnyironboard is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) johnnyironboard is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) johnnyironboard is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) johnnyironboard is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) johnnyironboard is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) johnnyironboard is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) johnnyironboard is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Don't smoke.

Willy Beans has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Dear little kids and the uneducated:

Nicotine doesn't do much to strength gains/weight loss.

SMOKING, on the other hand, is nicotine PLUS the carbon monoxide and poisons that you are inhaling. If you notice, when you smoke during the day and then go to the gym or work out, you can't do as many reps as when you do not smoke.

If you are ingesting nicotine, NOT TOBACCO (smoking, dipping), then your weight loss/muscle gain will not be affected.

Smoking does much more than deliver nicotine to your brain, it damages all your organs with its poison.