Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    LiftNeat has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LiftNeat has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LiftNeat has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LiftNeat has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LiftNeat has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LiftNeat has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LiftNeat has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LiftNeat has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LiftNeat has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LiftNeat has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LiftNeat has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

LiftNeat's 3x3 log

Hey guys Im finally gonna try my hand at PL'ing after BB'ing for over a year. Ive decided to go with the basic 3x3 as my first PL'ing routine. I got the program from deepsquatter.com

My current maxes: All raw(no straps,belts, nothing)
    Bench 220lbs
    Squat 270lbs
    DL 355 lbs

Projected maxes and the weights that im using the perecentages with
    Bench 230
    squat 295
    DL 370

This will be the first time ever that I will not be training to failure so Im really excited to see how this will work for me. Hopefully I will get even more than my projected maxes because of PL'ing newbie gains. The BB'er in me wants to gain some size from this routine so Im gonna throw in a few assitance excercises in the mix but nowhere near failure. Hopefully you guys will check out this journal and help me along the way since Im totally new to the PL'ing scene. Thanks!

Heisman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Heisman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Heisman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    You can look at my sig to see how well the 3x3 worked for me. However, I just moved the weights up as I saw fit, I didn't stick to Korte's program.

I'll be following this.

Not So Big is just really nice. (+1000) Not So Big is just really nice. (+1000) Not So Big is just really nice. (+1000) Not So Big is just really nice. (+1000) Not So Big is just really nice. (+1000) Not So Big is just really nice. (+1000) Not So Big is just really nice. (+1000) Not So Big is just really nice. (+1000) Not So Big is just really nice. (+1000) Not So Big is just really nice. (+1000) Not So Big is just really nice. (+1000)
    im interested to see if any of your size will decrease since switching to a powerlifting routine instead of a bodybuilding program.. i prefer size over strength but powerlifting would be cool also. anyway make sure u measure and everything and ypdate that as weel and not just your lifts. when do u start btw
    LIFES A GARDEN, DIG IT

I deadlifted 475 yesterday, WAY TO GO IDAHO

LiftNeat has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LiftNeat has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LiftNeat has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LiftNeat has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LiftNeat has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LiftNeat has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LiftNeat has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LiftNeat has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LiftNeat has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LiftNeat has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LiftNeat has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    -arm measurements(flexed no pump) Right 16 inches and Left 15 3/4 inches
    -Quads 5 inches above knees: Right quad 22inches and Left quad 21 1/2 inches
    -Calves Right calve 16 inches and Left calve 16 1/2 inches
    -Forearms both 12 inches
    -Chest/lat spread- 46 inches
    -neck just over 16 1/2 inches(hopefully will get bigger from all the DL'S!)

just took these measurements

AJ010 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AJ010 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AJ010 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AJ010 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AJ010 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AJ010 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AJ010 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AJ010 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AJ010 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AJ010 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AJ010 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

Re: LiftNeat's 3x3 log

Originally posted by LiftNeat
    Hey guys Im finally gonna try my hand at PL'ing after BB'ing for over a year. Ive decided to go with the basic 3x3 as my first PL'ing routine. I got the program from deepsquatter.com

My current maxes: All raw(no straps,belts, nothing)
    Bench 220lbs
    Squat 270lbs
    DL 355 lbs

Projected maxes and the weights that im using the perecentages with
    Bench 230
    squat 295
    DL 370

This will be the first time ever that I will not be training to failure so Im really excited to see how this will work for me. Hopefully I will get even more than my projected maxes because of PL'ing newbie gains. The BB'er in me wants to gain some size from this routine so Im gonna throw in a few assitance excercises in the mix but nowhere near failure. Hopefully you guys will check out this journal and help me along the way since Im totally new to the PL'ing scene. Thanks!
    **** man, our maxes are so similar!!

When are you maxing again? I'd personally bump up the deadlift projected max to 375 or 380.

Im guessing I will max out at the end of the 3x3 or just get on another PL'ing program although I have no F'ing idea which one as Im really new to PL'ing Ive read some westside articles but a lot of the info seems real confusing to me but I do have an assload of knowledge about nutrition and BBing . Ive already got all the weights calculated out using the percentages for the next eight weeks so I think its too late for me to change the projected maxes. I wish I had your numbers when I was your age unlimitedsteel!

Fullback_45 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Fullback_45 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Fullback_45 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Fullback_45 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Fullback_45 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Fullback_45 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Fullback_45 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Fullback_45 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Fullback_45 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Fullback_45 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Fullback_45 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Real nice lifts bro. Can't wait to see how you progress man. Once you PowerLift, you never go back!

Originally posted by Fullback_45
    Real nice lifts bro. Can't wait to see how you progress man. Once you PowerLift, you never go back!
    Thanks man, Ive seen your journals in the past and I gotta say youve made some awesome improvements. Im hoping some of you guys can give me some PL'info along the way! I bet youve put on a lot of solid mass after getting all those new PR's

Fullback_45 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Fullback_45 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Fullback_45 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Fullback_45 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Fullback_45 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Fullback_45 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Fullback_45 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Fullback_45 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Fullback_45 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Fullback_45 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Fullback_45 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Thanks alot bro! Really appreciate it!

If I see anything throughout your routine Ill def be sure to tell you.

As far as the bench goes, I recommend bar contrel and the descent. Bring the bar out of the rack, hold it there, and bring it down, really helps me stay tight. I used ot bring it out of the rack and drop it and try and rep them as fast as i can, but slowing down the descent of the bar has really helped me stay tight. Give it a shot with 135 and let me know what you think. Its the way I should be benching anways.

Thanks alot bro! Really appreciate it!

If I see anything throughout your routine Ill def be sure to tell you.

As far as the bench goes, I recommend bar contrel and the descent. Bring the bar out of the rack, hold it there, and bring it down, really helps me stay tight. I used ot bring it out of the rack and drop it and try and rep them as fast as i can, but slowing down the descent of the bar has really helped me stay tight. Give it a shot with 135 and let me know what you think. Its the way I should be benching anways.
    Sounds good I always hear about elbows in but everytim i try that its like im doing a CG bench. Im pretty sure I keep my shoulder blades tight because I get a mark on my upper trap/back area when im done flat benching

Sack king, genetic freak Julius Peppaz's Avatar
    Julius Peppaz is just really nice. (+1000) Julius Peppaz is just really nice. (+1000) Julius Peppaz is just really nice. (+1000) Julius Peppaz is just really nice. (+1000) Julius Peppaz is just really nice. (+1000) Julius Peppaz is just really nice. (+1000) Julius Peppaz is just really nice. (+1000) Julius Peppaz is just really nice. (+1000) Julius Peppaz is just really nice. (+1000) Julius Peppaz is just really nice. (+1000) Julius Peppaz is just really nice. (+1000)
    good luck with the 3x3 man.
    |^^^^^^^^^^^^^^)\\
    | Buy Yardie Brand PB | ||'""|""\___
    | its wut the pros use l ||__|_|____|
    (@!)!(@)"""""*******|(@) (@)**|(@)

my lifts are absolute ****

First Workout:
    58% of all maxes
    Squat 8 sets of 5 reps @ 170lbs
    Bench 8 sets of 6 reps @ 135lbs
    DL 8 sets of 5 reps @ 215lbs
    1 set of low weight cable curls and 1 set of low weight tri pushdowns

Comments on workout:
    I was actually surprised that I got tired and really sweaty from all this. Im not used to such high volume as I was using Max-OT for the past 5 months. I took about a minutes rest inbetween all sets so the workout last for about an hour and 15 minutes. This was the first time I tried benching with elbows in which felt kinda strange, felt it more in the tris and shoulders than chest. I threw in a couple assistance excercises at the end and then downed my Postworkout shake. Overall a goodworkout but I have to get used to the high volume and benching with elbows in. btw i felt a slight pump all over my body.

Originally posted by Julius Peppaz
    good luck with the 3x3 man.
    thnx man!

Not So Big is just really nice. (+1000) Not So Big is just really nice. (+1000) Not So Big is just really nice. (+1000) Not So Big is just really nice. (+1000) Not So Big is just really nice. (+1000) Not So Big is just really nice. (+1000) Not So Big is just really nice. (+1000) Not So Big is just really nice. (+1000) Not So Big is just really nice. (+1000) Not So Big is just really nice. (+1000) Not So Big is just really nice. (+1000)
    First Workout:
    58% of all maxes
    Squat 8 sets of 5 reps @ 170lbs
    DL 8 sets of 5 reps @ 215lbs
    1 set of low weight cable curls and 1 set of low weight tri pushdowns

Comments on workout:
    I was actually surprised that I got tired and really sweaty from all this. Im not used to such high volume as I was using Max-OT for the past 5 months. I took about a minutes rest inbetween all sets so the workout last for about an hour and 15 minutes. This was the first time I tried benching with elbows in which felt kinda strange, felt it more in the tris and shoulders than chest. I threw in a couple assistance excercises at the end and then downed my Postworkout shake. Overall a goodworkout but I have to get used to the high volume and benching with elbows in. btw i felt a slight pump all over my body.
    i dont kno if u posted a link or anything to the program that ur doing but if u did could u again? good job on the deadlifts, 8 sets of 215 and i would fall over and have a stroke lol
    LIFES A GARDEN, DIG IT

I deadlifted 475 yesterday, WAY TO GO IDAHO

lol trust me man I was one sweaty bastard at the end. The program is at deepsquatter.com in the archives section

Tuesday-off day just wanted to say that im sore as hell. Quads,hamstrings,lats,lower back, and delts are sore. Im surprised that my chest isnt sore tho because after benching im usuall really sore. Maybe the lack of soreness has to do with elbows in benching. Any comments. btw could somone explain to me more about elbows in benching, is that how I shouyld be benching for PL'ing?

BPP has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BPP has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BPP has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BPP has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BPP has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BPP has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BPP has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BPP has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BPP has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BPP has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BPP has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Tuesday-off day just wanted to say that im sore as hell. Quads,hamstrings,lats,lower back, and delts are sore. Im surprised that my chest isnt sore tho because after benching im usuall really sore. Maybe the lack of soreness has to do with elbows in benching. Any comments. btw could somone explain to me more about elbows in benching, is that how I shouyld be benching for PL'ing?
    yes, elbows IN for correct bench form

takes off the chest and puts it more onto the delts/lats/triceps

Originally posted by bigpoppaproppy
    yes, elbows IN for correct bench form

takes off the chest and puts it more onto the delts/lats/triceps
    cool thats what I thought, I'll just continue with elbows in until it feels more comfortable.

Thats good that your feeling it in your shoulders and tris when you bench! You'r doing it right. Workout looked great bro.

Thnx man, Im heading out in a copule of hours for my workout. Im still sore as hell but I'll just work through it.

Last Nights workout:
    Squat 8 sets of 5 reps @170lbs
    DL's 8 sets of 5 reps @215lbs

Notes: squats felt extremely light and easy compared to last time which was nice. Still trying to get the feel for elbows in benching so the weight didnt feel any lighter than last time. IM also really feeling the bench in my front delts. DL's went ok but my hamstrings were sore as hell from Mondays workout so I really had to push myself to finish up the DL's. I ended the workout with one set of really light BB curls and one really light set of tri pushdowns.

Todays workout:
    Squats 170lbs for 8 sets of 5 reps
    Bench 135lbs for 8 sets of 6 reps
    DL's 215 for 8 sets of 5 reps

Notes: once again the squats felt nice and easy. BENCHing with elbows in just killed my right shoulder, Ive never had this kind of problem before with elbows out so Im thinking I might just stick with elbows out. Any reccomendations? By the time I got to DL's I was pretty tired but I got through them . Too tired at the end of this workout to do any asistance work. Im still trying to get used to a high volume workout. Increasing weights next week!

Workout looked strong. You'r bringing the bar lower down on your chest/solar plexis right? In the long run benching elbows in is going to save your shoulders. Give it a shot again next week.

Workout looked strong. You'r bringing the bar lower down on your chest/solar plexis right? In the long run benching elbows in is going to save your shoulders. Give it a shot again next week.
    Ive been experimenting with where I bring the bar down to. I guess I'll give it another shot next week. Fullback could you give me a site with proper benching technique pictures. thanks man!

Ill look and see. Im pretty sure Pain's got some vids, let me see if i can find one.

Theres a tone on www.metalmilitia.com even though they are shirted lifters, its the same form or close to.

Found this interesting http://www.midwestbarbell.com/videos/benchmissouch.wmv

Theres a tone on www.metalmilitia.com even though they are shirted lifters, its the same form or close to.

Found this interesting http://www.midwestbarbell.com/videos/benchmissouch.wmv
    **** for some reason I can never see most of the vids people post. I think it has to do with my comp being a Mac??

Thanks anyways Fullback, I always appreciate it

Did you try right click "save target as" ?

Did you try right click "save target as" ?
    lol im a computer retard. My mouse only has one button to click on

Dude wtf lol? Your mouse is like from the early 90's lol.