xxghostxx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xxghostxx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xxghostxx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xxghostxx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xxghostxx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xxghostxx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xxghostxx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xxghostxx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xxghostxx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xxghostxx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xxghostxx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

Hydrolized Collagen protein?

I noticed this as a common ingredient in metrx and a few other protein bars,as part of their Protein "blend." What concerns me is that I do not know what type of protein this is and it's the first ingredient listed, followed by Whey Isolate, and a few others that are actually descent. I'm not much of a person to eat protein bars, but i got myself locked in a situation where I had to today, and it got me thinking about my lack of knowledge of what collagen is? Can anyone explain it to me? Does it have full amino spread? Or is it just another bulking agent like soy protein is for most supplemental bars..
    Unaffiliated.

w8tsforlife will become famous soon enough. (+50) w8tsforlife will become famous soon enough. (+50) w8tsforlife will become famous soon enough. (+50) w8tsforlife will become famous soon enough. (+50) w8tsforlife will become famous soon enough. (+50) w8tsforlife will become famous soon enough. (+50) w8tsforlife will become famous soon enough. (+50) w8tsforlife will become famous soon enough. (+50) w8tsforlife will become famous soon enough. (+50) w8tsforlife will become famous soon enough. (+50) w8tsforlife will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Re: Hydrolized Collagen protein?

Originally posted by xxghostxx
    I noticed this as a common ingredient in metrx and a few other protein bars,as part of their Protein "blend." What concerns me is that I do not know what type of protein this is and it's the first ingredient listed, followed by Whey Isolate, and a few others that are actually descent. I'm not much of a person to eat protein bars, but i got myself locked in a situation where I had to today, and it got me thinking about my lack of knowledge of what collagen is? Can anyone explain it to me? Does it have full amino spread? Or is it just another bulking agent like soy protein is for most supplemental bars..
    Collagen and reticular fibers contain the protein collagen. Collagen is a very tough material and these fibers impart great strength to structures in which they occur (meat is tough because of its collagen content). The tensile strength of collagen has been compared to that of steel.

When collagen is hydrolyzed (water is added under a special process changing it to hydrolized collagen), collagen is then converted into soluble protein gelatin.