habib has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

What happens when you stop?

So, I'm currently 5'7" and around 157 lbs and 15% BF. Spring quarter just started and I want to cut down to around 10% or lower(ohpleaseohpleaseohplease) by the middle of June (end of the quarter). At the beginning of October I was around 210lbs and at least 25% BF. This was accomplished through the standard calorie deficiency/40-40-20/30-30-30 (some variation depending on the days) method.

I am now considering CKD or some sort of keto for this quarter to burn off the fat I still have. However, the problem is that once the quarter ends there is no way I will able to continue it. I simply do not have the resources at home (university dining halls are a great tool for any diet, as I've discovered, heh) to eat almost nothing but fat and protein.

So my question is, what happens when you revert to a 'normal' carb diet. I mean, I'm no bodybuilder by any means. I am very athletic, but the majority of the sports I play (badminton, tennis, hockey) not only do not require a huge build, but in many cases (such as the first two) having a lot of muscle is detrimental as it restricts your ability to move quickly. It would still be nice to pack on 5-10 lbs of muscle (especially in the chest/arm area, and to strengthen the abs, pics linked below), but first I want to cut myself to the best condition of my life.

Right, enough rambling, since my off-season diet would likely be ~200-300of carbs a day and the rest protein and fat (which I understand is the FDA 'recommended' amount, with 1200 calories of a 2k diet being carbs). Would I blimp up after I get off keto?

(Jesus that was a long post to ask a simple question, but I wanted to provide some background)

Here are some pics and a small movie if anyone wants to give me any other advice: http://habibsdepot.com/pics/pics.html

Edited to add: I just started weight lifting 3 times a week again (did it during the last half of Fall quarter, stopped during winter to concentrate on getting less tubby), and I do some cardio (swimming/tennis/badminton/HIIT rowing) every other day of the week.

More edit: I don't take any supplements or anything, and no post-workout shakes (I just go to the dining hall and eat after a workout). All 150g+ of protein that I get a day come from food, and I'm not planning to take any fat-loss/muscle-gain agent, if that makes a difference in your answers.
    Last edited by habib; 04-01-2004 at 07:15 PM.

marcFE is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) marcFE is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) marcFE is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) marcFE is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) marcFE is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) marcFE is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) marcFE is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) marcFE is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) marcFE is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) marcFE is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) marcFE is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Ok, im not 100% sure im on CKD also, however, I beleive that once you stop doing CKD you will gain about 7 lbs back due to the water retention after that its all about calorie intake vs outtake. You cant gain wait eating 2500 calories in a day if your BMR is 2600 due to the calories in vs calories out ratios.

People say you gain weight because of this: Go on atkins/ckd, finish it, suddenly you realize all you cared about was weight loss and you lost all your muscle (what happens on atkins due to carb restrictions for a long time and your muscles have nothing to run on which leads to them going catabolic) or the person just goes back to their old habits and eats fast food again and is bound to gain weight ..

Now maybe im wrong but I hope im not since I dont want to gain a ton of weight back getting off CKD ^^

But...why would people lose so much muscle on CKD if CKD is advertised specifically as the best way to retain muscle while burning fat? As to the water retention...yikes, I only have around 10lbs of fat to lose, if I get to a stage I like and stop KETO and gain 7 lbs of water, wouldn't that screw with muscle definition?

Or does it not work like that?

ftmguy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    What? I think someone is smoking some thing here(marcFE). The weight you gain back is water weight. I gain back 6-8 pounds every weekend from my carb ups. The keto diet is a muscle sparring diet. I have lost 15 pound of fat and only 3 pounds of muscle in 2 months of being on it with doing 1000 cals a below maint (its what works for me).

Let use my goals to explain this. I want to get down to about 218-220 pounds. So I am shooting for 210 at the end of the week when I am depleted. It easy to do but remember I you to shoot for 5-10 pounds then your goal because of water weight.

Now for gaining it all back that's B.S. If you keep eating the same food you did when you where on the deit and add the carbs from buns or what not then less you will gain weight back. Because you just shot way over your maintance cals. If you go back to maintance or just a little below when you hit your goal weight then you will be fine and you wont gain any weight back.

I see, ok, and for the first 2 weeks i go without a carbup?

ftmguy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Yes 2 weeks before carb up