Thread: SL Deadlift

asuguy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) asuguy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) asuguy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) asuguy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) asuguy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) asuguy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) asuguy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) asuguy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) asuguy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) asuguy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) asuguy has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

SL Deadlift

are SL deadlifts a subsitude for regular deadlifts? I feel very awkward doing regular dl so i switched to stiff leggeg ones and can do them with perfect form. thoughts?
    11/2010: 196lbs
    12/4/2010: 185lbs

Just_being_me has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Just_being_me has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Just_being_me has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Just_being_me has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Just_being_me has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    its a different exercise.....i think its pretty obvious there is a difference in the movements/bodyparts worked....

most people do stiff legged for hamstrings/lower back.

trap_builder has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    When you do the stiff legged deadlift you are concentrating on your hamstrings rather than your lower back.

Personally I prefer regular deadlifts because besides working your back really well, they also work the hamstrings.

Regular deadlifts actually work ALL of your back side. From the upper traps down to the soleus. That's why they release such a great amount of anabolic hormones.
    Being Full Is No Reason Not To Eat

scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz
    for me...

sldl=hammies
    deads=lower back...

asuguy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) asuguy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) asuguy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) asuguy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) asuguy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) asuguy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) asuguy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) asuguy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) asuguy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) asuguy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) asuguy has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    i see. well for me at least sl dl hit my lower back quiet well. maybe thats just cause ive never worked lower back before.
    11/2010: 196lbs
    12/4/2010: 185lbs

NuclearArms has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NuclearArms has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NuclearArms has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NuclearArms has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NuclearArms has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NuclearArms has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NuclearArms has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NuclearArms has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NuclearArms has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NuclearArms has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NuclearArms has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    DId some SLDL today to finish my hamstring workout. Slow and easy with a good stretch.
    My famous work quote:

I can live with a little pain and 18+" arms,
    I can't live with the pain of having little 14" arms

Zensuji is a name known to all. (+5000) Zensuji is a name known to all. (+5000) Zensuji is a name known to all. (+5000) Zensuji is a name known to all. (+5000) Zensuji is a name known to all. (+5000) Zensuji is a name known to all. (+5000) Zensuji is a name known to all. (+5000) Zensuji is a name known to all. (+5000) Zensuji is a name known to all. (+5000) Zensuji is a name known to all. (+5000) Zensuji is a name known to all. (+5000)

Re: SL Deadlift

Originally posted by asuguy
    are SL deadlifts a subsitude for regular deadlifts? I feel very awkward doing regular dl so i switched to stiff leggeg ones and can do them with perfect form. thoughts?
    if you find reg deads a bit awkward try doing sumo deads (if you haven't already)

i find reg deads a bit tricky so i just stick with sumos

Just_being_me has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Just_being_me has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Just_being_me has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Just_being_me has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Just_being_me has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally posted by trap_builder
    When you do the stiff legged deadlift you are concentrating on your hamstrings rather than your lower back.

Personally I prefer regular deadlifts because besides working your back really well, they also work the hamstrings.

Regular deadlifts actually work ALL of your back side. From the upper traps down to the soleus. That's why they release such a great amount of anabolic hormones.
    Yes, but its obvious, bending over at the waist and standing back up, does and would use stress on the lower back, as well as the hamstrings...to say it only works the hamstrings alone, and no lower back, would not be considering the movement you are doing...like i said, it works hamstrings and some lower back, but is not the same as regular deadlifts

This is especially obvious when you see an exercise like Good Mornings...now that is 'close' to the same movement as the stiff legged deadlift (but w/ a slight knee bend to take the stress off the hamstrings), but the only real obvious difference is the placement of the bar...

and i know its not "THE" authority, but if you look at bodybuilding.com's exercise pictures and descriptions: http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/exer...cle=Lower+Back for stiff legged deadlift they list the MAIN muscle worked as lower back, and hamstrings secondary....