kyle00 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kyle00 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kyle00 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kyle00 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kyle00 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kyle00 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kyle00 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kyle00 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kyle00 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kyle00 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kyle00 will become famous soon enough. (+50)

I consider tuna a supplement but...

We all know we eat tuna like no other but I had a quick question about it. From what I have heard if you eat to much tuna you can get mercury poisining. This can also cause a loss of hair and whatever other side effects it may have. From what I hear if you want to avoid this and you eat lots of tuna you should be eating light tuna. Now I just bought 2 4lb cans of tuna from costco and no where on the cans does it say light, but it is in water and not oil. So what is the difference between light and regualr, is the oil and water thing that make it light? Should I only buy light for now on? If anyone knows anything about this or have heard such things let us know.

Waxesponge49 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Waxesponge49 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Waxesponge49 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Waxesponge49 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Waxesponge49 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Waxesponge49 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Waxesponge49 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Waxesponge49 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Waxesponge49 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Waxesponge49 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Waxesponge49 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    dont worry about mercury poisoning. The media will say anything to get people worked up about nothing.
    And she says it natural, I feel I've come of age, when she peaks I start to run

pogue is just really nice. (+1000) pogue is just really nice. (+1000) pogue is just really nice. (+1000) pogue is just really nice. (+1000) pogue is just really nice. (+1000) pogue is just really nice. (+1000) pogue is just really nice. (+1000) pogue is just really nice. (+1000) pogue is just really nice. (+1000) pogue is just really nice. (+1000) pogue is just really nice. (+1000)

FrTimothy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Re: I consider tuna a supplement but...

Originally posted by kyle00
    We all know we eat tuna like no other but I had a quick question about it. From what I have heard if you eat to much tuna you can get mercury poisining. This can also cause a loss of hair and whatever other side effects it may have. From what I hear if you want to avoid this and you eat lots of tuna you should be eating light tuna. Now I just bought 2 4lb cans of tuna from costco and no where on the cans does it say light, but it is in water and not oil. So what is the difference between light and regualr, is the oil and water thing that make it light? Should I only buy light for now on? If anyone knows anything about this or have heard such things let us know.
    Contact StarKist....

I did.

They said the (main) risk is in tuna steaks....not canned tuna. Canned Tuna is held to fairly strict standards whereas tuna steaks (slabs of raw fish) are not measured for mercury generally and not consistantly. I don't have the stats but canned tuna is very safe.
    God is Dead - Nietsche
    Nietsche is Dead - God

kyle00 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kyle00 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kyle00 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kyle00 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kyle00 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kyle00 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kyle00 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kyle00 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kyle00 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kyle00 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kyle00 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Alright then, good to know.

3. Check local advisories about the safety of fish caught by family and friends in your local lakes, rivers, and coastal areas. If no advice is available, eat up to 6 ounces (one average meal) per week of fish you catch from local waters, but don’t consume any other fish during that week.

From the link above... thats the kind I have, and I eat a tuna sandwhich at least once a day...

woodhog has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) woodhog has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    i wouldn't sweat it. i eat at least 7 oz a day. the people conducting these mercury studies probably smoke cigarettes and eat fast food

XEastCoastHateX is a jewel in the rough. (+500) XEastCoastHateX is a jewel in the rough. (+500) XEastCoastHateX is a jewel in the rough. (+500) XEastCoastHateX is a jewel in the rough. (+500) XEastCoastHateX is a jewel in the rough. (+500) XEastCoastHateX is a jewel in the rough. (+500) XEastCoastHateX is a jewel in the rough. (+500) XEastCoastHateX is a jewel in the rough. (+500) XEastCoastHateX is a jewel in the rough. (+500) XEastCoastHateX is a jewel in the rough. (+500) XEastCoastHateX is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Just eat it till you drop....
    The 1337 site of the decade http://s7.invisionfree.com/Breaking_The_Pain/index.php?act=idx
    - Got a tattoo question go here---> http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=207339&highlight=XEastCoastHateX
    ***http://s7.invisionfree.com/Breaking_The_Pain/index.php?act=idx***
    -If you post your maxes they are fake and you are full of crap....
    -07-19-2002......In Memory of the Great List......04-29-2004