SiCkkBoY has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

How much protein should and Average Joe intake daily

Hi all,

I posted this in a thread regarding what is the healthy amount of protein to intake daily. But since the thread appears that it will become buried I have decided to make a new thread to answer my question. Hope you all don?t mind.

This the thread:

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...2433581&page=3

This is what I wrote:

First off this site is great and I appreciate all the posts by all the vets here, you have really helped to educate this newbie noob on how to be healthier.

So as I mentioned I'm a total newbie to weight lifting and becoming healthier and reading this post is a little scary. After reading this and other post about this I'm not sure what my protein intake should be. You see I'm not a bodybuilder and have no intention or desire to have a super huge sculpted body. I'm just an average Joe wanting to be fit.

Currently I am 5'10 190 and about 30% body fat and I want to change that, so I have joined a gym and started watching and counting what I eat. From browsing the internet I have adopted the 20/40/40 ratio that seems popular. Since I find it hard to maintain that 40% protein I have been using Whey protein as a supplement.

I weight lift 3 times a week split body and cardio 5 times a week. My goal is to drop about 30 lbs of body fat and gain 15 lbs of muscle mass. After a week of keeping a detail log of my caloric intake these are my averages per day Fat 25%(45.9g)/ Carb 43% (178.01g)/ Prot 32% (129.36) and an average intake of 1710 calories. I drink about 2 liters of water a day and have an office job.

So for an average Joe such as me, what would be the ideal intake of protein? I defiantly do not what to be harming my body seeing that I want to become healthier and Kidney Stones sound really painful.

Cheers and thanks

medo30886 will become famous soon enough. (+50) medo30886 will become famous soon enough. (+50) medo30886 will become famous soon enough. (+50) medo30886 will become famous soon enough. (+50) medo30886 will become famous soon enough. (+50) medo30886 will become famous soon enough. (+50) medo30886 will become famous soon enough. (+50) medo30886 will become famous soon enough. (+50) medo30886 will become famous soon enough. (+50) medo30886 will become famous soon enough. (+50) medo30886 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by SiCkkBoY View Post
    Hi all,

I posted this in a thread regarding what is the healthy amount of protein to intake daily. But since the thread appears that it will become buried I have decided to make a new thread to answer my question. Hope you all don?t mind.

This the thread:

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...2433581&page=3

This is what I wrote:

First off this site is great and I appreciate all the posts by all the vets here, you have really helped to educate this newbie noob on how to be healthier.

So as I mentioned I'm a total newbie to weight lifting and becoming healthier and reading this post is a little scary. After reading this and other post about this I'm not sure what my protein intake should be. You see I'm not a bodybuilder and have no intention or desire to have a super huge sculpted body. I'm just an average Joe wanting to be fit.

Currently I am 5'10 190 and about 30% body fat and I want to change that, so I have joined a gym and started watching and counting what I eat. From browsing the internet I have adopted the 20/40/40 ratio that seems popular. Since I find it hard to maintain that 40% protein I have been using Whey protein as a supplement.

I weight lift 3 times a week split body and cardio 5 times a week. My goal is to drop about 30 lbs of body fat and gain 15 lbs of muscle mass. After a week of keeping a detail log of my caloric intake these are my averages per day Fat 25%(45.9g)/ Carb 43% (178.01g)/ Prot 32% (129.36) and an average intake of 1710 calories. I drink about 2 liters of water a day and have an office job.

So for an average Joe such as me, what would be the ideal intake of protein? I defiantly do not what to be harming my body seeing that I want to become healthier and Kidney Stones sound really painful.

Cheers and thanks
    TOO LOW CALORIES
    active guy should not go below 1800 to 2000 at least
    worry about that 1st
    medo30886@yahoo.com