moos3 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Bulk up Arms and cut chest

Can anyone recommend a workout for bulking up my arms and cutting my chest? I have 48 chest that is a a little fatty, and my upper arms flexed are 15 and non flexed 12inches. I would Like to get bigger arms and more defined chest. Any suggestions?

Heres my current schedule

5am Push-ups, sit-ups *Fat Burners, Protein Shake*
    5:15am Jogging 1-mile
    5:30am Run 2-mile
    6am Breakfast --> protein shake, mini-wheats, banana, glass of OJ*shower*

11am Lifting routine from velocity diet
    Noon Push-ups, Sit-ups another 1 mile*protein shake*
    12:30pm Lunch Salad - light dressing, chicken on it, Fruit, Protein Shake

5pm Dinner- Salad, chicken or fish, Protein shake, *fat burners*

7pm Push-ups, sit-ups
    7:30pm Run/Jog 2-miles
    8pm Push-ups sit-ups
    8:30pm Shower/Bed

Repeat Daily

v4lu3s is just really nice. (+1000) v4lu3s is just really nice. (+1000) v4lu3s is just really nice. (+1000) v4lu3s is just really nice. (+1000) v4lu3s is just really nice. (+1000) v4lu3s is just really nice. (+1000) v4lu3s is just really nice. (+1000) v4lu3s is just really nice. (+1000) v4lu3s is just really nice. (+1000) v4lu3s is just really nice. (+1000) v4lu3s is just really nice. (+1000)
    to grow the muscle in your arms you need to gain muscle.
    to lose the muscle in your chest you need to lose mass.
    which one is more important? it is going to be a lot easier to do one at a time, such as cutting to reduce bodyfat, and maintain mass/strength. then later increasing calories to grow while increasing strength.

based on your diet I would say your odds of growing anything are slim to none. plus the amount of cardio indicates that you are using it to lose fat as well.

you are probably not going to see the size increases until you eat more and add resistance training.

adding strength is a must. I have lost all the fat that I want to until I gain some strength in my arms. I can cut down the cardio. I just look funny with a big chest and big legs and tiny arms and neck. So I should focus now on strength and increasing muscle mass.

Oldboy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Oldboy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Oldboy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Oldboy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Oldboy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Oldboy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Oldboy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Oldboy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Oldboy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Oldboy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Oldboy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    terribel w/o, diet plans.

You don't need to do run, do pushups and sit ups all day long every day.

Decide what you want to do, cut fat or build strength and mass, and then someone may be able to help you.

Alternativley you could always do a search.

Also, saying you just want bigger arms and a more defined chest is just retarded quite frankly. You must work your whole body, unless you like to have muscle imbalances, which lead to injury and ****ty posture and a non-functioning body.
    Last edited by Oldboy; 04-28-2007 at 01:33 PM.

I want to add strength and mass. So what should I do?

Oldboy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Oldboy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Oldboy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Oldboy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Oldboy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Oldboy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Oldboy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Oldboy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Oldboy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Oldboy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Oldboy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Eat and lift. Search this and the nutrition forum stickies for the details on how to do that. There's no point me typing it all out when it's just a few clicks away.

Alot of people are using a programme called 5X5 right now, just one of many options.

yoyohomieg5432 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) yoyohomieg5432 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) yoyohomieg5432 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) yoyohomieg5432 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) yoyohomieg5432 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) yoyohomieg5432 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) yoyohomieg5432 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) yoyohomieg5432 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) yoyohomieg5432 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) yoyohomieg5432 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) yoyohomieg5432 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    ur 6'4 286 and ohnly have 12" arms cold?

for size and strength i would say 5x5 as well. ther are plenty of threads on it.
    Support our Troops

I'm 6'4 264 and I only have 12 arms cold. I know tiny. So just any 5x5 program?

Jim K is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Jim K is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Jim K is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Jim K is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Jim K is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Jim K is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Jim K is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Jim K is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Jim K is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Jim K is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Jim K is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    do you expect to have big arms just doing push ups all day?

put the hard work in, and you'll get results...

if you want a small chest, big arms, I'll agree with the other guy, its a stupid want....but all you need to do for that is CUT HARD......do all the running and jogging you do, take out the pushups......and just do a very simple bicep workout every 3-4 days.....barbell curls 3 sets, concentration curls 3 sets, preacher/hammer curls 3 sets......keep it simple and don't overtrain....the key to biceps.

with your biceps, their the easiest to overtrain, but also the easiest to repair, because their such a simple muscle group.....don't go crazy on your bi's....just go hard with the limited amount of sets....

just do that, and run and jog your ass off like you say your doing every day. your set.

but then again, you'll only get beginner gains because your not working out your legs, or the rest of your body, so you'll hit a wall in a few monthes and not grow anymore until you work out ALL your muscles.

also, with jogging, i suggest the moment you wake up, have a bottle of water, then jog or run on an empty stomach for 40-60 minutes, then have a carb rich breakfast after running.....this will aid fat loss.

Jkieng has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Oldboy View Post
    good stuff,

JiP is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JiP is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JiP is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JiP is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JiP is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JiP is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JiP is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JiP is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JiP is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JiP is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JiP is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by moos3 View Post
    I'm 6'4 264 and I only have 12 arms cold. I know tiny. So just any 5x5 program?
    your bf must be like 30%+..
    Powerlifting log: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=172662011&page=1

Its not that I want a small chest its I just want to make it more defined then it is right now. I don't except to build my arms up with just push ups. I have been doing simple free weights and leg presses. JIP my BF is 28% -+.5% depending on chart.

pa mma is just really nice. (+1000) pa mma is just really nice. (+1000) pa mma is just really nice. (+1000) pa mma is just really nice. (+1000) pa mma is just really nice. (+1000) pa mma is just really nice. (+1000) pa mma is just really nice. (+1000) pa mma is just really nice. (+1000) pa mma is just really nice. (+1000) pa mma is just really nice. (+1000) pa mma is just really nice. (+1000)

5x5 program, it is the best i have tried soooo far and i was very skeptical about it but it does work....a million or so people can verify! here is the link check it out!

http://www.geocities.com/elitemadcow...Linear_5x5.htm

Thanks. I'm thinking of going back to college become a trainer any schools in New england recommend?