angelfire2005 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) angelfire2005 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) angelfire2005 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) angelfire2005 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) angelfire2005 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) angelfire2005 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) angelfire2005 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) angelfire2005 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) angelfire2005 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) angelfire2005 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) angelfire2005 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

Intermediate chest workout

Hi all, not sure where to post this exactly but I am hoping maybe you guys can help me. Basically I am looking for some comments on a solid chest routine. Currently my chest workout is something like:

3 x 10 - Flat barbell bench
    3 x 10 - Incline DB presses
    4 x 10 - Machine chest flyes

as you can see in my avatar pic my chest is lacking, and I think one of the reasons is because I am not able to go 100% on chest. I injured a stabalizer muscle in my left shoulder a year ago, and to this day still cannot go heavy on any chest exercise. Would adding decline presses or changing from machine flyes to DB flyes help at all? Could anyone spare a routine perhaps that has worked well for them? All replies are greatly appreciated, and will rep all those I can.
    hiya
    PSN: med171

DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by angelfire2005 View Post
    Hi all, not sure where to post this exactly but I am hoping maybe you guys can help me. Basically I am looking for some comments on a solid chest routine. Currently my chest workout is something like:

as you can see in my avatar pic my chest is lacking, and I think one of the reasons is because I am not able to go 100% on chest. I injured a stabalizer muscle in my left shoulder a year ago, and to this day still cannot go heavy on any chest exercise. Would adding decline presses or changing from machine flyes to DB flyes help at all? Could anyone spare a routine perhaps that has worked well for them? All replies are greatly appreciated, and will rep all those I can.
    How long have you been doing this routine?
    Bodybuilding is 60% training and 50% diet. Yes that adds up to 110%, because that's what you should be giving it. Change the inside, and the physique will follow.

angelfire2005 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) angelfire2005 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) angelfire2005 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) angelfire2005 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) angelfire2005 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) angelfire2005 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) angelfire2005 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) angelfire2005 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) angelfire2005 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) angelfire2005 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) angelfire2005 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by DJAuto View Post
    How long have you been doing this routine?
    For about 2 months
    hiya
    PSN: med171

I wanna talk to Samson! MisterSamson's Avatar
    MisterSamson is on a distinguished road. (+10) MisterSamson is on a distinguished road. (+10) MisterSamson is on a distinguished road. (+10) MisterSamson is on a distinguished road. (+10) MisterSamson is on a distinguished road. (+10) MisterSamson is on a distinguished road. (+10) MisterSamson is on a distinguished road. (+10) MisterSamson is on a distinguished road. (+10) MisterSamson is on a distinguished road. (+10) MisterSamson is on a distinguished road. (+10) MisterSamson is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by angelfire2005 View Post

Not sure if you can do it due to your shoulder, but dips are a great chest exercise. Also try cable and or dumbbell flyes in addition to or instead of a machine...

Leaning up for the beach cawchy's Avatar
    cawchy is on a distinguished road. (+10) cawchy is on a distinguished road. (+10) cawchy is on a distinguished road. (+10) cawchy is on a distinguished road. (+10) cawchy is on a distinguished road. (+10) cawchy is on a distinguished road. (+10) cawchy is on a distinguished road. (+10) cawchy is on a distinguished road. (+10) cawchy is on a distinguished road. (+10) cawchy is on a distinguished road. (+10) cawchy is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by nyg99 View Post
    Not sure if you can do it due to your shoulder, but dips are a great chest exercise. Also try cable and or dumbbell flyes in addition to or instead of a machine...
    I also have shoulder problems and dips hurt my shoulders the worst, just a heads up to go easy on them the first time you try them.

In response to your routine, if your going to use dumbells, use them first. That way your stabolizer muscles aren't as fatigued and you can push more weight.

Also, I would switch up your DB and BB. Do DB flat benchpress, and then incline BB. The reason for this is that the incline press is a fairly un-natural press and with a bad shoulder the worst thing you could do is add more in-stability to it.

I have had 2 pretty bad rotator cuff injuries and both have came from using DB. Try using just BB's for a few weeks and see how your shoulder feels and how your progress is.

Bottom line, is change things up and listen to your body. Find what it likes (or can tolerate) and stick with that. Shock your chest once in a while, but stick to what doesn't cause injury and you will see the best gains.