D-Y has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) D-Y has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) D-Y has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) D-Y has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) D-Y has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) D-Y has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) D-Y has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) D-Y has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) D-Y has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) D-Y has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) D-Y has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Lunges: back knee touching the ground?

When I do lunges I usually let my back knee touch the ground, then push back up with my front leg. Is this a good or bad idea? I find I feel it more in the quads this way.

Kate~ is a name known to all. (+5000) Kate~ is a name known to all. (+5000) Kate~ is a name known to all. (+5000) Kate~ is a name known to all. (+5000) Kate~ is a name known to all. (+5000) Kate~ is a name known to all. (+5000) Kate~ is a name known to all. (+5000) Kate~ is a name known to all. (+5000) Kate~ is a name known to all. (+5000) Kate~ is a name known to all. (+5000) Kate~ is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by D-Y View Post
    When I do lunges I usually let my back knee touch the ground, then push back up with my front leg. Is this a good or bad idea? I find I feel it more in the quads this way.
    I think you that is the most effective way..at least for me also...lets see what others say
    rather be 4wheelin !

Enso is a name known to all. (+5000) Enso is a name known to all. (+5000) Enso is a name known to all. (+5000) Enso is a name known to all. (+5000) Enso is a name known to all. (+5000) Enso is a name known to all. (+5000) Enso is a name known to all. (+5000) Enso is a name known to all. (+5000) Enso is a name known to all. (+5000) Enso is a name known to all. (+5000) Enso is a name known to all. (+5000)
    It's more of a personal preference than anything. Letting your knee touch the ground slightly is a good way to be sure you are getting a full ROM though. If it works for you, stick with it.

frvrmuscle will become famous soon enough. (+50) frvrmuscle will become famous soon enough. (+50) frvrmuscle will become famous soon enough. (+50) frvrmuscle will become famous soon enough. (+50) frvrmuscle will become famous soon enough. (+50) frvrmuscle will become famous soon enough. (+50) frvrmuscle will become famous soon enough. (+50) frvrmuscle will become famous soon enough. (+50) frvrmuscle will become famous soon enough. (+50) frvrmuscle will become famous soon enough. (+50) frvrmuscle will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    its seems to be mostly a preference thing. Your main objective is to get the front, upper leg to a 90 degree angle to the ground. If your back knee touches, great. If not, great. It is mainly a matter of flexibility.
    CHECK OUT THE JOURNAL!!! http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=112624821

DYSFUNCTIONAL strength I dont work at Ballys's Avatar
    I dont work at Ballys is a name known to all. (+5000) I dont work at Ballys is a name known to all. (+5000) I dont work at Ballys is a name known to all. (+5000) I dont work at Ballys is a name known to all. (+5000) I dont work at Ballys is a name known to all. (+5000) I dont work at Ballys is a name known to all. (+5000) I dont work at Ballys is a name known to all. (+5000) I dont work at Ballys is a name known to all. (+5000) I dont work at Ballys is a name known to all. (+5000) I dont work at Ballys is a name known to all. (+5000) I dont work at Ballys is a name known to all. (+5000)
    the deeper the better. try wieghted lunges on a step with 4 or 5 blocks, best butt workout i've ever done period. but after squats im basically finished anyways lol
    If what I see does not amaze me, I am not looking hard enough.

The more you learn, the more you realize you don't know.

My YouTube Vids: http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=ajcharmoz

Ajk_Lpool is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ajk_Lpool is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ajk_Lpool is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ajk_Lpool is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ajk_Lpool is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ajk_Lpool is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ajk_Lpool is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ajk_Lpool is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ajk_Lpool is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ajk_Lpool is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ajk_Lpool is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Ballys Trainer View Post
    the deeper the better. try wieghted lunges on a step with 4 or 5 blocks, best butt workout i've ever done period. but after squats im basically finished anyways lol
    lol x2. Squats just drain the life out of me, which is why I split my workouts with two leg days each week. One for squats, the other for variety.
    Founder of DPA Fitness & Author of The Weight Training Antidote.
    My Free E-book - The Weight Training Antidote: http://dpafitness.com/the-weight-training-antidote

papi93 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) papi93 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) papi93 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) papi93 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) papi93 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) papi93 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) papi93 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) papi93 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) papi93 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) papi93 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) papi93 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by D-Y View Post
    It's fine. You will be getting a full ROM with that technique. Just watch out when you get fatigued. There is a tendency, for some, to rebound the trailing knee off the floor to make the exercise easier.